This thread is privately moderated by bayou_city_boy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 04, 2017, 05:54 AM
Trader Rating: 173
Bayou_City_Boy
Thread OP
Found

Please Help! Lost all my RC gear! I need to start over!

NOV 2019
PLEASE NOTE:
This thread is from 2017.
We have recovered and are doing great.
Thanks to those who have assisted and kept checking on our progress.
Don

Hey guys,

I need to start over to replace all of my rc gear.

For those on you who know me, you know that we just went through hurricane Harvey.
It wasn't good. We were in the Addicks reservoir flood you keep seeing on the news.
We were told to expect over 2 feet of water in our homes.
So we bought fold up tables and plastic shelves to get everything 5 feet up.

The water rose 8 feet guys.

The house is 1 foot higher than the street so we had 7 feet of water in the house.
It is going down very slowly and there is still 4 1/2 feet in the house today.

So I need to start over. We have flood insurance but it will come up a great deal short .

I am not asking for charity or free stuff but if you have engines , servos, a couple of
good FM transmitters or other items you just don't use or need any more, I can use
them to get started again. Please PM me with items you can let go at a reasonable price.

I would like to get a couple of kits to build also. I fly .40 size down to .20 and .049.

We lost all 3 of the Boy Scout trainers. These were .40 size with buddy boxes.
Each trainer had its own field box and accessories.
We also lost all 10 of the 1/2A control line planes we had.

Any assistance you can provide, especially getting replacement trainers
and 1/2A CL planes for the Scouts, would be greatly appreciated.

Our temporary address is:

Don Daniels
C/O Staybridge Suites
10750 North Gessner Suite 208
Houston TX 77064

PM me the cost so I can reimburse you via paypal.

Thanks!

Don

UPDATES BELOW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017 09 05 Update
Guys it looks like in just over ONE DAY you guys have helped get the Scout planes replaced and you even have me set up with a plane and radio. Plus of couple of basic flight boxes. A couple of guys in the Houston area are meeting up with me this weekend to complete these.

That is awesome! And greatly appreciated!

I spoke to the Troop leader earlier today and told him how you guys were helping out and he was impressed and looking forward to getting the boys out flying.

Thank you guys. You have truly blessed out from your hearts.

2017 09 08 Update
Our neighbor was able to wade into the neighborhood on foot yesterday.
The water is finally out of the house but was still about 2 1/2 feet in the streets.
He said the smell was almost unbearable!

With the rate the water is flowing out we should be able to drive in Saturday or Sunday.
We will go see if there is anything to salvage.
Last edited by bayou_city_boy; Dec 03, 2019 at 06:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 04, 2017, 07:38 AM
Trader Rating: 49
SPEED FREAK
Damn , BCB sorry to hear this my friend . Let me take a look around see if I've got anything to get to you . Our thoughts are with you and yours . Mike
Sep 04, 2017, 07:49 AM
Bayou_City_Boy
Thread OP
Thanks Mike!
Latest blog entry: Recovery Update
Sep 04, 2017, 09:07 AM
Trader Rating: 89
Now I have to land that thing?
This brings up an interesting point - is this club an AMA chartered club? This would seem to be a perfect example of assistance. Please let us know. It seems you would be able to get "program assistance." God Bless, while you literally wring things out down your way...
Sep 04, 2017, 09:12 AM
Bayou_City_Boy
Thread OP
I am an AMA member but the Scouts are not involved in a club yet.

We just finished getting the planes for the Scouts ready and we did not even get a chance to fly them.
Sep 04, 2017, 09:30 AM
Trader Rating: 437
Flying is fun!
I am so sorry seeing all that damage!
I got some RC stuff to send you including some JR, Futaba receivers and batteries. I may find more to add!
please PM me your address and I will ship them tomorrow for no cost.

Regards,
M. A.
Last edited by BABYLON BIRD; Sep 04, 2017 at 11:19 AM.
Sep 04, 2017, 09:51 AM
Trader Rating: 9
Things are really a mess for sure. If you give me your address I have some stuff I could send your way. Transmitter, receivers and a few other things to help get you going ...Let me know what you need....James
Sep 04, 2017, 11:15 AM
Trader Rating: 29
Is the mail or UPS/FedEx even running yet? Where will the stuff end up if we send it?
Sep 04, 2017, 11:42 AM
Trader Rating: 33
Calm before the storm
I have a couple of kits but mailing anything there right now is impossible. I have a friend down there that picked up a generator from me a few days ago. I will be willing to drive to you this weekend. I have a G-44 Widegeon kit that is really nice NIB an F-5 kit that I will never get to. A Piper Cub J-3 kit that will most likely never get built either with as many of the kits that I have on hand right now. You bought my cheap radios already (If I remember correctly) I also have a hodgepodge of stuff arriving on Wednesday or Thursday that I can sort through and give you some items. Out of the kits above pick one and let me know. I cant imagine what you are going through. God Bless America! /Happy Flying!
Sep 04, 2017, 11:44 AM
Calm before the storm
If anyone wants to mail it to me I will drive to meet bayou_city_boy that is the best I can offer.
Sep 04, 2017, 11:46 AM
Trader Rating: 91
Same questions - your address; is USPS making deliveries, when will flying fields be usable?
When the time is right, I will have a box of miscellaneous. [email protected]
Sep 04, 2017, 12:01 PM
Calm before the storm
It will be several weeks before flood water recedes from that area. It is an area that will be effected the most. UPS is not making deliveries down into those areas. I have a good friend that is living in kingwood and he said it would be at least a week if not more, but that was about 4 days ago. Like I mentioned above I have no problem being the "UPS" man. But I also know that people don't want to feel like their being taken advantage of either. Send me your address bayou_city_boy and we can go from there.
Sep 04, 2017, 12:30 PM
Trader Rating: 437
Flying is fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy81
If anyone wants to mail it to me I will drive to meet bayou_city_boy that is the best I can offer.
Great idea! I would mail my miscellaneous box to you. please send me your address and I will do tomorrow. Thanks.

Updated..
I just printed a shipping label to Don at the address above!

God bless USA & RCG community.
Last edited by BABYLON BIRD; Sep 04, 2017 at 02:57 PM.
Sep 04, 2017, 12:32 PM
Trader Rating: 22
That's awful! So sorry about that. I had something similar happen a year ago -- garage fire and everything destroyed. Car totaled. My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Sep 04, 2017, 12:46 PM
Bayou_City_Boy
Thread OP
Thanks for all the thoughts and support guys!
I will put my address in the original post for all.

We evacuated to the north west side of Houston to the Willowbrook area.
We have a room at the Staybridge Suites there. so we are high and dry for now.

Mail services are good up here

Thank you all for responding!

Quick Reply