Trex 700E setup help!!! - RC Groups
Sep 03, 2017, 08:58 PM
Help!

Trex 700E setup help!!!

Hey everyone

I have built up a Trex 700E helicopter. V1 It was the combo kit. It uses the 3G Flybarless system. NOT the 3GX flybarless system.

So here is my thinking and list of items to finish up the heli.

Castle Talin HV120 (it has a 10A BEC built in.

Spektrum Dx8 radio

Series connector for the batteries/ESC. What type of plug should I use?

We already have batteries, (no connectors on them yet, again what type of plug should I go with)

So my thinking was using just a satellite rx for the bird and have everything go through the 3G system. BUT, I don't think that can be done with version of the 3G flybarless system? My reason for doing this would be avoiding another battery to power the RX, and the need of a separate BEC also.

Help with what I need, and hooking it all up would be wonderful!

I'll add some pics if that would help also.

Thank you
George
to remove ads between posts
Sep 04, 2017, 01:10 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
George,

Personally i'd advise to ditch the 3G controller, it's a first generation controller and so way out of date. You can get far FAR better controllers these days that will be more reliable and make the heli fly better and easier and they dont have to cost much.

Starting from the cheapest, you could pick up a Full size Kbar for about $25, this is a clone on the Mikado Vbar but they work very well. Then the next on the price list at around $100 is the 3digi, these are very well featured controllers with 'rescue' functionality. Then you have the more mainstream controllers such as the MSH Brain2 or the Spirit pro which are excellent.

Connectors are very much down to personal preference, most people have their favourite. Personally I use 5mm 'bullets'.. these are cheap and make series connection very neat and tidy but being a single pole connector you do have to take care to avoid shorts. For two pole connectors the XT90 or the EC5 are popular choices. The XT90 comes in anti-spark which is useful on 12S setups.
Sep 04, 2017, 09:29 AM
Is the kbar reliable on a big bird like the 700? I noticed there are several colors of this unit. What color do I want?

Where is the best place to buy the flybarless unit?

If I'm going to fly spectrum do all I need to use it as my RX is a spectrum satellite receiver?

I'm just trying to set this bird up for EASE of set up and reliability.

Thanks
Sep 04, 2017, 02:02 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
The full size Kbar would be the one to go for on a 700, not the 'mini'. The full size only comes in yellow: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RCMO...818973070.html

I've used them on 700 and 600 size helis, no problem. The Kbar uses the Mikado Vstabi software which is one of the most straightforward and intuitive to set up. (unlike the Align 3G software)

The Kbar comes with two satellite ports so you can run dual sats (no conventional receiver required). You would always want to run dual sats on a 700 heli.
Sep 04, 2017, 03:47 PM
Thanks jet plane flyer !!
Sep 13, 2017, 03:43 PM
X2 on JPF's input. I have a 700E DFC that I purchased used. The PO had set it up with an IKON which has been very trouble free. Ikon setup is very straight forward. For series connectors, mine has EC5. I've converted to EC5 on all my larger helis from 550 up. As far as Kbar, I've used those on my 450's and 500's and have had headaches at times getting tail gain set up properly.