Streamers on pusher wings - RC Groups
Sep 03, 2017, 08:27 AM
Hey, watch this!
Help!

Streamers on pusher wings

I've been flying some full-contact combat with the foam pusher wings (Zorro, Hacker EPO, etc.) That's fun but I miss lining up behind a buddy's streamer.

I'd like to try towing a streamer behind for more traditional (in my mind anyway) combat, but I can't decide on the best way/place for the attachment. before I start experimenting on my own, I thought I'd ask the many experts here what others might have had success with - or advise me to put a motor on front and get on with it.

Yes, I know about prop cuts but in the old days we'd score "drags" as well as true cuts. Also, I've got a bag full of streamers I've already cut down with the band saw that are just right for club electric combat.

Just thought I'd ask.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 03, 2017, 07:18 PM
Heath
The simple thing to do is run a string between the back of the wing tips then tie your streamer to the center of that string. You can still get prop cuts with a pusher wing you just need to be one foot or so closer. To increase the number of drag cuts add notches to your leading edge, or even better double sided carpet tape. If you fly a wing like the FT-Arrow that has forward motor placement you can attach the sting inside the ailerons for a shorter run. See photo.
Sep 04, 2017, 09:58 AM
Hey, watch this!
Thanks for the ideas.

I was thinking of running a few inches of music wire from TE just inside of the ailerons and attaching the string between those ends to keep it all away from the prop. An inch or two should be enough I thought. I'll report if it works. If not, I'll just make some excuse up