Nov 26, 2017, 07:50 AM
Yes in Tito neri I had Hitec 645MG, it was excellent choice. On Hobby King is a lot of powerfull servos. Yes, DDG is just call sign, in reality I am working for Qatar Airways, Gulf Air, Tuskish and some russian airlines. As a contractor. Every rotation different base.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2017, 05:02 PM
Lot of water; some gets thin
Thread OP
A bit of progress. Another chance for me to disguise hull differences. Tiger Sun hull is somewhat offset from the FERRIBY. After much thinking & experimentation I think I can get a good result.
Nov 28, 2017, 03:50 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
How about this,....

Nov 28, 2017, 05:31 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umi_Ryuzuki View Post
How about this,....

Cool for sure! When can you ship it?
Actually I intend to rip out the deck beams and start over. They did not look right...didn't feel right...didn't sit right so they AIN'T right! Letiing it sit for a day or so. Will do some small stuff on the Buddy Davis. Why I always try to have two projects underway at the same time. Keeps the frustration level down.
Last edited by chum444; Nov 28, 2017 at 05:36 PM.
Nov 28, 2017, 05:52 PM
Thread OP
BTW Umi that is great graphics work. What did you use?
Nov 29, 2017, 12:56 AM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by chum444 View Post
BTW Umi that is great graphics work. What did you use?
That'd my old Photoshop5.0 from when I was first starting up.

Dec 06, 2017, 08:26 PM
Thread OP
A bit on the FERRIBY.
Dec 07, 2017, 01:06 AM
Sea Dragon-Lover
oh yeah, got those two parts cast up...

Dec 07, 2017, 05:19 PM
Thread OP
Burned in the first of two drives. Ran it for 20 minutes per instructions...reversing it after 10 minutes.
Dec 09, 2017, 04:39 PM
Thread OP
Burned in the second drive today after changing the as-received LH prop for the included RH prop. Allows me to have port drive spin the LH prop outward as well as spinning the Stb'd prop outward. Props turning outward should provide optimal handling; particularly in small spaces.

I believe someone in another of my threads re Graupner Schotels advised filling the prop tube full with grease. Was that to prevent water from entering the drive? I lubed mine to cover the prop's lower gears.

I think Graupner has a hidden treason to have you burn them in. At least for the way I did it. Disassembling the unit/re-assembling it, running, disassembling it again gives one a true appreciation of getting that little pin back in the prop shaft and removing/re-installing the e-ring on top of the drive gear for the prop. Would have been easier to install both in the hull & then burn in. However, not really possible when it's snowing here.
Last edited by chum444; Dec 09, 2017 at 04:54 PM.
Jan 10, 2018, 08:55 PM
Thread OP
Bob,
Another FERRIBY reference.
http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/...p?lid=2614299#

Did some necessary but boring stuff today like giving the backing blocks for the drives & motors a coat of West epoxy. Still messing with location for the steering servos. Parts from M.A.C.K hopefully arrive tomorrow to help solve the servo riddle.
Last edited by chum444; Jan 10, 2018 at 09:00 PM.
Jan 11, 2018, 01:38 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Bill ,
Pardon my ignorance -and stop me if I'm wrong.. Ferriby is the name of a tug? and not the type of tug? Whatever..it's a sweet looking boat! Low center of G..a lot of stuff happening on that super structure. Love the windows..Nice Choice!
I got a kick looking up ships on that ship spotting site...
I don't know if you've seen this site if not check it out-I spend a lot of time seeing whose where (Cruise ships,tankers, yachts,tugs,research,oil rigs..So many ships out there in real time!
http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/...y:-10.0/zoom:2
Last edited by Bob Gaito; Jan 11, 2018 at 01:53 PM.
Jan 11, 2018, 01:58 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
It shows the Svitzer Ferriby at -Position Received: 1 minute ago (2018-01-11 18:53 (UTC)) in the English Channel -heading for South Hampton:

Latitude / Longitude: 50.8829803 / -1.39368498
Latest blog entry: Mark V Navy Seal SOC
Jan 11, 2018, 04:34 PM
Thread OP
Bob,
I subscribe to marinetraffic.com. Lot of fun playing with it. FERRIBY, the tug's name, is owned by Svitzer a subsidiary of MAERSK Lines. See http://svitzer.com/

The tug is a 24511 ASD built by Damen. See http://products.damen.com/en/ranges/...g/asd-tug-2411.

Wheel house will be a challenge among other head-scratchers.

Bill
Jan 11, 2018, 06:22 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Well no lack of pictures and documentation there! And- I am rooting for you, Bill, ..."That wheelhouse is right in your wheelhouse"
Latest blog entry: Mark V Navy Seal SOC

Quick Reply