Mar 26, 2018, 02:31 PM
The ICM20608 gyro died with no clear reason. It just stopped from one moment to the next.

I've seen 2 Banggood boards die and probably because of the unstable DC regulator.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 01, 2018, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannes
The ICM20608 gyro died with no clear reason. It just stopped from one moment to the next.

I've seen 2 Banggood boards die and probably because of the unstable DC regulator.
Today it the ICM20608 suddenly works again..
May 07, 2018, 08:26 AM
I noticed now with board nr 3 that when I connect the USB together with a battery the problems start. The Gyro doesn't calibrate anymore, and later breaks, or the USB port power stops functioning.
Oct 11, 2018, 01:27 AM
I have this board with a Typhoon 32 AIO - but can't get motor 1 to spin up on 3.2 (shipped) and now 3.5.1. All motors are known to be good (swapped them and same issue). Also was able to get motor 1 to spin up by swapping wires in the 8-pin cable. So it's something in the FC or software. Same issue on a previous FC that I thought was bad so I ordered another. Sigh.

Motor 1 is mapped to pin/resource B00. Is this the right mapping? Looking at the BFL source code this is a hard coded thing for both Omnibus F7 and F7 V2 boards.

Appreciate any pointers! Really want to get flying and this is the last frustration...
Oct 12, 2018, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notbrain
I have this board with a Typhoon 32 AIO - but can't get motor 1 to spin up on 3.2 (shipped) and now 3.5.1. All motors are known to be good (swapped them and same issue). Also was able to get motor 1 to spin up by swapping wires in the 8-pin cable. So it's something in the FC or software. Same issue on a previous FC that I thought was bad so I ordered another. Sigh.

Motor 1 is mapped to pin/resource B00. Is this the right mapping? Looking at the BFL source code this is a hard coded thing for both Omnibus F7 and F7 V2 boards.

Appreciate any pointers! Really want to get flying and this is the last frustration...
I've got a similar setup that's working fine. So by swapping wires you used ESC1? Maybe ESC 1 is broken?
Maybe the signal pin 1 of the FC is broken. You could try to remap signal pin 1 to some other pin.
Oct 12, 2018, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannes
I've got a similar setup that's working fine. So by swapping wires you used ESC1? Maybe ESC 1 is broken?
Maybe the signal pin 1 of the FC is broken. You could try to remap signal pin 1 to some other pin.
@jannes, by remap to another pin exactly what do you mean?

This is the same issue on two different FCs, same F7 V2s, and two different ESCs. The default BFL mapping of motor 1 is B00. Do you mean to use a different pin as in B02 or something that's not used? How does this translate into the FC sending the proper signal on the 8-pin connector for M1? Is that the same "pin" that B00 is mapped to or something else?

Thanks!
Oct 13, 2018, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notbrain
Do you mean to use a different pin as in B02 or something that's not used?
Yes, like the led pin or something.

I have 3 of these boards and they are all faulty. I got them refunded and I moved on to the OmniNXT which has worked flawlessly so far.
Last edited by jannes; Oct 13, 2018 at 03:00 AM.
May 22, 2019, 02:28 AM
Hello,
i will build a new Drone and i want use a Omnibus F7 V2.
I have him since last year, but for reasons of time only now come to it.
But now i have read a lot of negativ about this FC.
Shoult i use it or should i buy a other FC.
I dont want use a FC that are not controllable.
May 22, 2019, 11:39 PM
While it's working just use it I'd say. The OmniNXT F7 is much more reliable though.
May 23, 2019, 02:02 AM
Thanks fpr response. So itīs better if i us a OmniNXT F7. I dont want crash at the first flight.
May 24, 2019, 03:49 AM
If it works it (probably) won't crash. When you crash it may stop working. The flat cable that's sticking out may rip.
The onboard BEC may break or become noisy but that doesn't happen mid air.

On my board I removed the ICM20608 gyro with broken flat cable and it just runs on the MPU 6000 now.
The main 5v rail died while connecting USB together with a lipo so I connected the LED 5v rail to the main 5V rail to power the board.
The board doesn't power up when I connect USB but when I connect a lipo the board powers up and I have a data link with my PC.

I fly this OmnibusF7v2 a few hours a week for more than an year without problems now. The video is superclean and it's my most reliable aircraft now.
Last edited by jannes; May 24, 2019 at 04:01 AM.

Quick Reply