Are there ARF's like this plane? - RC Groups
Sep 01, 2017, 11:33 AM
Question

Are there ARF's like this plane?

Hello, It would be very cool to have a rc plane that resembles an actual airliner. Does anyone make arf's like this anymore?

Super Airliner DF ARF
https://www.horizonhobby.com/products/EFL7000
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2017, 07:31 AM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
I have one NIB for sale. Comes with everything you need except, batteries and your radio equipment. But be aware I do not have a greyhound terminal around me. it would cost a lot to ship. I am just outside phila pa. The motors and ESCs are from a crashed one but are just fine. I also am including a NIB navigation light set. It is a rare airplane to find. I will be at the NEAT fair funfly from Tuesday till sunday in Downsville NY if your anywhere near there. Since everything is included I am asking 225.00 well below what you would find anywhere else. New the plane was 180 plus 5 servos, escs,motors,and lights probally close to 375.00 like I said everything is NIB except motors and ESCs and the one steering servo.
Thanks
Dave
Sep 07, 2017, 02:32 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowspider
I have one NIB for sale. Comes with everything you need except, batteries and your radio equipment. But be aware I do not have a greyhound terminal around me. it would cost a lot to ship. I am just outside phila pa. The motors and ESCs are from a crashed one but are just fine. I also am including a NIB navigation light set. It is a rare airplane to find. I will be at the NEAT fair funfly from Tuesday till sunday in Downsville NY if your anywhere near there. Since everything is included I am asking 225.00 well below what you would find anywhere else. New the plane was 180 plus 5 servos, escs,motors,and lights probally close to 375.00 like I said everything is NIB except motors and ESCs and the one steering servo.
Thanks
Dave
That's actually a good deal Dave considering the Eflight Airliner are discontinued.

I have 2 but I'm keeping mine.
Latest blog entry: My RC 737 Assembly line!
Sep 19, 2017, 03:53 PM
here ya go, scroll down
http://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?r...d=82&limit=100

for the out of stock items, just ask to be alerted. They will email you when its in stock.
Sep 19, 2017, 04:23 PM
Awesome, thanks so much.
Sep 19, 2017, 06:54 PM
Just hope they get them back in stock. Some of the you tube videos said they are not available anymore. I sent them an email. I guess we will see.
Sep 19, 2017, 11:41 PM
Ninja Master
They've been discontinued for many years. I wouldn't hold my breath that they'll ever be back in production.
Sep 20, 2017, 12:14 AM
The Supreme Hobbies airliner is a perfect case for why airliners aren't ARFed much. The larger ones are too large and costly for the masses. They did a decent job making a smaller airliner, with retractable gear that the masses seem to demand. At it's size and weight, it's not exactly an everyday park flyer for the masses. People realize that, as well as there being a limited market for airliners to begin with, and the sales aren't good enough to really justify it. Best would be a much lighter hand tosser without the added gear weight, but people don't want that either.
Sep 20, 2017, 04:11 AM
That is too bad, I think they are very cool.
Sep 20, 2017, 09:55 AM
what? They come back in stock all the time. I've had them contact me recently. They do seem to sell to people willing to pay for the outrageous shipping, that's their only issue.

They are pretty good for what they are. Gear problems with the sequencer are the only problem they have. Well, and balanced EDFs, but thats all EDFs. Here, for example, people seem happy with it.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...e-Hobbies-A330

The A320 is probably the best choice, shorter/lighter and less complicated. It's certainly not a parkflyer, its going to land fast like most twin EDFs. It probably shouldnt be your first EDF. But, it seems to fly well. And scale. People here build up their own airliners and you're going to get some bias. I'm sure if you've got a couple hundred hours, you can make a better small EDF airliner. If not, these are a great choice and not really expensive.
Sep 20, 2017, 02:49 PM
Ninja Master
Guess I missed the post about the Supreme Hobbies planes. I was talking about the Eflight Super Airliner that was discussed in the first few posts.
Sep 20, 2017, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede
Guess I missed the post about the Supreme Hobbies planes. I was talking about the Eflight Super Airliner that was discussed in the first few posts.
Pretty safe to say that one will never come back in production. Look at their costs compared with production numbers, and it was probably more of a brand promo to begin with. Much easier to sell less complex models costing $100 less, with much higher production numbers and the same profits.
Sep 20, 2017, 10:14 PM
Registurd User
I have the Supreme Hobby A320...perfect size to fit in my car...sequenced LG is amazing! flies great! It was the answer to my wishes for an RC airliner.

Don't hold your breath for the Eflite one...that one is years out of production.

If I had the room I'd get the A330 which also has flaps and lights...but won't fit in my car.
Last edited by Hugo Flynow; Oct 05, 2017 at 07:41 AM.
Sep 21, 2017, 12:21 AM
nice runway too!
Sep 21, 2017, 08:07 AM
Registurd User
Thanks...It's our club's synthetic runway. It sure beats grass for these planes! They only added it in the past few years to accomodate all the foamies and EDF's

Downside is a lot of treeline to avoid...
Last edited by Hugo Flynow; Oct 05, 2017 at 07:41 AM.