Multiple esc's. 2 throttle 1 accessory - RC Groups
Aug 31, 2017, 02:56 PM
Discussion

Multiple esc's. 2 throttle 1 accessory

Hi, I'm working on a fishing boat. (with reel) My problem is I'm have a heck of a time operating a esc on any channel other than the throttle CH . I've disconnected the BES, and only use the signal line. All esc's are brushed. The Third Esc is to run the reel. Any ideas? thanks
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2017, 05:26 PM
I've had no problems on a boat with 2 ESCs and one servo, it just sits there and works. What does your setup consist of (radio, esc models), and what is the actual problem?
Sep 01, 2017, 10:40 AM
I'm trying to operate the third esc on a channel other than the throttle channel. Like you would with a servo. i have two 12v 12ah SLA running two viper 40's and the third esc is a no name brand. (link below) All on a HK6ch.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sep 01, 2017, 10:06 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Any proportional channel should operate the ESC once it is set up.
Switched channels, not so well...
Sep 02, 2017, 11:51 AM
The radio receiver thinks that everything plugged into it is a servo. If a servo works plugged into the channel wanted, the ESC, if it is working, should also work. Both require exactly the same signal. Some ESCs like to wake up to a valid neutral signal, some need the reverse switch on the transmitter to be set differently, depending on whether it was designed to work with Futaba or not.
To check whether a device works or not, a servo tester is the ideal thing. Amazingly cheap on fleabay, no real excuse for not having one.
"Using only the signal line." I hope that the ground line is still connected? Check the drawings in the "electrical discussion" thread.
Sep 05, 2017, 12:34 PM
thanks guys. i reattached the ground and all is well.