Holybro Kopis 1 Racing Drone - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Holybro Kopis 1 Racing Drone

Holybro has a new mini quad out soon that looks like a great competitive design. The Kopis 1 is a receiver ready racing drone with a super low deck to provide great handling.

Splash

Kopis Performance Built Racing Drone

Holybro has a new mini quad out soon that looks like a great competitive design. The Kopis 1 is a receiver ready racing drone with a super low deck to provide great handling. It has a stretched-X frame layout which provides better control with the rear motors in cleaner air. It's pre-built and includes everything you'll need aside from your receiver and batteries.

The FPV antenna sticks out of the back below the props to keep it protected during crashes. The frame is built from 5mm 3K carbon twill for durability and they did not skimp out on the electronics. It comes with T-Motor AIR40 2450kv motors and 30A BLHeli ESC's along with a Kakute F4 flight controller and an Atlatl video tx. With Betaflight, you can monitor your battery telemetry in the goggles and change the PIDs and rates on the fly with your radio. The Vtx has adjustable power output so you'll be sure to comply with race standards and avoid the hammer! There's a lot to like about the Kopis 1, but we're not sure when these are shipping or how much they will cost just yet. Stay tuned for news on that.

UPDATE: The Kopis 1 will be available in two weeks in two versions. The BNF version will cost $299 and the PNF version will cost $288.

Package Includes:

• 1x KOPIS FPV racing drone
  • 1x 5.8 GHz FPV antenna
  • 8x 5045 tri-blade propeller
  • 1x Battery strap (installed)
  • 1x Gopro4 stand

For more info on the Kopis 1 Racing Drone, visit Holybro

Sep 01, 2017, 09:10 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Interesting submission from HB. Will be watching closely.

I have like all the HB Shuriken quads I have had 180, 180 Pro, 250, X1 V1 and V2...... bring it on Holybro.

Get some demo units out there so the reviews can flow.
Sep 01, 2017, 04:55 PM
FPV addict
sub
Sep 06, 2017, 02:56 AM
Professional UAV Services
Flies great!

Package comes with a couple of spare sets of props and a decent vtx antenna which is a pleasant change on a bnf, camera is a little exposed which I guess is not that bigger issue on a race quad. Lua script worked straight up and the little vtx (which is in the stack on its own board) is putting out a strong, clean signal. I was worried the props would be in the camera view the whole time but once I set it to the required 65 degrees up-tilt for full speed forward flight the props were nowhere to be seen. Prop/motor/esc combo seem well suited for the size and weight with the tuning also pretty good out of the box. It is also setup to take the battery top or bottom.
Sep 09, 2017, 06:45 AM
Here's my first impression on the KOPIS 1!

Kopis 1 Quad Review | Holybro Hobby (5 min 35 sec)