View Poll Results: Will HobbyKing.com be around in 12 months?
Yes.. i still order from them 16 50.00%
No, don't think so...i rarely order from them 10 31.25%
Don't know and couldn't give a rats a$$. 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Apr 09, 2019, 10:22 AM
the smell of nitro in the morn
Well I reached out to HK and got a "What can we do help your order process " It might just be a waste of time but I sent a short esse on how well the filtering works and how much the new web page is loved by some of the end users.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2019, 02:43 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
Never had a single problem ordering from HK.
Apr 13, 2019, 08:33 AM
the smell of nitro in the morn
Nor I till last year, I got replies and concern but no results and a costumer service survey. I have had in the area of 30 orders form their previous site's and never a problem navigating the search for my wants.
Apr 13, 2019, 02:29 PM
Bobbybrown
So when did HK take down their customer support page in Vendor Talk? I just looked and they are gone. Are they done for?
Apr 14, 2019, 01:00 AM
most exalted one
They are not on this site anymore. That's all.
Apr 15, 2019, 04:49 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobybrown
So when did HK take down their customer support page in Vendor Talk? I just looked and they are gone. Are they done for?
RcGroups took the HK section away, as that is for site sponsors. And HK are no longer a site(RcGroups) sponsor.
All of the threads in their area(including this thread) were merged into this area (Vender Talk).

LURCH
Latest blog entry: Compulsory Reading!!
Apr 15, 2019, 01:37 PM
Bobbybrown
Thanks taz101, that is certainly interesting. It looks like they no longer advertise on any of the RC sites that I look at. Hmm.
Apr 17, 2019, 06:26 PM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.wilson56

Everyone agreed that a year ago the site was easy to use, and now it is almost impossible.

Hi,
totally agree.

But it is not for only one year now, guess it is for about 3 years (at least two), that the site does not work anymore.

They made several "updates" meanwhile, but non of them was an improvement.

Worst thing: The site is so fu…. slow, it is nearly impossible to "surf".

If you happen to have 20 or 30 items in your basket (i.g. because you put them in on a sale and see later, they are only available in HK or something like this), it takes probably more than half an hour to delete all those items (separately, you cannot chose more than one and each "delete" takes 15 - 30 seconds, you can watch "the watch").

Horrible,
Walter
Apr 17, 2019, 06:31 PM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobybrown
Thanks taz101, that is certainly interesting. It looks like they no longer advertise on any of the RC sites that I look at. Hmm.
But meanwhile get a lot of Google-ads from HK.
And they send a lot of newsletters… with "Deals of the week" (and I never can find any real deal in those newsletters).

Last time I ordered was, then they had the storewide 20% off coupon…
Apr 17, 2019, 06:34 PM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__
Never had a single problem ordering from HK.

Cannot understand this.

The site is so unbelievable slow (I have superfast internet at home and at work, and everything else works), and navigation is horrible meanwhile, and search does not work (sometimes misses items if type the absolute correct name of the item).

Ordering online from any of our local stores takes me ca. 3-5 minutes, ordering from Banggood or Aliexpress takes me 1 - 2 minutes, ordering from Hobbyking takes me an evening…
May 04, 2019, 04:25 AM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.wilson56
Two of the people involved in the discussion found it easier to locate items on Hobbyking by searching on Google, (not on the actual Hobbyking site), then going to the Hobbyking site with the code numbers.
BTW:
I am using this method, too - it makes life much easier, if you are searching for a special product on HK page.

HK-search is absolutely useless… try to find the 3racing ExReal Crawler on their webpage with their HK-search… does not work, incredible…

Walter
Jun 19, 2019, 12:01 PM
Quadaholic
And the shipping ripoff continues, $59 shipping on a $84 plane. And after years of saying they going to fix their slow website, its still the same.
Jun 19, 2019, 06:19 PM
Have you tried to get a quote from fedex to see by how much hobbyking is ripping you off.

The value of the item is irrelevant. Fedex are just moving a box. Shipping from china or hongkong is fairly expensive these days.

Its an $84 plane on special. It could be on sale for $5 and there would still be a select group people willing to screech that it is not enough.
Jun 20, 2019, 03:35 AM
Vienna calling...
Meanwhile I gave up.

I am regularly trying to "browse" on HK website, search, find things (you don't need, but then buy ), … as I did a lot in the old days.
But this impossible for some years now.

One of those extremely annoying things is removing parts from the basket.
This takes forever…
So if they have some sale, as they do regularly these days, you put a lot of stuff in your basket (cheap screws, paints, etc.) - and then you check your basket.
Half of the stuff is then from HK warehouse (or UK), what is nearly "impossible" for us meanwhile. Need EU warehouse because of shipping costs. In old days I nearly exclusively ordered from HK, but this changed.
Ever tried to remove 20 items from your basket?
This will take you probably 10 - 20 minutes.
Horrible.

Still no guess, why HK does this.
What do they want?
People complain about this for how many years now? 3, 4, more?

Countless other shops are able to have a good or at least medium webstore. HK is not able to provide this anymore.

It would already be a big help if you'd only be able to select numerous items in your basket and then remove all those items at the same time from your basket.

A further really annoying thing:
You do not see the price of the item in your wishlist anymore… Why that?
Have to click on the item every time to see the price… or put it into the basket…

I do not get it anymore.

HK would earn a lot more money with me (as they did in the old days), if their website would not be that horrible.

Walter
Jun 20, 2019, 04:44 AM
What are you talking about?
Based on all the complaints in this discussion I got curious so I went browsing into the HK site and everything ran very smooth. I ended buying a package of MPX 6 connectors from the USA warehouse.
Postage was normal to US rates. So now waiting to see how many days for my order to arrive.

Quick Reply