View Poll Results: Will HobbyKing.com be around in 12 months?
Yes.. i still order from them 16 50.00%
No, don't think so...i rarely order from them 10 31.25%
Don't know and couldn't give a rats a$$. 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Jul 09, 2018, 09:20 PM
Calm before the storm
They literally took me out of the hobby this is the second post I have made in 6 months. I got ripped off bad. Basically all the profit I was going to "make" on the project jet I was building was eaten up but a terrible shipping issue that was never resolved. They did give me credit for half of the order but I still had to replace the items for a customer I was building a jet for. I am so angry about it I just quit the hobby for a long while.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2018, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau
Something has changed, I wonder if they are looking at this thread. Ordered $93 worth of stuff from the US warehouse and shipping was ... free????!?!?!? WTHeck when did they offer free shipping and it's not even $100? was it a special?
We've been running a free shipping promo for months now...

Free Shipping - Terms & Conditions

Global Warehouse (Hong Kong)

All orders of USD150 and over, qualify for free shipping from the Global warehouse to the following countries only: Russia, Canada, Brazil, US, Australia, Great Britain, Japan, Korea, Canada, Israel, Germany, France, Italy, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, China, Philippines, New Zealand, Netherlands, Malaysia, Belgium, Austria, Norway, Sweden and Denmark. The maximum allowable weight to qualify for free shipping from the global warehouse is 20kgs.

Product exclusions: Around 800 SKUs including bulky items like e-bikes, scooters, 3D printers, planes and cars are excluded from the Free Shipping offer from the Global Warehouse.

US Warehouse
All orders of $50 and over, qualify for free shipping from the US warehouse to all states of US excluding Alaska and Hawaii. The maximum allowable weight to qualify for free shipping from the US warehouse is 30kgs. This has been extended to Canada as well.

United Kingdom Warehouse
All orders of $50 and over, qualify for free shipping from the UK warehouse to UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, France, Belgium, Spain, Netherland, Sweden, Poland and Hungary. The maximum allowable weight to qualify for free shipping from the UK warehouse is 30kgs.

Netherlands Warehouse
All orders of $50 and over, qualify for free shipping from the Netherlands warehouse to Germany, Netherlands, Italy, France, Belgium, Spain, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Czech Republic, Great Britain, Finland, Poland, Portugal and Hungary. The maximum allowable weight to qualify for free shipping from the Netherlands warehouse is 32kgs.

Australian Warehouse
All orders of $50 and over, qualify for free shipping from the Australian warehouse to Australia. This excludes New Zealand. The maximum allowable weight to qualify for free shipping from the Australian warehouse is 22kgs.

*Only countries mentioned above are on free shipping

Rob
HK
Jul 12, 2018, 08:53 AM
Electronics and RC
I don't mind paying normal shipping rates. Just fix your website so that we can browse properly, search properly, and limit to specific warehouses.
Jul 12, 2018, 09:54 AM
Free shipping to Canada is to high, should be $50 like the USA. That is the reason I don't shop there anymore along with the slow shipping on the last order that I did pay for shipping.
Jul 12, 2018, 07:46 PM
slats move, slots don't
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert63
Free shipping to Canada is to high, should be $50 like the USA. That is the reason I don't shop there anymore along with the slow shipping on the last order that I did pay for shipping.
It is $50 like the USA.

Quote:
US Warehouse
All orders of $50 and over, qualify for free shipping from the US warehouse to all states of US excluding Alaska and Hawaii. The maximum allowable weight to qualify for free shipping from the US warehouse is 30kgs. This has been extended to Canada as well.
Jul 12, 2018, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTesla
I don't mind paying normal shipping rates. Just fix your website so that we can browse properly, search properly, and limit to specific warehouses.
I hear you. We're updating the website today so that we can make the experience better.

Ian
Jul 13, 2018, 12:48 AM
Quadaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_Ian
I hear you. We're updating the website today so that we can make the experience better.

Ian
LOL, 18 months too late, your website change is now a horrible experience and you guys have been "fixing" it since the big blunder.

Banggood (pretty much free shipping on almost everything) and myrcmart is my goto hobby sites now.
Jul 13, 2018, 02:59 AM
Hi Guys,

We've almost finished our change over to a newer site which'll hopefully solve a lot of the issues that you have experienced. Once you've had a chance to try it out it'd be great if you could put your feedback here: https://forum.hobbyking.com/discussi...bsite/p1?new=1

Thanks,

Toby
Jul 13, 2018, 08:53 AM
Bleriot's R Us
cant see how to select a warehouse
Jul 13, 2018, 09:06 AM
SJ
SJ
yea, that is the most important feature. But it is as if hobbyking will not listen.
Jul 13, 2018, 09:37 AM
slats move, slots don't
Quote:
Originally Posted by xairflyer
cant see how to select a warehouse
Same place as it was before, next to the currency and language options on the top menu bar.
Jul 13, 2018, 10:30 AM
Luck is my skill
Okay HobbyKings has a new website look, so far some of the gripes I've had before seem addressed.

Invalid login no longer just ignores and makes me click login again, it stays in login with a message invalid PW, good.

I CAN FINALLY ADD TO MY WISHLIST THE FIRST TIME STAYING IN THAT SAME DAYAM PAGE!!! This was a HUGE annoyance, in the past I would have to ALWAYS add an item to my wishlist twice before it actually is added, further more it would take me to the wishlist page and I would have to hit the back link to go back to the product description, not great with a slow site.

Hmm you been listening HobbyKing, free shipping and so far ... your site seems better ... I was starting to give up on ya, but your Turnigy flavored FS-BS6 being 1/2 the cost of everyone else and now free shipping over $50 with the site seeming to get better ... I'm finding myself browsing again.
Jul 13, 2018, 02:17 PM
AMA 112851
I've never had a problem with orders and will continue to order from them. My biggest complaint was navigating and searching their website. Hopefully this will be resolved with the new site which BTW looks great so far. Second complaint is discontinued items. Seems like they discontinue a lot of items quickly. Running out of stock quickly is my last issue but I guess they are doing a lot of world wide volume... Keep getting better HK!
Jul 13, 2018, 03:45 PM
Bleriot's R Us
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHK
Same place as it was before, next to the currency and language options on the top menu bar.
Dont know what hobbyking site you have but it was down the left before, and its not along top now either
Jul 13, 2018, 03:56 PM
Bleriot's R Us
Re the wish list, one thing not fixed from original site is items are still getting removed from wishlist when you add them to the cart, please let us decide when we want to delete them from our wishlist, one advantage of a wishlist is for repetitive orders of same item.

Also using the wishlist is now slower as its only displaying 10 items per page, so if you have 21 items you have to select two further pages to view them, please just keep it on one page with continuous scroll. If no room then make the listings smaller, we only need small picture and line of text, we know what they are we put them in the wish list

Quick Reply