View Poll Results: Will HobbyKing.com be around in 12 months?
Yes.. i still order from them 16 50.00%
No, don't think so...i rarely order from them 10 31.25%
Don't know and couldn't give a rats a$$. 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Nov 08, 2019, 05:06 PM
Damn that dog can fly.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_CS
Reviews are subject to moderation and approval. Any review (positive or negative) that is constructive and useful/helpful will be approved. I see no reviews under your name that are pending at this time... if you use a different name/account you can feel free to PM me and I'll look into your reviews.
What about the 'upload videos' tab? I tried to upload videos, but they never come up.

PS, any idea when you will get spare parts back into stock in the EU/UK for the bushmule? - I've been wanting to buy a spare nose cone for longer than I can remember. (and a spare fuselage for a 'creation' my daughter wants me to make)....

Avios BushMule (4 min 20 sec)
Last edited by JPJI; Nov 08, 2019 at 05:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2019, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJI
What about the 'upload videos' tab? I tried to upload videos, but they never come up.

PS, any idea when you will get spare parts back into stock in the EU/UK for the bushmule? - I've been wanting to buy a spare nose cone for longer than I can remember. (and a spare fuselage for a 'creation' my daughter wants me to make)....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09DBU8j2tM
It's the same for videos, they are moderated but I don't have purview over those. As long as they abide by typical rules they should be approved. I can look further into it if desired, just PM me.

As to BushMule parts... I don't want to say "soon" but I believe that is the case. I don't have any real ETA at this time. The model is not discontinued so we should see parts available at some point. Sorry I can't be more informative. We humbly ask for everyone to be patient as we progress through this tumultuous time and we'll all come out of it better in the end.
Nov 09, 2019, 08:52 AM
Quote:
We humbly ask for everyone to be patient as we progress through this tumultuous time and we'll all come out of it better in the end.
Thanks for your reply. I am waiting patiently for several things to come back into stock, and sincerely hope things turn around soon. I would however be willing to pre-order many of the lower value items/parts I am waiting for (apart from selfish reason of guaranteeing I get them when they get back into stock, it would also help with cash-flow). I just wonder how many other people would also be wiling to pre-order parts for it to make a difference?
Nov 09, 2019, 10:37 AM
OK, there is some confirmation that things are amiss, but that it's a phase, and not "bye bye", which of course was exaggerated.

I have been starting to wonder about things myself though - as quite a bit is out of stock, and I am noticing an upward pricing tendency(part of which is the increase in order size for free shipping, and well frankly a kind of lameness of recent sales...) Still, I made an order for about €100 yesterday... Still my #1 go-to source for RC stuff. Hope it stays that way and they get their issues sorted out....
Nov 09, 2019, 06:20 PM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Reviews are subject to moderation and approval. Any review (positive or negative) that is constructive and useful/helpful will be approved. I see no reviews under your name that are pending at this time... if you use a different name/account you can feel free to PM me and I'll look into your reviews.
Hi,
I know not all reviews are published.
Anyway, I do not understand that HK sends me an email for reviewing my purchases (which I did already review and most/all (?) of those reviews have not been published); and then I do those reviews again (few days ago), and again nothing's published.

Why do you know my name? Ok, my nickname I used for the last reviews is similar to my forums-nick here (only in English, not in German).

I do not insist that HK publishes my reviews... of course not.
And what will you write, if you buy 20 packs of hardware... probably always the same. Or Tamiya paints, ...

Walter
Nov 11, 2019, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I think I'm done with HK. Shipping is gone through the roof expensive. A few servos, props, a handful of tools and they want $40 which is 2/3 the cost of the order; providing Fedex and UPS as the only options, there should a cheaper option. When I asked for one, they told me to add more stuff to my order. I've also had to file several claims in the last year because of bad batteries, FPV goggles and a crappy micro quad. And they never seem to have stock on the stuff that I need.
Nov 12, 2019, 09:01 PM
rc user
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Scott
Hobby king is not what it once was .....yeah they changed the RC world with inexpensive lipos then the FPV craze ...
But there is way more competition now...MyRCMart....Banggood....RCTimer...FPVmodel.. .HiModel....Airbot....BestGear...Aliexpress... just to name a few...

Now the website sucks....Stuart Warne and James B. are gone...no free shipping since the first screw up...Anthony Hand....are you still there?

Will HobbyKing.com be around in 12 months?
well to answer your question, yes.

but it's not the same company. heck i just noticed they are no longer in the vendor section.
Nov 19, 2019, 08:49 AM
Oxford Panic
The best thing to come out of HK was their iron-on covering but they are continually out of stock. There are cheap alternatives out there but having tried them, none of them are as good. Does any one know where else this covering is available or was it manufactured exclusively for HK.

A.
Nov 19, 2019, 09:24 AM
rc user
Servo selection is getting scary, hardly nothing compared to before. I fear this is the case with other categories too.
Nov 19, 2019, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyOne
The best thing to come out of HK was their iron-on covering but they are continually out of stock. There are cheap alternatives out there but having tried them, none of them are as good. Does any one know where else this covering is available or was it manufactured exclusively for HK.

A.
If you happen to find out, please let us all know!
I've got an 'alert me' on a variety of HK covering films....
Nov 19, 2019, 02:33 PM
the smell of nitro in the morn
Try looking up "Neucover" "Chinakote" value hobby might still carry it.
Nov 19, 2019, 02:38 PM
the smell of nitro in the morn
My HK story. Back when you could pick which warehouse to order from I would look in the east coast warehouse. I was placing an order for covering when I decided to check the West Coast warehouse. It was on sale in the west coast but not the east coast so I bought a dozen rolls shipping was the same price.
Nov 19, 2019, 06:06 PM
I "was" a long-time (Platinum) customer of HK and purchased many, many items from them over the years. Recently, I've struggled with the slow web-site, multiple warehouse options and the International Shipping Charges, etc... I typically spend way too much time fiddling with the cart and trying to find parts in the local US warehouses.

Earlier this month (Nov 8th), I decided to place an order, and (as usual) added a few extra items to my cart. I was checking every couple days, but my order sat in this "Manual Processing" mode for a week and a half, without any notification of what was happening. So today, I went on their chat service to see what was holding up the order... They said they needed personal info (SSN, DL, Passport, etc...) to "verify" my account and process the order. Ummm, ok, that is NOT going to happen! Please cancel my order... Good-Bye

Reasons I'm not going back:

1) The web site is very slow and has become frustrating to navigate
2) Bargains are often not available, or not "bargains" with high-shipping costs
3) International shipping... way too much $$$, compared to other International Vendors
4) No notification of an order that is not being processed
5) Requesting personal info that could be used to create a bank account in my name (really?!)

Sad... I used to brag about them for years!

Moving on....
Nov 19, 2019, 07:21 PM
rc user
Hobbyking launching their business-destroying new website is still mystifying to this day. and they apparently spent a lot of money doing it, only to lose way more in the aftermath.
and now they have no inventory. not sure if this is a result of a new business model or cashflow problem.

I'm torn on the matter, I miss the good deals and many buying choices, but in a way glad since it has helped me save quite a bit of money.
Nov 20, 2019, 12:45 AM
most exalted one
Some nuts wanted to place one order where things came from different warehouses. They couldn't organize their orders themselves. Hobby King decided that was important for some strange reason and now you have to check if they change the warehouse on you in mid order etc. It is a terrible system.

Quick Reply