View Poll Results: Will HobbyKing.com be around in 12 months?
Yes.. i still order from them 16 50.00%
No, don't think so...i rarely order from them 10 31.25%
Don't know and couldn't give a rats a$$. 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Jul 07, 2019, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob51165
I have been a loyal HK customer for about tens years now and place an order at least every 10 days, but just starting about one year ago I had started to receive faulty products on a basis of about every 1.5 months? has their quality gone down hill or is it just me?? They did though take care of all past issues up until this last one, I purchased some ultra thin T5046 dalprops and on a newer quad had them break twice under minimal stress, running on 2200kv 3s lipo's, they just break for no reason, have never had a in flight prop failure on anything until using these! well to make a long story short I submitted a claim today and it was rejected? and you can clearly see in the flight video's from the jello they broke in flight and not in a crash and the quad has never even been in a crash, up until the dalprops were installed and they were in balance? the last prop break caused the board to go out "fried it" while still in flight which you will see in the 2nd video. Audio is out of sync with video in 1st.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wFd0MgAnuc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MAVzpXZCA4
Sorry to see that. We'll correspond further about this in the support ticket system.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2019, 02:58 PM
Damn that dog can fly.....
Hobbyking probably have the largest range of products, kits, parts, accessories and tools - all at very competitive prices and just a tap of the keyboard away.
We should all be glad they are there!
Jul 15, 2019, 07:01 PM
the smell of nitro in the morn
Lots of people complain about HK products but I don't think that's the total picture of this thread. Problem is the site, it just doesn't work on some systems. And the search feature is more trouble than it's worth. It wasn't always this way. I have many orders over the last 7 years but not in the last year or since they changed the site format. It doesn't work on my tablet I blame my tablet so bought a new HP all in one pc it really works better on that but still searching and auto changing of where items ship from is a problem. I'm still in the hobby so I have found other sources for my needs just wish HK would rethink there site.
Last edited by matt123; Jul 22, 2019 at 06:36 AM.
Jul 17, 2019, 07:59 AM
Master
I avoid looking at the site and therefore am buying significantly less from Hobby King. I guess someone came up with the idea of making it funky. It's so funky that it's almost useless. I cannot use my brand new Smartphone or older tablet as all the whizzy graphics just defeat them. If I really want to look, I use my PC, but mostly I can't be bothered. An own goal in my opinion.

Chris P
Jul 20, 2019, 11:15 PM
I only use a PC.
I don't buy a lot from HK, but don't have any issues with them.
Only had a couple of problems in the past, but they handled those in a timely fashion.
The site works fine for me & they have stuff that can't be found anywhere else.
Durafly planes is a good example of that.

I'm thinking HK will be around for a long time.
Jul 21, 2019, 11:37 AM
Quadaholic
@Matt, the sight used to be fine years ago, it was fast, but some genius got the idea to update it, highered incompetent people to do that, then it was horribly slow for a few years, now its been "fixed" and its still horrible.

Get a laugh of this, my brother added 9 items to the cart yesterday totaling $120, at checkout shipping was $190, lol. Big fat DELETE.
Jul 23, 2019, 09:24 PM
I purchased a new surface pro laptop 3 months ago and gave HK a try on it back then. I couldn't log in and all the same problems with warehouse changing and slow removing stuff from cart.
then it wouldn't let me log in to even try a purchase.

Tonight I gave it another shot, don't use the laptop that often. Things went much better, I clicked USA warehouse only and items would show up anyway from global warehouse but global warehouse was in red for those items. I could actually place an order. I think a few months ago it didn't recognize my new laptop as I have done nothing different and logged in fine. I wonder if my new desk top will work on HK site now also, don't use it that much but it had the same problems my old tablet does on the site.
Good luck and hope it starts working again for everyone else.
Matt
Jul 24, 2019, 06:24 AM
Bleriot's R Us
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt123
I purchased a new surface pro laptop 3 months ago and gave HK a try on it back then. I couldn't log in and all the same problems with warehouse changing and slow removing stuff from cart.
then it wouldn't let me log in to even try a purchase.

Tonight I gave it another shot, don't use the laptop that often. Things went much better, I clicked USA warehouse only and items would show up anyway from global warehouse but global warehouse was in red for those items. I could actually place an order. I think a few months ago it didn't recognize my new laptop as I have done nothing different and logged in fine. I wonder if my new desk top will work on HK site now also, don't use it that much but it had the same problems my old tablet does on the site.
Good luck and hope it starts working again for everyone else.
Matt
Warehouse filter dosnt really work, if you get rid of say global, global items will still show, its very annoying as you think the item is in your warehouse and then when you click into it its only showing global.
Proper warehouse selection has never happened since the website downgrade a few years ago, we just live with it,
be nice even if they had user preferences, so you could set a default set of filters etc, but cant see that happening as the site seems to refresh all the time, why you have to keep logging back in.
I have continually change the location and currency flag to what i want each time, few tick boxes in user preferences would make this site much less frustrating.
Jul 24, 2019, 10:38 AM
SJ
SJ
Yes, the warehouse filter is so bad. I wish they just had a seperate webshop for every warehouse, then stuff would not get mixed up. But I guess they want to force you to try and see what is in the global warehouse for some reason, and thinking you will order more......That plan is a huge backfire !
Jul 25, 2019, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ
Yes, the warehouse filter is so bad. I wish they just had a seperate webshop for every warehouse, then stuff would not get mixed up. But I guess they want to force you to try and see what is in the global warehouse for some reason, and thinking you will order more......That plan is a huge backfire !
A few years ago you could pick East or West Coast warehouse, I could even find the West Coast having a sale on their China koat covering . It would be cheaper than the East Coast where I live and same over priced shipping as from the West Coast. I hope they make some changes to thier site cuz I'm not buying another computer for a long time lol.
Aug 16, 2019, 10:11 PM
After several months never touched HK sites, yesterday I just try to check my cart and estimate shipping.
Faster than 5 months ago, still slow when removing items from cart, it takes about 30-40 seconds to remove 1 item from my cart,
But, a lot of CHEAPER SHIPPING OPTIONS to my country, instead of UPS and FEDEX only 5 months ago, (post #109).
Still expensive compared to BG or any other online stores..
I think, I can buy something from HK again (if really needed)..
Last edited by ariaAQ; Aug 16, 2019 at 11:31 PM.

Quick Reply