View Poll Results: Will HobbyKing.com be around in 12 months?
Yes.. i still order from them 16 50.00%
No, don't think so...i rarely order from them 10 31.25%
Don't know and couldn't give a rats a$$. 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Nov 20, 2019, 01:51 AM
Suspended Account
I wonder if you guys in the US just have a different website or something. It works well enough for me, and I sometimes make orders with items in the EU, UK, and international warehouses all at once. No, you cannot have a bunch of things in your cart and only order from two out of three or whatever. But it’s hardly rocket science to use and it’s not that slow or in any way worse than other websites from what I can see. And I order from them a lot. Maybe it just takes a bit of getting used to. Like anything else.

ps Anybody got a discount code?..
Last edited by Herrsavage; Nov 20, 2019 at 02:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2019, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
I wonder if you guys in the US just have a different website or something. It works well enough for me, and I sometimes make orders with items in the EU, UK, and international warehouses all at once. No, you cannot have a bunch of things in your cart and only order from two out of three or whatever. But it’s hardly rocket science to use and it’s not that slow or in any way worse than other websites from what I can see. And I order from them a lot. Maybe it just takes a bit of getting used to. Like anything else.

Probably the same website design. It may just be that the EU site is located on a different (faster) server than the US site. The EU site is a bit slow, but still perfectly useable.
Nov 20, 2019, 07:44 AM
rc user
Quote:
i think this one still works:
FBCKYEDFN
Nov 20, 2019, 09:32 AM
Suspended Account
Thanks, but no dice. Think I used that one last time...
Nov 20, 2019, 10:16 AM
Oxford Panic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJI
If you happen to find out, please let us all know!
I've got an 'alert me' on a variety of HK covering films....
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt123
Try looking up "Neucover" "Chinakote" value hobby might still carry it.

I searched for Neucover Chinakote and very little came up, however searching for just Chinakote shows a link to Bangood...
https://www.banggood.com/buy/chinakote-covering.html

It looks like HK covering and it is in stock. Can any one confirm the this is in fact the same.

A.
Nov 20, 2019, 12:59 PM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJI
Probably the same website design. It may just be that the EU site is located on a different (faster) server than the US site. The EU site is a bit slow, but still perfectly useable.
For sure not.
I am in EU, and my internet is fast like hell (and on work even faster than hell ) - but the website is sooooooo slow, and most annoying is removing items from the basket.

Donno why some people say HK website is not slow.
Their internet cannot be faster than mine... and if - shouldn't a website also work with slow internet? What's with people on the countryside, those who have to use a cellphone-connection...

I am customer for more than 10 years now, Platinum since "ever", many houndreds of orders and thousand or more items bought... and in my experience the website is far slower than it was before they changed the design (and deleted all elder orders).

Walter
Nov 20, 2019, 01:00 PM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Thanks, but no dice. Think I used that one last time...
It works for me - 10% (FBCKYEDFN), now...

Walter
Nov 20, 2019, 01:07 PM
Suspended Account
I already used it. Have you?
Nov 20, 2019, 01:48 PM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
I already used it. Have you?
Ah, ok... guess not.
Did not know you'll be only able to use a code 1 time.
Last time I unfortunately used a 5% code

Good to know, thx!

Walter
Nov 20, 2019, 02:05 PM
the smell of nitro in the morn
https://www.valuehobby.com/catalogse...=73&q=Covering

Try this for covering.
Nov 20, 2019, 02:07 PM
rc user
impeccable timing, I've been sitting on stuff in my cart, finally checked out today and the code worked.

following up, placed another test order, didn't check out, but i was able to apply the same code again and got the discount.
don't understand why it's not working for you.
Nov 20, 2019, 02:09 PM
the smell of nitro in the morn
[QUOTE=AndyOne;43208707]I searched for Neucover Chinakote and very little came up, however searching for just Chinakote shows a link to Bangood...
https://www.banggood.com/buy/chinakote-covering.html

It looks like HK covering and it is in stock. Can any one confirm the this is in fact the same.

https://www.valuehobby.com/catalogse...=73&q=Covering

Try this it looks the same as HK just not as many choices! Says it's like ultra coat which sounds right.
Nov 20, 2019, 02:11 PM
Suspended Account
I may have used it more than once already...

Actually, I think sometimes with those codes, you can use them for a time period, which expires.
Nov 20, 2019, 05:24 PM
I really like the U.S. Hobby King guys, well at least the customer service manager, and want them to succeed because Banggood has ripped me off too many times. I mean literally ripped me off as in committing fraud by invoicing PayPal for more than the actual dollar amount of the order. A lot more. They also defraud customers by offering shipping insurance but declare $0 in the shipping value declaration. Not to mention their shipping monkeys can't properly prepare planes for shipment so they show up mangled.

Last plane I got from them was a Ranger 2000 shipped in the thin display box and a quarter of the box was smashed along with the wings. BG's solution was to offer me a $5 store credit. Seriously. A friend of mine just received what was left of a Mini Talon he ordered a few weeks ago. He said the box was almost ripped in half and the plane was destroyed. Another friend kept getting replacement MT wings that always showed up damaged. BG kept sending the replacements in plastic bags. I stopped ordering planes from them years ago because of this kind of stupidity.

But I fear Hobbyking is once again heading down that old path of ideology that profiting is more important than quality customer service. Recently their website has become indicative of a lack of professional IT management in that many items shown as available have actually been discontinued and are unavailable. Last week I got a restock email stating that the Quanum Headtracker was back in stock in the Global warehouse. I clicked on the Buy it Now button about 30 seconds after receiving the email. The item still showed as back-ordered and never changed status. I contacted customer service who told me that customers must have bought them all after they were restocked. Right.

And what's really annoying is their warehouse filter doesn't actually show what's available only from the warehouse selected. It still shows items from the International warehouse but adds a blurb under the picture that reads, "Available from Global Warehouse." If it isn't in my country's warehouse then I don't want to see it. That's what the filters are for.

But worse is the last few times I've contacted their International customer service they've been completely useless. For your amusement here's the latest conversation I had with them a few minutes ago -

Operator Dianne has joined the chat.
Dianne
Hello Jeff, Thank you for contacting us! This is Dianne assisting you. How may I help you?

02:17 PM
Jeff
I'm trying to order some horizontal stabilizers but the weight is wrong so the shipping is way off. Should be a few dollars but came up at $64. Pioneer 1020mm - Replacement Horizontal Stabilizer SKU: 041000092

02:18 PM
Dianne
One moment please

02:19 PM
It seems like the shipping cost was high due to the items dimension. Please note that the shipping options available during order checkout is automatically generated by our system. It is determined by the order weight and dimensions, the destination country's import regulations, available shipping companies, and other necessary considerations. Unfortunately, we are unable to manually change or check this.

02:22 PM
Jeff
The item is about 8" wide and made of foam. The weight in the item description is incorrect. It weighs about 9g, not 900g as shown in the item description. 900g is about 2lbs. 9g is about .3 ounces.

02:26 PM
Shipping cost on that item should be about $3.

02:26 PM
Dianne
I am sorry but as much as I wanted to change or check on the shipping option, we cannot as it was system generated and the said shipping cost was set by the courier which we do not have any control of

02:28 PM
Is there anything else I may help you with?
Nov 20, 2019, 07:19 PM
Vienna calling...
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by XionUAV

And what's really annoying is their warehouse filter doesn't actually show what's available only from the warehouse selected. It still shows items from the International warehouse but adds a blurb under the picture that reads, "Available from Global Warehouse." If it isn't in my country's warehouse then I don't want to see it. That's what the filters are for.
it works.
After a long time I recently descovered how this works:
You will have to mark the "in stock" box on the left side additionally, then the items with "in stock in int. warehouse" and "in stock in UK warehouse" (for me, if I chose EU warehouse) do not show up anymore.

Walter

Quick Reply