Dec 30, 2017, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I think that should work. You would still have to enable a port for serial rx though, and change receiver settings, to match ibus protocol.
Thanks.

We are talking about this connector on the FC ? See attached picture, I circled the connector in blue, next to boot button
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2017, 04:09 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
That's the one. RX1 and RX2 are generally multi purpose, this one seems like specifically intended for connecting a receiver.
Dec 30, 2017, 04:13 PM
you are a star (I guess I did not tell you this enough ) ! Will work on my modded cable and then have a try. And noted that I will need to open serial port and change protocol to iBUS via betaflight once done, cheers.
Dec 30, 2017, 04:22 PM
Ho and for the phase 2, I have no clue how to put my X6B in the drone, it is a bit too big to fit in, I'm wondering what people have done...I guess there are some ways to add screw spacers but would need to increase the height of the upper plate. Another issue is that the stock screws for the rack FC/PDB/VTX are too big for the hole of the X6B, I will need to enlarge the hole with a drill I guess, not really happy about doing such an operation, could easily killed the RX..

I could fix it on the top plate somehow but maybe not the best place as not protected...
Dec 30, 2017, 04:50 PM
Buy bigger standoff’s and it’ll fit
Dec 30, 2017, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukalele94
Buy bigger standoff’s and it’ll fit
Not too sure what you call standoff's, can you send me a link to buy some ? thanks very much (not US links if possible, we get taxed badly in hte UK for any import from US)

Edit : newb inside
Dec 30, 2017, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barthelemy
you are a star (I guess I did not tell you this enough ) ! Will work on my modded cable and then have a try. And noted that I will need to open serial port and change protocol to iBUS via betaflight once done, cheers.
Thanks for the praise, but I think I only deserve it when it does indeed work as intended, after following these instructions. I'm pretty sure it will, but not 100% sure yet.

Quote:
Ho and for the phase 2, I have no clue how to put my X6B in the drone, it is a bit too big to fit in, I'm wondering what people have done...I guess there are some ways to add screw spacers but would need to increase the height of the upper plate. Another issue is that the stock screws for the rack FC/PDB/VTX are too big for the hole of the X6B, I will need to enlarge the hole with a drill I guess, not really happy about doing such an operation, could easily killed the RX..

I could fix it on the top plate somehow but maybe not the best place as not protected...

That is one of the reasons I stick to FrSky now. Their receivers are so tiny, FlySky just doesn't have anything with the same range in that size class. You can just "wiggle" an XM or XM+ between two board in the stack, but the X6B is too big for that.
Dec 30, 2017, 05:35 PM
What kind of action cam mount are you guys using? I got the furibee on the gearbest sale and want to try to mount it on this.
Dec 30, 2017, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Thanks for the praise, but I think I only deserve it when it does indeed work as intended, after following these instructions. I'm pretty sure it will, but not 100% sure yet.

That is one of the reasons I stick to FrSky now. Their receivers are so tiny, FlySky just doesn't have anything with the same range in that size class. You can just "wiggle" an XM or XM+ between two board in the stack, but the X6B is too big for that.
Lets see for the praise will let you know

The issue with the FrSKY is the price of Transmitters, for beginner people, it counts these difference of price between Flysky and FrSKy honestly.

I just tried and it would fit under the VTX, not screwed,just blocked by the scewed VTX, Maybe the heat of the VTX will be an issue as it is just under the VTX dissipator

Would you have any links where i can buy these plastic scew spacers ? See attached photo, screw spacers circled in blue
Dec 30, 2017, 07:11 PM
Quote:

The issue with the FrSKY is the price of Transmitters, for beginner people, it counts these difference of price between Flysky and FrSKy honestly.

I just tried and it would fit under the VTX, not screwed,just blocked by the scewed VTX, Maybe the heat of the VTX will be an issue as it is just under the VTX dissipator

Would you have any links where i can buy these plastic scew spacers ? See attached photo, screw spacers circled in blue
Check banggood eu warehouse or gearbest eu warehouse as for other standoff’s Suleve™ M3AR5 10Pcs M3 30mm Knurled Standoff Aluminum Alloy Multicolor https://banggood.app.link/bstpJH3ljJ these are 30mm instead of the stock 25mm giving extra space in the stack the quad will be slightly taller though
Dec 30, 2017, 07:41 PM
Quote:

I tried to root for FrSky making something similar to the FS-i6 as competition for FlySky, but some FrSky fanboys sniped that idea when I started a topic about it, because it would make FrSky look like a cheap brand, so they should stay away from the market below 100usd. I think it's a missed opportunity, if FrSky would be available at a lower threshold, and even get included with RTF kits, along with this suggested entry level FrSky transmitter, it would give many people the opportunity to start with that protocol instead, and be able to use a much better selection of receivers and BnF models, without having to invest a lot of money later on, when switching to a Taranis.
Dec 30, 2017, 10:55 PM
i just received one of these today but I do not have a manual. VTX , PDB , FC , and camera are not connected. Every thing looks simple plug and go configuration but I am not sure. Is there a link to an instruction PDF or something I can use to get this quad together?
Dec 31, 2017, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukalele94
Check banggood eu warehouse or gearbest eu warehouse as for other standoff’s Suleve™ M3AR5 10Pcs M3 30mm Knurled Standoff Aluminum Alloy Multicolor https://banggood.app.link/bstpJH3ljJ these are 30mm instead of the stock 25mm giving extra space in the stack the quad will be slightly taller though

Thanks very much, I ordered Standoff in aluminium, also some Nylon screew and spacers and some Carbon steel screw, I think I should be all right now

The on;ly issue with the higher top plate with these 30 mm standoff is the fame for the camera which won't be stuck anymore between bottom and top plate as height will increase, will look into another solution for the cam
Dec 31, 2017, 09:37 AM
I think FrSKY knocked it out of the park with the QX7. $100 is totally acceptable for what you get. That IS a great entry level price IMHO, and I am prepared to argue at length that I am the cheapest person on this forum…

Seriously, just get a QX7.
Dec 31, 2017, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
I think FrSKY knocked it out of the park with the QX7. $100 is totally acceptable for what you get. That IS a great entry level price IMHO, and I am prepared to argue at length that I am the cheapest person on this forum…

Seriously, just get a QX7.

The QX7 is a nice package, agreed. But for RTF it's still way too expensive, the radio would cost more than the drone. Also, the Fs-i6 is more compact, more rugged with it's dual internal antenna, instead of a swivel antenna that can break. And it's light, since it runs for ages on just 4 AA cells, instead of the 6 that the X7 needs. That is the kind of radio to take along easily, and include with lower budget RTF stuff. Then people who want to move up, find out there isn't that much available for FlySky, and some BnF even only coming with FrSky, so they have to get another transmitter.

With a cheaper FrSky transmitter, maybe without speaker, no advanced features as LUA, but just the protocol, at least 2 switches, and good range and gimbals, would be a far better start into the hobby. And when moving up to a QX7 or X9D, they won't have to get new receivers for all their stuff, just bind the quads to the new transmitter, and ready.

Quick Reply