Aug 29, 2017, 09:26 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Programming esc Seaking 90amp

Anyone in the OC ca that can help me I can bring my controller and my boat to you thanks
to remove ads between posts
Aug 30, 2017, 12:40 AM
aka MicroModDude
You try a program card?

Hobbywing program card for SeaKing Boat ESC's
https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...-seaking-pcard

Aug 30, 2017, 12:59 AM
Thread OP
No I haven't ,...is this what I'm going to need to solve my problem because I get a series of beeps when I plug in the batteries. Also I thought you could could program from your transmitter ?
Aug 30, 2017, 01:06 AM
Fast electric boats maybe
Quote:
Originally Posted by HALO3
No I haven't ,...is this what I'm going to need to solve my problem because I get a series of beeps when I plug in the batteries. Also I thought you could could program from your transmitter ?
You can but its confusing counting all the beeps
Aug 30, 2017, 01:09 AM
Just Plane Nutts
You can. I've never used a card, and fortunately the SeaKing and Turnigy Marine ESCs are the easiest.

Here's the manual. Programming instructions begin on page 2 in the lower left of the page: SeaKing 90A manual with programming instructions: http://ibuyrc.com/manual/07E-C-SEAKING.pdf

You turn on the transmitter and hold full throttle, then continue to hold throttle while plugging in the boat battery. The ESC will go into programming mode and you can then release the throttle back to the neutral, middle position.

At this point the ESC will play a brief melody followed by groups of one to four low-pitch beeps, then loop around to do it again over and over. Each set of beeps represents one of four programming options as shown in the manual (cell count, timing, etc..). When you hear the sequence of beeps representing the option you wish to alter, push the trigger forward towards the reverse/brake position for a moment to select it and then release the trigger back to the neutral position.

After selecting an option, you will hear a repeating series of higher-pitched tones representing the selections for each option. The tones will either be 1 to 4 beeps, a single, longer and lower pitched beep, or a long beep combined with one or more short beeps. Again, look at the manual to identify the combination of tones/beeps that represents the parameter you wish to set.

When you hear the correct sequence of tones for the parameter you wish to set, momentarily squeeze the trigger to the full throttle position and then release it back to neutral. The ESC will make a unique sound and then drop back into the selection mode again for the 4 main options.

Repeat the process to set all four options correctly fr your set-up (reverse/no reverse, cell count, LVC cut-off voltage and motor timing). When finished, unplug the boat battery to end the programming session. Turn off the TX last after unplugging the boat for safety reasons.

Here's a clip of me programming a similar 60A Turnigy using the same codes. This is just an example of the programming process and is not intended to replace the instruction manual.: https://youtu.be/lsi4z2Cms28?t=0s
Last edited by AirDOGGe; Aug 30, 2017 at 01:37 AM.
Aug 30, 2017, 01:36 AM
Thread OP
Yes I tried so many times to follow those steps but I get beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep
Aug 30, 2017, 01:36 AM
Thread OP
All I want to do is get my boat on the water 😬
Aug 30, 2017, 01:37 AM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
Yes I tried so many times to follow those steps but I get beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep

Try reversing the throttle on the transmitter. Make sure the TX is bound to the RX and that the pack is fully charged too.

Note that the manual has a troubleshooting section at the end for identifying the beep pattern you hear.
Last edited by AirDOGGe; Aug 30, 2017 at 12:35 PM.
Aug 30, 2017, 01:55 AM
Thread OP
I put the throttle channel on the remote on reverse held the throttle at fill while turning on the remote plug in the batteries went into program mode on the ESC and my remote doesn't connect when I push the full brake and try to go into each of the parameters
Aug 30, 2017, 02:35 AM
Thread OP
Ok I finally got it I had to turn the knob on throttle trim back and forth until" just right "while pushing the trigger brake to go to parameters also doing the same when choosing the setting .the forward only and 6 cell count which are the only two parameters I could only adjust. So I left the other two alone (default). Everything works thanks Airdogge
Aug 30, 2017, 04:39 AM
you should still buy a program card so you can set all settings correctly. the good thing about the HobbyKing card is you can use it on more than just one esc size of the same brand.
Aug 30, 2017, 02:32 PM
aka MicroModDude
Where you plan on running your boat in the OC? I like to run Saturday or Sunday afternoons st Tri-City Park in Placentia that has a very nice lake.
Aug 30, 2017, 07:34 PM
Thread OP
yeah thats a great spot
Aug 30, 2017, 07:43 PM
Thread OP
microhelidude do you have a small bolt, because I do,maybe we can race ?
Aug 30, 2017, 07:54 PM
aka MicroModDude
Quote:
microhelidude do you have a small bolt, because I do,maybe we can race ?
Don't have one yet. Its on my list of to do's. Just have a few small and mid size boats I run like the FT011, FT012, and a couple others.

Quick Reply