Thread OP
Fly-In

Horizon RC Fest Sept 1-3, 2017 Dayton OH

Anyone going?

https://www.horizonhobby.com/content...render-rc-fest
to remove ads between posts
Sep 04, 2017, 05:07 PM
Fly Different
I was there, but it was rather disappointing overall. There was a great degree of dishonesty with the advertising for the event.
A good amount of stuff that was promised wasn't even going to be set up there.

They claimed to have registration open for AMA members, as well as open flying for them. The pilot registration was free, but I'm led to believe that the open fly was a bit of a ploy to draw people into the event.

I completed my registration, and was told by the event staff that the flight line was open. I was also told that I could launch anywhere, as long as it was ahead of the snow fence that they usually have set up at these events. Interestingly, I even waited for them to officially announce that the flight line was open for everyone, just to be safe.

So I launch one of my models... Within a minute or two, the head of the event pays me a visit and grounds me, in front of a large number of spectators. Needless to say, he made a large number of people angry. It left me feeling quite confused about the whole situation as well.

Normally, I don't show negativity, but I tend to cross that line when false advertising and/or hostility is involved. Regardless, I wouldn't recommend this as an event I'd be supporting.

Apologies ahead of time... It's just a heads up for future occurrences of DOGS/Horizon RC Fest.

Quick Reply