Dec 01, 2019, 11:57 AM
I have been using one of these for a while now and I like everything about it with only one gripe. Why does she have to announce the completion of any process SO many times. Very minor annoyance at the track or flying field but much more annoying at home. I think 1 announcement would be enough after the success tone.

I do recognize that if this is my biggest gripe then it must be a pretty good charger. Other than causing one NiMH pack to get REALLY hot while charging, its been flawless. I don't run nickel packs much anyway and never figured out what went wrong. And the pack did survive.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2019, 08:29 PM
I love this charger but i wish you could program in the 1-10 memory like the lipo's. you have to go to the Ni-Mh and do it again,but other wise awesome and she talks...
Jan 06, 2020, 11:37 AM

Fan

Is anyone having trouble with the fan Speed pulsating. Mine started this morning speeding up and slowing down, then to a gradual stop.
Jan 06, 2020, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartlandaccents
Is anyone having trouble with the fan Speed pulsating. Mine started this morning speeding up and slowing down, then to a gradual stop.
No, but I had that problem with my old RDX1 that I used to use for charging. It failed, but only after being plugged in and charging in 100+ degree heat at the field this past summer, which I think was the reason for its demise.
Jan 06, 2020, 05:58 PM
Mine continues to work but is pretty noisey as it starts up. Then it settles down after 20-30 seconds.
Jan 06, 2020, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly5150
Mine continues to work but is pretty noisey as it starts up. Then it settles down after 20-30 seconds.
All cooling fans will wear out in time... ALL of them.

If the unit is beyond warranty, I would seriously consider opening the case to figure out what size and voltage the fan is and just replace it with a high quality fan (I always go with Noctua when given a choice).
Jan 23, 2020, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorhd2005
Hi ,I have this charger,keep getting dc in to low,does anyone ever get that error message when using dc power,very frustrating because never happened before, plug right in to my car battery,I didnít change anything,any help would be appreciated,thanks
Tell us what voltage and AMPS you are attempting when getting this error message.

"DC IN Too Low" might mean the available input wattage is not sufficient to support the voltage and amperage you are calling for. Notice the DC input voltage range is up to 18V DC. The charger will provide maximum power for charging when you feed it maximum voltage in. Specifications do not list the maximum current INPUT on DC, but there is a limit. I would guess that the "200 watts" of charging is only available when supplied with 18 volts DC.

Are you connecting it to the car battery under the hood of your car? This practice is NOT RECOMMENDED. Definitely don't use a cigarette plug in the car. (The plug will get too HOT.)

The alligator clips on the included DC power cord don't seemed big enough to clamp onto car battery terminals; seems Hitec is trying to steer you AWAY from this idea.

Let's hear from anyone who can charge at 200 watts when running on a sagging car battery showing only 12.1 volts.
Jan 23, 2020, 06:25 AM
I have charged at very close to 200W-total on a marine (not deep cycle) Interstate. But its a pretty fresh battery and had been on a tender since it was pulled from my boat. Its pretty certain that sagging is not a word that can be used to describe this battery.

I can't offer the exactly number but it was close enough for me to assume that I was consuming 200W from the battery and the under 200 output could be blamed on less than 100% efficiency within the charger..

Maybe I can try again with a wattmeter between the source battery and the charger.
Jan 23, 2020, 07:28 AM

Hitec X2 Plus Black, Charge Capacity, Noise Level, Mute Voice Prompts

Quote:
I have charged at very close to 200W-total on a marine (not deep cycle) Interstate. But its a pretty fresh battery and had been on a tender since it was pulled from my boat. Its pretty certain that sagging is not a word that can be used to describe this battery.

I can't offer the exactly number but it was close enough for me to assume that I was consuming 200W from the battery and the under 200 output could be blamed on less than 100% efficiency within the charger..

Maybe I can try again with a wattmeter between the source battery and the charger.
No need to pull out the what meter, just describe the LOAD attached to the charger. You were using both channels right? Can you tell us the measured voltages and currents displayed during the charge, for both channels?

I don't own this charger yet, but am considering the Hitec, or maybe Venom Duo Pro. I'm trying to learn about a noise level comparison between the two chargers.

Is this your first Hitec charger, and how long have you owned the X2 AC Plus Black Edition?

Do you know how to keep the key-press beeps and charge-complete signals active, while also Muting the Voice Prompts? (The voice is annoying!)

Thanks.
Jan 23, 2020, 06:55 PM
Flying every chance I get!

Galaxy S10 Stopped Working With It

I just tried to do some battery maintenance using my Galaxy S10+ and the Hitec software said it was no longer compatible with the current version of Android I am using. It still opened, but would not connect to my charger. I grabbed my wife's S8+ and it worked fine. I'm pretty sure I have an old android device around here somewhere I can just use to track my batteries while they charge.
Jan 23, 2020, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFoot25
No need to pull out the what meter, just describe the LOAD attached to the charger. You were using both channels right? Can you tell us the measured voltages and currents displayed during the charge, for both channels?

I don't own this charger yet, but am considering the Hitec, or maybe Venom Duo Pro. I'm trying to learn about a noise level comparison between the two chargers.

Is this your first Hitec charger, and how long have you owned the X2 AC Plus Black Edition?

Do you know how to keep the key-press beeps and charge-complete signals active, while also Muting the Voice Prompts? (The voice is annoying!)

Thanks.
I can't give you the exact V and A numbers because I can't remember them but when I multiplied the voltages (4S on one side and 5S on the other) times those amps, both channels were in the very high 90s

The fan is a bit louder than i would like for indoor charging, even after the initial startup noise settles down, I think mine is in need of a new fan.

This is my first Hitec charger but I can't say how long I have owned it. But my gut says that its at least 4 yrs old. I have been completely satisfied with it so far.

I have not found a way to keep the beeps and drop the voice. And I agree that the voice get old quick. Thats my only gripe. I would like to be able to graph all cell voltages while using the PC software but thats not a huge deal.
Jan 24, 2020, 05:15 PM
Just set them up again:
CH1 - 6.1A @ 16.34V - Requested charge rate was 6.7A
CH2 - 4.9A @ 20.27V - Reguested charge rate was 5.5A

Source battery was at 12.7 and dropped to 12.0 while charging. I didn't check the input current.
Jan 26, 2020, 06:33 AM

Hitec X2 AC DC Plus Black, Charging at 200 Watts

Quote:
Just set them up again:
CH1 - 6.1A @ 16.34V - Requested charge rate was 6.7A
CH2 - 4.9A @ 20.27V - Reguested charge rate was 5.5A

Source battery was at 12.7 and dropped to 12.0 while charging. I didn't check the input current.
6.1*16.34=99.7 and 4.9*20.27=99, so it looks like your charger was pumping 99 watts on each channel.

Thank you for taking the time to check your numbers.

Quick Reply