Hacker Model Bergfalke 2-Meter Sailplane ARF - RC Groups

Hacker Model Bergfalke 2-Meter Sailplane ARF

The Hacker Model Bergfalke has a unique forward swept wing and bulbous cockpit. It's a well recognized German glider, and has now been modeled by Hacker in EPP. Let's take a look!

The Hacker Model Bergfalke 2-Meter Sailplane ARF

An Iconic German Glider Modeled in EPP

Hacker Model has just introduced a new glider that's the perfect candidate for slope soaring or aerotowing. The Hacker Model Bergfalke Sailplane ARF sports a 78.7" wingspan and is setup with large ailerons, rudder, and elevator. The weight of the Bergfalke is around 875g, and construction is EPP and lite plywood. The Hacker Model Bergfalke will retail for $149.99, and is scheduled for availability from Tower Hobbies in late September.

CLICK HERE for more information.

Hacker Model Bergfalke 2-Meter Sailplane ARF 78.74" (1 min 18 sec)

Aug 29, 2017, 05:59 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
HACKER?
isnt that a RC motor company? They now sell a airplane that needs No "motor"?

hehehehehehe
Aug 29, 2017, 06:15 PM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
HACKER?

hehehehehehe
I don't think Hacker Motor USA and Hacker Model are the same. Different logos, different products. I could be wrong but I only think they share the name.
Aug 29, 2017, 06:40 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
I don't think Hacker Motor USA and Hacker Model are the same. Different logos, different products. I could be wrong but I only think they share the name.
LOL....i didn't know that.
I advise one of them to change their names...
Aug 29, 2017, 07:21 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
HACKER?

hehehehehehe
This isn't that Hacker. Different company.

However Hacker Motor does sell a rebrand of the TechOne DLG-1000, which has no motor ;-)
Aug 29, 2017, 08:49 PM
Lou
Lou
Closed Account
Quote:
HACKER?

hehehehehehe
Hacker Motors does indeed sell planes and have for sometime.

https://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/RC...&a=catalog&p=9

HackerMotorsUSA is the U.S. distributor for Hacker Motors GmbH.

The Hacker that makes the plane for this thread I do not think is the same Hacker as the German Hacker Motors GmbH and appears to be a Towers brand. In all likely hood it is produced by Hacker Motors but that is only a guess on my part.
Aug 30, 2017, 12:19 AM
looks to fly nice in light lift... this could be fun
Sep 02, 2017, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou
The Hacker that makes the plane for this thread I do not think is the same Hacker as the German Hacker Motors GmbH and appears to be a Towers brand. In all likely hood it is produced by Hacker Motors but that is only a guess on my part.
Motors: Hacker Motor GmbH, Ergolding, Germany

EPP Models: Hacker Model Production a.s. , Řevničov, Czech Republic

In both cases "Hacker" is the name of the company founder / owner.
Sep 02, 2017, 07:26 AM
Lou
Lou
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConEx
Motors: Hacker Motor GmbH, Ergolding, Germany

EPP Models: Hacker Model Production a.s. , Řevničov, Czech Republic

In both cases "Hacker" is the name of the company founder / owner.
Ah good to know...so the plane is a Hacker product. Very nice, these are good planes.
Sep 02, 2017, 11:59 PM
Hacker Model (of Czech Republic) is one of the few companies that make ARF gliders to withstand the abuse on the slope. Their Vagabond family of gliders have been quite popular. Just assemble it, throw it over the cliff, and fly it like it were not your own plane!
Sep 04, 2017, 04:52 PM
King of Crash

Tow Release

No manual in PDF yet at Tower. Does anyone know if this is a sloap plane only or does it have a tow release or hi-start?

Archie
Sep 04, 2017, 08:47 PM
I hope it has a tow release system. Hoping to tow this bird up with my Timber. We'll have to wait and see at the end of September
Sep 04, 2017, 09:08 PM
The manual is available from Hacker Model's own web site, under the tab "Technical Data, Reviews, Links":
http://www.zoomport.eu/shop/RC-Kits-...100000492.aspx
http://www.zoomport.eu/shop/RC-Kits-...100000485.aspx

If you click at the tab "Need To Complete", you will see RC Tow hook listed as an optional part. Don't know if Tower Hobbies will carry it.
Oct 06, 2017, 09:55 AM
rigibahn
Hi folks,
I'm looking at this Hacker Bergfalke for a while, it is definitive my style of glider and would fit nicely in my line of gliders. I like this old school European gliders like the Moa, Ka8 and the Pilatus B4. No rule without exceptions, there are also some US made gliders i like, the hall Cherokee is one i have in my collection.

Looking at the Tower Hobby web page they list it as ARF. For example they described the wing as " Wing: One-piece" which is most probably not correct. If you look at the Hacker web page it looks like some work needs to be done to get this bird in the air. In the Hacker manual there are quite a few assembly steps and lots of gluing needed to get it together. However this glider gets great reviews in German forums and i do not mind this kind of work for a glider that i really like. Just maiden another glider and there is another one ready to get in the air but after that i will definitive buy this Bergfalke.
Oct 06, 2017, 10:08 AM
Looking forward to this one, it will be perfect for many of the slopes around here.

Really hoping this is the first in a "series".