Sep 06, 2017, 10:53 AM
32.4316 N, 80.6698 W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_my_life
Thanks guys...

Yup, It's 1460g with a 3000mah Lipo. Reckon it could be lighter, but for a machine this size and not for competition, it's fine.

By the way.... if you want photos of any other parts give me a shout.
Thanks for the information
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2017, 10:09 AM
I recently completed the assembly of my Marabu and have flown it a couple of times. I located the CG in the middle of the suggested range and am quite satisfied with the way the plane handles. The only modification made during assembly was to substitute a larger diameter carbon fiber tube for the elevator pushrod. I used a CF arrow shaft that was purchased at a trade show.
Last edited by Bob J; Sep 09, 2017 at 07:52 AM.
Sep 07, 2017, 03:08 PM
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_my_life
Thanks guys...

By the way.... if you want photos of any other parts give me a shout.
I'd appreciate to see more pics.

I'm thinking about buying a Marabu as my first real glider. I started with the hobby a year ago witth my son and we have a bunch of foamies. My favorites are the Easyglider 4 and a Funcub as well as the 2m FMS Beaver.
Do you think we can handle a real bird like the Marabu?

Thanks
Peter
Sep 08, 2017, 03:01 AM
Thread OP
PeterandAlex, I'll get some more photo's taken and post them presently.

Since you've flown the Easyglider 4 you've had a taste of soaring in a basic form (In my opinion) ... I was flying a Nebula 2000E, which was an older machine from Ripmax. This didn't have ailerons. However I've a few slope models that do... The Marabu is a "proper" sailplane.. not too large... I would say it is easy to handle with care. Not sure what Radio you're using, but to get the best out of her you'll need 7 channels (inc Motor). I've been building/flying for 40+ years and I've just learnt a whole lot more from this one model and Flight Modes! So give it a go... It'll teach you loads... the model doesn't seem to have vices, and help is at the end of your fingertips!
Sep 08, 2017, 05:57 AM
Vienna, Austria
Thank you Its_my_life!
My Radio is a Spektrum DX9. I made flaps for one of my Easygliders and programmed butterfly and spoilerons for fun and because I have a very limited landing area. Works great. Still I have to learn a lot about flight modes. Up to now I use programmed switches, sliders and a lot of mixing but still don't understand flight modes completely.
I'm fine with ailerons but I'm working to integrate rudder.
Last year I lost 2 planes that were eaten by trees. We didn't crash too much. Crashing and repairing a foamy is something I can take but crashing a beauty like the Marabu would cost me tears! :-)

Thanks for taking time and sending pics!
Peter
Sep 11, 2017, 08:19 AM
Vienna, Austria
Great! Thank you!
Peter
Sep 11, 2017, 02:09 PM
Excellent pictures thank you.
Nov 01, 2017, 12:26 PM
Thanks for all these things very useful ! I will have mine in a few weeks and searching on the net helps to build the Marabu nothing found in France internet ! So I'm very happy to read all your (conseils) sorry I don't know the word in english.
I found very interesting your cradle/tray to hold the battery and the mpx connectors too
Thanks
Didier from France . Bons vols tous
Nov 02, 2017, 04:28 PM
I have the vtail which seems to be quite alot lighter ,wings are 17 oz fuse is 16.5 and I use a 4.6 oz 1500 3s ,battery for 37.00 oz total I double checked this because it seemed very light,have had about 15 flights on her pretty amazing, great bird for the price
Nov 07, 2017, 09:03 AM
Thread OP
Hey Parkham.... that does seem very light... they do spec it on paper at 150g lighter than the normal tail... but yours is a bit extreme... however enjoy. (37ozs...= 1049g)
Nov 07, 2017, 09:19 AM
That 150g is all in the tail thats about 375g[13oz] in the nose to balance it so thats works out
Jan 05, 2018, 12:47 PM
Hi Its_My_Life

Im so stoked that I found your post, iv just ordered my Marabu in all white with red wingtips
Do you have any videos of your beauty flying and how is she holding up?

regards,

Blair H
Jan 08, 2018, 08:10 AM
Thread OP
Hi Blairhalk,

No Videos I'm afraid..... usual case of getting somebody capable on the end of camera. Maybe in the summer? Sadly in the UK the weather at the mo is not conducive to thermal soaring (In laymans terms: Crap!) ... But what I did do in Autumn was to ring her out and get used to different Modes, so hopefully come the warmer weather I'll be just about ready to hunt!
Jan 09, 2018, 12:04 AM
Not to worry. But the next time you take her out, try get some footage. What types of modes do you have setup and which RX are you using.. im thinking of going with a RX that has a built in stabalizer.

Quick Reply