Aug 28, 2017, 05:09 PM
Beware Of The Shills !!!
Thread OP
Discussion

What Plane Did You REALLY Wish You had But Never Did

If we had unlimited funds I'm sure we'd buy all of them But there must be some that you REALLY wish you'd had but didn't for whatever reason at the time ....... most likely because you'd bought too may others and the Mrs spotted a couple of the new ones arriving

Ironically the one that sticks in my mind the most, thinking it was discontinued I googled the other day and there are a few available although I get the impression this will be the last batch and that's the Seb Art 30e Katana ... but even more expensive now ... but this was the one I really wanted and never had.

Others that could join the pack were a really good looking FW 190 ... I think it was the ST Models one I liked the look of most and another was the Flinton Mini Edge or Extra but was put off it because they regularly seemed to get criticised for build quality and one I really siwh I#d had any maybe should of bought instead of some others at the time was the E-Flite Mini Pulse which just seemed like a really nice flyer.

What did you wish you had and didn't push the button on???
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2017, 06:06 PM
Well I really like the Sebart planes. Last year I did have the opportunity to buy the Sebart Sbach 342 50E that was fully assembled motor, esc, servos, batteries everything but the receiver. The plane is so nice I have never flown it. It looks better hanging in my garage,

I would like to have more Sebart planes but am really hesitant to pull the trigger as they are pricey.
Aug 28, 2017, 06:36 PM
DFS#000178
A P-61 has been high on my list for a long time. I was never able to get the VQ P-61, but now that Dynam's coming out with one I have a 2nd chance.
Aug 28, 2017, 06:56 PM
What airplane have I wanted to design for a long time but haven't had a chance? Hmmm. Well, the Stunt Trainer I did a couple years ago was one of those. I wanted to do it RC before 20" was a practical size for RC. It flew so well I redrew it for a Power 32.

Right now I'm working on a balsa F-18 pusher jet so I can let my Blue Angels fanatic grandsons "fly" in one FPV. I've just started on construction of that.

Yesterday I was out flying with my son and figured it would be nice to have a 25-sized Neo. The Neo design has pretty similar numbers as my back-in-the-air Drill Bit, and that plane is a dream to point in any direction and just go, so I figure doing it as a 25 would be nice.

And I need to rebuild my Dad's Aeronca Chief. That'll be a good project once I get started. The hard part for all these is getting started. Once started I usually have no problem building it.

Andy
Aug 28, 2017, 07:44 PM
Winning lottery numbers... Then I think I could get all of the planes I want

So... I actually wish I had back my first plane. Back in the early 80's I built a balsa and monokote PT-40 trainer. I have no idea if they are still out there, I am sure I could find one with enough looking.. But I really do feel sorry for what I put that thing through. Teenager with no idea, training, support etc.. and figured out what a wind gust could do HAHA. I patched that old girl together a few times and had a blast.
That and my super eagle were both abused and great planes. Now that I can actually fly, after a couple decades of leaving the hobby, I would like to run them through their paces again...

Mike
Aug 28, 2017, 08:00 PM
DFS#000178
PT-40's still available.
Aug 28, 2017, 10:05 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Ace 4-60 Biplane.

Did some of my early training on one with an OS 90 4-stroke 30 years ago. It was a gem on low rates (and quite aerobatic on high rates when my Instructor showed off).

A pity they're long out of production. Will have to track a kit down one day.
Aug 28, 2017, 10:17 PM
Does that include planes you actually purchased and have in the box still, but never got around to starting/finishing?

if so, it's the Katana Mini pre undercarriage mod.
Aug 28, 2017, 10:37 PM
Aircraft “Broker”
A giant scale B-17. My dad was shot down in one in 1944. It would be cool to have about a 12' B-17 with all of the bells and whistles, but I'm into sport planes and I have limited space.
Aug 28, 2017, 11:55 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
I always wanted a Cox PT-19 control liner. There was also a Cox Kittyhawk I would have died for. Those magazines with the pictures drove me crazy.
Not the most wonderful performers but if I saw one in a garage sale I would grab either of them for old times sake. I would love to hang them in my man cave.
Aug 29, 2017, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid
I always wanted a Cox PT-19 control liner. There was also a Cox Kittyhawk I would have died for. Those magazines with the pictures drove me crazy.
Not the most wonderful performers but if I saw one in a garage sale I would grab either of them for old times sake. I would love to hang them in my man cave.
That brings back memories. had a Messerschmitt (Or was it a Stuka) when I was 12-13 forget now. but I do recall the noise, had to install a muffler. gosh, I forget now, I will need to dig up a photo to check one-day.
found this great video by an RCG member you may be interested in.
Antique Cox Control Line Plane's History and flights by NightFlyyer. (10 min 39 sec)
Aug 29, 2017, 11:41 AM
If you can build from plans, you can probably find plans for that model you always wanted. If you are limited to buying foam ARF models and your favorite has been discontinued, you may be out of luck, unless a new foam ARF version comes out. I am building another Sterling Mambo from Outerzone plans with Tobe galloping ghost actuator flapping rudder and elevator controls.
Aug 29, 2017, 04:43 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce.R
That brings back memories. had a Messerschmitt (Or was it a Stuka) when I was 12-13 forget now. but I do recall the noise, had to install a muffler. gosh, I forget now, I will need to dig up a photo to check one-day.
found this great video by an RCG member you may be interested in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9G2nRT4bOU
Thanks for that Video Bryce. That Commanche may have come in a green and cream too. I loved it too. That bought back some great memories. Not sure how many years ago they came out but I was about 9 so that is 60 years ago...
Aug 29, 2017, 07:55 PM
A decent size (50 in wing) scale Mosquito but all the models now seem to be discontinued
Aug 29, 2017, 10:13 PM
WJH
WJH
B747-400 First Officer
I never felt a need to must have a particular airplane. Growing up as a kid, I always wanted to fly an L1011. I had to settle for a 747 instead.
R/C wise, I like sport models because physics don't scale down with size, so a scale model is really just pretending to be something it isn't. With a sport model, it's the real deal.

Quick Reply