Aug 28, 2017, 02:43 PM
Thread OP
New Product

ISDT T8 BattGo 1000W 30A Smart Battery Balance Charger For 1-8S Lipo Battery

ISDT has just released a new battery charger
With two Charging Ports and 1000 watts Max charge Capacity This should handle just about anything you throw at it.
Something to keep in mind the ISDT T8 Only Accepts DC Voltage so you will need a seperate Power supply for this one.
Banggood is currently taking Pre-Orders for this Charger.

To Check The Price and Full specs here is the Product Link:
https://www.banggood.com/ISDT-T8-BattGo-1000W-30A-Smart-Battery-Balance-Charger-For-1-8S-Lipo-Battery-p-1191860.html?rmmds=category
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2017, 01:54 AM
Anyone know what is the maximum input current for the new ISDT T8 charger?
Aug 29, 2017, 02:45 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravoTwist
Anyone know what is the maximum input current for the new ISDT T8 charger?
On the product page it says DC 10-40V
Aug 30, 2017, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livershifter
This is the maximum input voltage.
The description states "Max current: 35A", I guess this is referring to the maximum input current
Aug 30, 2017, 10:33 AM
Thread OP
Yes you seem to have answered your own question. My apoligies i thought you were asking for the max input voltage.
Sep 19, 2017, 10:08 AM

Max Amp Input.

Hello,

Quote:
JohnnyBravoTwist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livershifter
This is the maximum input voltage.
The description states "Max current: 35A", I guess this is referring to the maximum input current
The device will use any voltage from a minimum of 10 volts and a max of 40 volts.
The amperage supply should be higher then the draw.

So depending on the instance, for 30 amp output you might need 40 amps at the input side of this device.
A good note about this is the fact that it will draw the amperage as needed.

"I use a 1500 watt 67 amp 24 volt supply" obviously more than 35 amps. "no maximum that i have found for amperage input."

Love these Isdt products
Sep 19, 2017, 04:58 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Decent bits of kit. I have an ISDT charger and it is very reliable and accurate.
Nov 21, 2017, 10:37 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wow!! This T8 has a lot of horsepower. Coming from the 300W 14A Q6, before that the Accucel 6 80W.

I'm a parallel man, right now charging eight batteries. That I can get eight batteries from storage to full inside, what, a half hour, at a cozy 3.75A apiece. That's awesome, and quite a bargain at ninety bucks or so.

The charger market has, for consumers, suffered from a lack of competition (example) to keep the prices competitive. Now, iSDT appears to be laying on the heat not only with amps and watts on the dollar but with impressive screens, interfaces, features, settings, cutoffs, sizes, firmware updates and all the rest.

The AC/DC power supply market similarly has suffered. For those in need of muscle, consider Lipo Connection Solutions where you may grab a 750W/62A/12V for $30, a 1500W/24V for $70, or the Cadillac of PSUs, a 1500W/12V/24V for $130. Other than doing it yourself with an old computer power supply, I'm not aware of better deals.

Hey, the batteries are charged, time to fly. Keep up the good work iSDT!!

Doug
Latest blog entry: Funcub Heavy
Nov 29, 2017, 10:43 AM
Started flying in 1992...
Quick query, this charger looks like a great unit BUT my issue with it so far is that it doesn't support balance-port charging only...does anyone know if this is possible and am I missing something very basic? This one feature would make this my ideal charger, without needing to carry around conversion cables.
Nov 29, 2017, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantAsh
Quick query, this charger looks like a great unit BUT my issue with it so far is that it doesn't support balance-port charging only...does anyone know if this is possible and am I missing something very basic? This one feature would make this my ideal charger, without needing to carry around conversion cables.
Not sure what you're after, but you might want to build a pigtail in such a way that the main + and - of your batt balance port are also fed to the charger's main output as well? will that do the trick for you?
Nov 29, 2017, 12:38 PM
Started flying in 1992...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyfish
Not sure what you're after, but you might want to build a pigtail in such a way that the main + and - of your batt balance port are also fed to the charger's main output as well? will that do the trick for you?
I have small portable chargers which don't require input into the main charge red/black, instead they charge just via the balance port - I was really hoping that the T8 would be capable of this as well, perhaps a future firmware update might enable this.

Quick Reply