ECX Barrage 1.9 Scaler Brushed: BTD Kit - RC Groups

ECX Barrage 1.9 Scaler Brushed: BTD Kit

The Barrage BTD kit comes with high quality Spektrum and ECX electronics. It's a quick build kit with differentials, shocks, and wheels assembled.

ECX Barrage 1.9 Scaler Brushed: BTD Kit

The Barrage is Now in Kit Form

The 1/12th scale Barrage, a RTR scale crawler from ECX, is now available as a kit. Called a BTD kit (Built to Drive), the Barrage kit builds quickly, thanks to some of the critical parts being assembled from the factory. The differentials, wheels, and oil-filled shocks are ready to run, which greatly cuts down on build time. This kit also includes all electronics needed to complete the Barrage, including an ECX 2.4GHz transmitter and receiver, Dynamite Tazer 390 brushed motor, Dynamite 60A WP FWD/REV brushed ESC, Spektrum S602 digital servo, and a Dynamite Speedpack 900mAh NiMH battery with EC3 connector. The Barrage kit retails for $179.99 and is scheduled for availability in mid October from Horizon Hobby.

CLICK HERE for more info on the new ECX Barrage 1.9 Scaler Brushed: BTD Kit

Features:

• Customizable Clear Body Shell and Sticker Sheet
  • Realistic C-Channel Chassis Frame
  • Full Range Spektrum™ 2.4GHz Transmitter
  • Waterproof Electronics
  • Dynamite® Ni-MH Battery
  • AC Battery Charger
  • 390 Size Can Motor
  • 1/10 Scale Size Metal Gear Servo
  • Outboard Conventional Shock Mounting System
  • Improved Articulation and Steering
  • Partially Assembled
  • Fully Upgradable
  • Tools Included

Aug 28, 2017, 02:14 PM
I saw this on ECX's website last week, and it caught my interest. As someone who is looking to get their first crawler, this looks pretty interesting. I will be looking forward to some reviews.
Aug 29, 2017, 10:03 PM
That looks great! Not too bad a price either! Might have to get one for family members to have a turn driving
Sep 02, 2017, 11:15 AM
Now if they would offer a PnP version, no radio, no transmitter or battery I would get one. Have too many transmitters I do not use and many LiPos. Use 1 9 memory 3 ch transmitter for all my trucks, do not need more. Planes are offered PnP, why not trucks?
Sep 03, 2017, 10:55 PM
Hi
This vs the upcoming redcat Everest gen 7 pro.
What would you choose and why?
Obviously this is about $100 cheaper than the gen7 but is the redcat justified?

Cheers
Sep 05, 2017, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyconscendo
Hi
This vs the upcoming redcat Everest gen 7 pro.
What would you choose and why?
Obviously this is about $100 cheaper than the gen7 but is the redcat justified?

Cheers
The Gen7 Sport is $200, only $20 more than the Barrage kit. For my money, the Gen7 was the obvious choice (I pre-ordered one last week). The Barrage is made of 1/18 scale parts on a stretched chassis, and uses a 390 sized motor. The Gen7 is a true 1/10 scale vehicle with proven hardware. The axles are the same as the Everest 10 except that it has a metal locker instead of the Everest 10's plastic lockers. It has a Hobbywing 1040 esc, flysky transmitter & receiver, and a 550 sized brushed motor. It also comes with beadlock wheels so if (when) you want to upgrade the tires, you don't need to buy new wheels too.
Sep 05, 2017, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC
The Gen7 Sport is $200, only $20 more than the Barrage kit. For my money, the Gen7 was the obvious choice (I pre-ordered one last week). The Barrage is made of 1/18 scale parts on a stretched chassis, and uses a 390 sized motor. The Gen7 is a true 1/10 scale vehicle with proven hardware. The axles are the same as the Everest 10 except that it has a metal locker instead of the Everest 10's plastic lockers. It has a Hobbywing 1040 esc, flysky transmitter & receiver, and a 550 sized brushed motor. It also comes with beadlock wheels so if (when) you want to upgrade the tires, you don't need to buy new wheels too.
Hi
Thanks for the reply and your input.
I didn't know the barrage was not a true 1/10 scale.

In your opinion is the gen 7 pro worth the $80 premium they are asking over the sport version?
I've done some reading and it looks like the differences are :
-metal gears
-metal diff case covers
-body cage
-body fenders and wheel well underbody panels
-cva on the front drive
-the accessories
-higher mAh battery

I'm looking to purchase this as my first crawler/trail truck. I've mostly had monster trucks for bashing.

Cheers
Sep 06, 2017, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyconscendo
Hi
Thanks for the reply and your input.
I didn't know the barrage was not a true 1/10 scale.

In your opinion is the gen 7 pro worth the $80 premium they are asking over the sport version?
I've done some reading and it looks like the differences are :
-metal gears
-metal diff case covers
-body cage
-body fenders and wheel well underbody panels
-cva on the front drive
-the accessories
-higher mAh battery

I'm looking to purchase this as my first crawler/trail truck. I've mostly had monster trucks for bashing.

Cheers
For me the differences weren't worth it. Even though the Pro has a different center diff gear set, the part number for the one in the Sport still indicates that it's the same metal locker that people use to upgrade their Everest 10 diffs with, so I think it's adequate. Hopefully I don't end up with a plastic locker in my diffs! Aside from that, the Pro comes with front CVDs instead of dogbones, which I think ARE a worthwhile upgrade, and are something that I intend to buy for my Sport. The Pro also comes with aluminum bodied shocks, but I don't mind plastic bodied shocks. They typically work just as well, they just don't look as nice. I like the body details on the Pro, but between that whole cage system and all the scale stuff on the roof rack, I expect the Pro to be very top-heavy compared to the Sport, which is why I elected not to buy it. The higher mah battery is worthless to me because I'll be running my lipo batteries in the truck.

My plan included ordering the Sport model along with a better servo. As soon as the parts become available, I'm going to order the CVD front axles from the Pro model. If my truck ends up coming with the plastic diff locker, I'll upgrade that too. My total expense should come in under the cost of the Pro, and should end up being a much more capable rig.
Oct 27, 2017, 03:05 AM

Barrage BTR

I am hoping they have an upgrade for the Barrage version 1, rather than buying all the new hardware. The Red Cat Gen 1 does have my eye.