Sep 15, 2017, 03:18 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
I noticed these the other day, and they look very interesting. 'Fleks3D' printing bases'.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2017, 06:11 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Nice!
Sep 16, 2017, 11:10 AM
Please excuse my enthusiasm .
After several test and errors I have my first cockpit shell: 1mm thikness and near 10grms its not bad to me.
It's far to be perfect but I need more to learn about the print program and concepts...
Sep 16, 2017, 05:52 PM
Looks like a pretty good machine. Didn't take you long to start producing!
Sep 17, 2017, 02:04 AM
who has rabbit ears down
Way to go rajazo! I'm impressed! Looks Like Jason made a very wise choice!
Canopies are not an easy project, and you did very well there! now for challenge #2:
set up horizontally, with reduced temp (nozzle) and speed, and see what you get!
Latest blog entry: My "Kubiak" Collection
Sep 18, 2017, 07:12 AM
Sure, Jason made a great choice. I wanted the mega version too but shipping was going too expensive to my country and this has lot of incidence in custom cost. With the difference I bought simplify 3d that worth every penny of its price.
Sep 18, 2017, 08:53 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Guys I can't tell you how much fun I've been having! Why did it take so long for me to get into this? If you are on the bubble, take the plunge, you will love it!
Sep 18, 2017, 09:20 AM
+1... even more if you use cad programs from the 90's and looks your creation only as a printed render.
Horizontal Canopy in process
Sep 18, 2017, 11:05 AM
3:37 hrs later...
Again is not perfect and it needs sand on the lower part because supports are not easy to cut on this model (1mm thick).
upper parts needs sand too because the bridge effect.. and inner canopy it doesn't look good specially thinking in transparent PLA or something similar
Sep 18, 2017, 05:00 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Great to hear the success stories Jason and rajazo! I've been learning a lot about the (Simplify) systems on You Tube, and as I understand rajazo, that if you change the top layers to let's say 8-10, you should be able to alleviate those "crown" steps there! doesn't change the fact I'm very impressed!
Latest blog entry: My "Kubiak" Collection
Sep 18, 2017, 06:14 PM
wrong descision, wrong time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Canardly
Great to hear the success stories Jason and rajazo! I've been learning a lot about the (Simplify) systems on You Tube, and as I understand rajazo, that if you change the top layers to let's say 8-10, you should be able to alleviate those "crown" steps there! doesn't change the fact I'm very impressed!
You can use slic3r to reduce the layer height at the top of that print to lessen the stepping effect:

http://manual.slic3r.org/expert-mode...e-layer-height

You can also do this with simplify 3d using multiple processes. I have not done this yet, so I don't have instructions.

To make the canopy clear you could use clear pla filament (or t-glase filament) and print with a single wall.

-Heath
Sep 20, 2017, 06:31 PM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
In the $400-500 range, would suggest the Creality CR-10 (Gearbest has flash sales often dropping them even into the upper 300's).
Sep 20, 2017, 06:42 PM
I was following this thread and mentioned I was leaning toward the Prusa even though it's above the $500 bucks. They offered free shipping for a few days which was $110.00 off Canadian and I went for it. I just received it this morning and opened the box and much to my surprise, they threw in a bag of gummy bears which nice and fresh and I'm saying this thing is really close to $500 bucks now :-)
Sep 20, 2017, 06:45 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Nice Kreskin,
Let me know what you think when you get it up and running. I've been printing like crazy with the I3 Mega and my review is in the works. I'll likely have it published sometime next week and I'll throw a link in here when that is up.
Sep 20, 2017, 07:02 PM
I might not be the best guy for the job as my passion for the last few years has been fpv quads and later several types of fpv planes that enjoy flying. My report would come from the point of view of someone that has never even seen a 3d printer in person. For now I will say that the unit is perfectly packaged and the instruction manual is extremely well written and clear. This was going to be a winter project but the free shipping pushed things ahead a little.

Edit: Construction was going well and I was over half done when one of the linear bears fell apart. I need to replace that one and get a few spares. I am surprised how poor these bearings are.
Last edited by Kreskin; Sep 23, 2017 at 08:47 AM.

Quick Reply