Sep 04, 2017, 07:31 PM
who has rabbit ears down
and I've spent the foll weekend Researching the Folger Tech F5, a more "open"=slicers/drivers etc, think I'll bump "back" to my Prusa search, as with the auto leveling, and higher temp nozzle upgrades, will deal with 3DXTech's Ultem ropes more easily
Latest blog entry: My "Kubiak" Collection
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2017, 06:13 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
I notice the PRINT-RITE DIY printer is not included ....

I bought this from Hobby King and it works ........... has replaceable parts and takes common spooled filament.

My only niggle is that I need to keep cleaning the nozzle as it tends to block after a number of jobs ...

Simple to put together ... comes with SW .... just put together, install SW on PC ...

Nigel
Sep 06, 2017, 12:47 PM
Does anyone one here provide printing services. If so let me know what you would charge to print out 2 of these bixler twin engine mounts. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:469613/#comments

Thanks
Sep 06, 2017, 01:04 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qdaddy28
Does anyone one here provide printing services. If so let me know what you would charge to print out 2 of these bixler twin engine mounts. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:469613/#comments

Thanks
PM sent

-= Dave
Sep 06, 2017, 01:50 PM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by qdaddy28

Thanks
Now that mount just suits a job I have !!

Nigel
Sep 07, 2017, 06:28 AM
who has rabbit ears down
Qdaddy: even if I don't get the bid, could you check printathing's price @ thingaverse? I've only been getting about 5$ for a small job like that ( go to my youTube, I have a vid about them) And, if I send the boss @ Printathing a pic of the project, I usually have to do again!
Oh, My bid would be 8 bucks, plus 7$ shipping
----edit
here's pics of my setup, I slowed from 80 to 70, what's a half hour when quality needed??
Last edited by Captain Canardly; Sep 07, 2017 at 06:57 AM. Reason: added pics and data
Sep 07, 2017, 05:33 PM
WW5
WW5
hello everyone, I've been look at the 3d Labprint 3d printed aircraft for a while and I'm trying to find a cheep 3d printer that had the volume to be able to print the aircraft such as the Spitfire mk xvi, Me-109h/f, and P-47-n15. Are any of the 3d printers listed able to print some of the smaller aircraft from 3d lab print and are i3 compatible?

Ethan
Last edited by WW5; Sep 07, 2017 at 06:04 PM.
Sep 07, 2017, 06:39 PM
Retired CAD guy
FT- 5 from Folger tech is my choice.

Solid and i'm Curently printing the 67" span Spitfire.

Plenty of room !!!

I have mostly printed PLA - Clear, Transp-green-rec-blue-yellow, Silver Black, White, Purple, Blue, Red
now using PLA Hi Heat from PUSH - Silver and Clear
Soft filament in Blue - made tires for Cessna .
ABS a few times but I did have to make surround covers for the machine to be able to get the heats up hi enough.
I suspect that any of the open frame types will have similar issues.
Last edited by birdofplay; Sep 08, 2017 at 08:34 AM.
Sep 07, 2017, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay
FT- 5 from Folger tech is my choice.

Solid and i'm Curently printing the 67" span Spitfire.

Plenty of room !!!
What materials have you printed with on your Folger? Thanks!
Sep 07, 2017, 09:03 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
I3 Mega showed up today!!!
Sep 07, 2017, 09:05 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Kreskin! As I'm understanding from Facebook, they (Modifiers companies etc) are thinking an all metal hotend, but as now, it is @ 25 degrees C, which puts most filaments except Ultem onto the tabletop. ( Facebook infos)
Bird of Play! That iz some HUGE space!
Sep 07, 2017, 09:07 PM
who has rabbit ears down
WOW! in the moment I post, It arrived??!! That iz some serious quick shipping! will there be a ne story for this one Jason, or right here?
Sep 07, 2017, 09:39 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
I'll be writing a separate review article for it.
Sep 07, 2017, 11:22 PM
wrong descision, wrong time
I have a creality CR-10. It is plenty of room to print 3d lab planes. I'm going to be working on some of my own planes this winter, but maybe I'll buy the EasyMax glider, or one of the other ones that takes 2200 3 cell batteries. The CR-10 is under $500
Sep 15, 2017, 03:08 PM
One week ago I received my anycubic prusa i3.
Build time was near 5hrs and the first printed object was great.... are really rigid to be a acrylic printer and the ULTRABASE are excellent it doesn't need any masking tape or glue.
It is a great alternative in the low budget range (u$170) ... lot better than Anet A8 and the volume is a little bigger (20x20x25).

I'm working on my cad program to print some objects for my planes. ...

Quick Reply