Thread OP
Alert

Silent Knights Soaring Society Open House

Silent Knights Soaring Society

model airplane club

presents an

OPEN HOUSE

Sunday, September 10th at Noon

Meet the members, see the field and check out the flying action. Lunch provided for a small donation.

Gliders, acrobatics, quad copters

Computer simulator and buddy box flying

Bring a sailplane or electric plane and fly as our guest

A great place to bring the family

Entrance to the field at the corner of Papermill Rd and Smith Mill Rd.

Find us at SKSS.org

or on Facebook at Silent Knights Soaring Society
Last edited by eteet; Aug 29, 2017 at 06:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2017, 09:11 AM
Light flies right!
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but is AMA required for guest pilots? I know that SKSS is AMA-sanctioned, so perhaps it's a silly question. I do have an AMA and FAA registration, but I haven't gotten around to renewing my AMA yet this year.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that this field is being reopened! I've been scratchbuilding sailplanes for just over a year now, and I'm glad that there's a place nearby that's dedicated to flying them. If everything goes as planned, I should have my newest build ready for this event. Looking forward to meeting you guys!
Aug 31, 2017, 09:56 AM
ET
Thread OP
Hi AerOnaught,

Yes, the state park we fly in, and the SKSS, requires AMA membership for the insurance aspect. The good news is that you can renew your AMA membership online in 5 minutes.

Or if you just want to come and see what's up no membership is needed.

Hope to see you there,

Eric
Aug 31, 2017, 11:24 AM
I hope to see a picture of your XC with that gorgeous new stab!! A bit far to drop in to visit though...

JT
Aug 31, 2017, 12:22 PM
ET
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlsf5
I hope to see a picture of your XC with that gorgeous new stab!! A bit far to drop in to visit though...

JT
I'll send a pic just as soon as I get it to the field. Today is devoted to getting some weight out of the nose. The new stab is SO smooth. Me likey.
Aug 31, 2017, 02:09 PM
Smooth is good, make covering easy!!! Sorry about all the trouble I'm making you go through to lighten up the nose!
Sep 01, 2017, 04:28 AM
Good to hear skss had access to the field again.
Latest blog entry: Is-4 Jastrzab Build
Sep 01, 2017, 06:06 AM
ET
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlachow
Good to hear skss had access to the field again.
Thankyouverymuch!
Sep 09, 2017, 11:58 AM
ET
Thread OP
TOMORROW is the day! Hope to see y'all there!

Quick Reply