This thread is privately moderated by decreale, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 28, 2017, 07:20 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Buying a plane and Spare Parts

This may seem like a captain obvious moment but when buying a plane make sure the company supplies spare parts. I see where companies state they support what they sell but in some cases you may have to wait months before that part comes in. I found out there could be one distributer for many of these on line stores. I have been waiting for 3 months to get a set of wings for my FMS F3a Olympus. I have to wait for Horizon Hobby to get a shipment in and then it's sold to Motion Rc. This is not the first time I've had this problem with vendors. They just don't have the spare parts and it takes forever to get what you need if it's out of stock.
WHEN buying a plane on line the buyer has a right to ask questions. The seller should respond. I recently was in the market to purchase an FMS Stuka. There was one on line that caught my attention. It was selling for $150 NIB with transmitter. I am very familiar with this
plane. I had ask the seller several questions about what he was selling. What kind of transmitter? This is the FMS 55" inch Stuka. The response I got back was. I'm not your pen pal are you interested . Bad Attitude= Bad Seller=RiskyPurchase.
Last edited by decreale; Sep 20, 2017 at 05:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2017, 09:51 PM
That thing almost hit me
Build something....There's always more balsa.... (and monokote, servos,etc.)
Aug 29, 2017, 07:15 AM
Thread OP
I have balsa planes Corvus 540, Proud Bird and Escapade .61. Foam planes are sometimes easy to repair
Last edited by decreale; Aug 29, 2017 at 07:28 AM.

Quick Reply