Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 15, 2017, 07:27 AM
It is. But unless I inadvertently disabled it mine was off by default as is typical of Arducopter. Maybe a firmware update switched this one way or the other. I believe mine has updated twice. Once thru the mobile app routinely and the second I did manually thru the web server. The OP could easily check this or better yet review a log and see what triggered RTL. I had planned on doing some range testing today but's its way too windy and rainy here for this little guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dang
I thought this meant mine was enabled.
Last edited by dkemxr; Oct 15, 2017 at 07:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2017, 08:48 AM
Wisconsin

Tridge has videos about V2450GPS webserver etc

On Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndrewTridgell

Oct 15, 2017, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkemxr
It is. But unless I inadvertently disabled it mine was off by default as is typical of Arducopter. Maybe a firmware update switched this one way or the other. I believe mine has updated twice. Once thru the mobile app routinely and the second I did manually thru the web server. The OP could easily check this or better yet review a log and see what triggered RTL. I had planned on doing some range testing today but's its way too windy and rainy here for this little guy.
Supposed to have decent weather here today. I'll disable it and see what I can do.
Oct 15, 2017, 06:28 PM
will canadian retailer be getting this drone?
Oct 15, 2017, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Easy enough for most but not me it would seem. Connected via Mission Planner and it said no logs. Tried a test flight and MP was showing "Bad Logging". I'll reformat the card and/or try a new one and report back.
Oct 15, 2017, 08:41 PM
Use the Web Server to download the log and then review it with MP or APM Planner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003JP
Easy enough for most but not me it would seem. Connected via Mission Planner and it said no logs. Tried a test flight and MP was showing "Bad Logging". I'll reformat the card and/or try a new one and report back.
Oct 15, 2017, 09:23 PM
Through the APP? I looked there and it doesn't show any logs.
Oct 15, 2017, 09:46 PM
I'm not sure what you are calling "the APP" but via the Sky Viper Web Server they are available as per the attached on the Filesystem Access page.

Quote:
Through the APP? I looked there and it doesn't show any logs.
Oct 15, 2017, 10:08 PM

using tower

Quote:
I picked one up at lunch on Thursday. Been a long time since I've flown a geared quadcopter. I was able to connect via Mission Planner and poke around but couldn't get tower to connect. Anyone able to connect via tower?
My guess is that tower is MAVLink1 only, and the SkyViper does MAVLink2 by default.
Go into the web interface at http://192.168.99.1 and got into the parameters page. Change SERIAL1_PROTOCOL from 2 to 1 then reboot. Then try tower again.
Let us know how it goes.
Oct 15, 2017, 10:12 PM
Quote:
The fence radius may be set at 101 but it's disabled by default. At least mine is. 400ft sounds believable. A log will tell all.
The fence is actually tied to the flight mode. It auto-enables in LOITER mode, and auto-disables in ALT_HOLD (although we still limit to fence height in ALT_HOLD).
I know this is a bit different from normal ArduPilot. The reason for the difference is the handling of indoor flight You really don't wan a fence based on GPS when indoors.
Oct 15, 2017, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Cnnected via Mission Planner and it said no logs.
The logging is done by the video board, which means its not visible over MAVLink to MissionPlanner.
Instead, download the logs via the web interface, in the filesystem section under DATAFLASH. Thats actually a lot faster than downloading via MP anyway.
The logs can be analysed by all the usual ArduPilot log analsyis tools.
Cheers, Tridge
Oct 15, 2017, 10:20 PM
That works. Thanks Tridge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tridge
My guess is that tower is MAVLink1 only, and the SkyViper does MAVLink2 by default.
Go into the web interface at http://192.168.99.1 and got into the parameters page. Change SERIAL1_PROTOCOL from 2 to 1 then reboot. Then try tower again.
Let us know how it goes.
Oct 15, 2017, 10:25 PM
OK, got it, thanks for the clarification! So in PosHold it won't be auto-enabled?

Quote:
The fence is actually tied to the flight mode. It auto-enables in LOITER mode, and auto-disables in ALT_HOLD (although we still limit to fence height in ALT_HOLD).
I know this is a bit different from normal ArduPilot. The reason for the difference is the handling of indoor flight You really don't wan a fence based on GPS when indoors.
Oct 16, 2017, 03:52 AM
Quote:
OK, got it, thanks for the clarification! So in PosHold it won't be auto-enabled?
It forces fence enabled under all conditions for LOITER
For other GPS modes, it forces the fence on only if you switch to the mode using the SkyViper TX.
we could add a TMODE_FLAGS bit to enable this if you find it a problem, or you could just set a very large fence radius
Cheers, Tridge
Oct 16, 2017, 08:17 AM
I think a TMODE_FLAGS parameter with that funtionality is an excellent idea!

Quote:
It forces fence enabled under all conditions for LOITER
For other GPS modes, it forces the fence on only if you switch to the mode using the SkyViper TX.
we could add a TMODE_FLAGS bit to enable this if you find it a problem, or you could just set a very large fence radius
Cheers, Tridge

Quick Reply