This thread is privately moderated by farquward, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 27, 2017, 02:30 PM
Today is a good day to fly
Thread OP
Cool

Carry case for a helicopter

I needed some way to safely transport my 300 X so I built this. It's made from scarp lumber I had on hand and stained with a cherry stain.
9/17/2017. You may have noticed, no handle. I had searched the local hardware stores for "D" rings, to no avail. The stock on hand was more fitting of a large tool box, not the size needed for this. While at a crafts store, I found some of the appropriate size, but they were just the rings, no way to fix to the box. I have some AL sheet stock so I cut a couple rectangles, notched a 2 X 4 and made some mounts. An extra shoulder strap was put to use. Inside, I added some plywood for a secure mount. A carabiner now keeps the lid securely closed. Also added a pad under the tail fin, fills the gap so the LG isn't stressed during transport.
10/14/2017. Made a modification to the case, added a strut to hold the lid open. Works like a champion, should have done this in the beginning.
Last edited by farquward; Oct 14, 2017 at 06:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply