Sep 05, 2017, 12:28 PM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
DPF https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ble+parkflyers
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2017, 02:33 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Just thought of something, KFM works great for standard foam flat wing planes, but will it affect a canard type plane differently? Or, since it is still the main wing it won't make much difference if the elevator is in front or behind it?
Sep 05, 2017, 05:20 PM
gpw
gpw
KF works on any wing … tail in front or back …
Sep 09, 2017, 03:34 PM
Only got a little bit done this week. Both mine and the wife's car decided to fall apart at the same time, so they took priority.
Started working on covering the arrow shafts with foam to simulate on the what I'm assuming on the voyager are fuel tanks. Should improve the looks of the plane by covering up those shafts. Also bought some colored packing tape and am trying my hand on designing and covering with it.
Sep 11, 2017, 05:52 PM
Got the fuel tank booms finished, defently makes a difference over just using the uncovered arrow shafts. Alot of tedious gluing and sanding but worth it, really makes the plane more accurate to what I wanted. Originally was just gonna do a simple job, but like almost every time I do a plane simple gets lost somewhere. At least I don't go to extremes like some perfectionist I've seen. I will admit their builds look great but I could never fly one of those beautiful planes, the thought of all that time and work put into something that can be ruined in a simple crash would be too much for me to handle.
Sep 12, 2017, 05:52 AM
gpw
gpw
" the thought of all that time and work put into something that can be ruined in a simple crash would be too much for me to handle “ …. It’s just something we all have to deal with. Be glad it’s not Balsa or it would cost a fortune to experiment …
Sep 12, 2017, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
Be glad it’s not Balsa or it would cost a fortune to experiment …
What! I already spent a fortune on this plane.....Let's see,
$1 for the foam
$4 for the servo
50 cents worth of glue and tape
And the billfold buster... $3.50 for each arrow shaft....and I had to get two!...two I tell you!
You just gotta love foamies.
Sep 13, 2017, 05:54 AM
gpw
gpw
Wow , I ddn’t know you were so heavily Invested …
Sep 21, 2017, 07:27 AM
Canard hooked up and tested, seems smooth with no binding. The extra tips on the ends are probably useless but I like the looks of them, just hope they don't cause problems with flight.
On a side question, does anybody think the h stabs are too small, or do they look like an appropriate size for the plane.
Rutman Voyager style RC plane canard test (0 min 21 sec)