Nov 03, 2004, 10:11 PM
Thread OP

Slope - "Shadow" by "Fly by Night Models" in Long Beach California

Has anyone ever heard of a High Performance Slope called the "Shadow"?
This was made by "Fly by Night Models" in Long Beach California, and has
a Fiberglass fuselage with balsa covered foam wings. I have a brand new one still in the box, and am thinking about putting it together. By the way, this was back around the early 80s.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2004, 11:42 PM
Fun ain't cheap!
I vaguely remember these. If I'm on the right track they were kind of like a Quicksilver....a 50" ship that Doug Herzog kitted. The Shadows were sold a lot by Hobby People and were slightly biased towards lighter lift and more Novice fliers/builders than the Quicksilver, Sihlouette, SOS type ships that were popular back then. Build it up and have fun with it!
droydx
Nov 04, 2004, 01:49 AM
I remember The Shadow very well. They were kitted by a guy named Steve who was out of Long Beach, or something like that. He and his buddies would drive down every weekend and fly with us at Salt Creek in Southern California. This was about 1980-81 or so. The plane was a fiberglass fuse/balsa sheeted low wing with a conventional tail. They sort of resembled the Quicksilver or that plane The Condor that Hobby Shack once sold. As I recall, they flew pretty well in some decent wind/lift.
Nov 04, 2004, 02:20 AM
It could happen...
Double post? I put in my buck minus 98 on the other thread...

Quick Reply