Jan 30, 2019, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiore69
Hi everyone, I installed an ar9020 receiver on an 88-inch 54-yak with digital savox servos, I was wondering if it is better to bind on my dx9 to 22 ms or 11 ms, by making the difference between the frame rate and 3D at 11 ms. Thanks
Use 22ms mode. That's a big plane, so unless you're Seth Arnold it won't matter.

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2019, 02:18 PM
Beginner flight RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Use 22ms mode. That's a big plane, so unless you're Seth Arnold it won't matter.

Andy
Thanks Andy, your help is always precious
Mar 06, 2019, 05:08 PM
The instruction manual for the Spektrum AR6400T Shows two sockets for CH2 (aileron and reverse aileron. ) But it indicates that the reverse aileron could be used for AUX1 (channel 6). How is the reverse aileron socket assigned to channel 6 while still keeping the other socket for the ailerons? Is this done by some sort of MIXing in the TX? Thanks for any reply.
Mar 06, 2019, 09:29 PM
You program the mode in the RX. It's either left aileron OR channel 6. Not both.

Fwiw you will probably like the EFLU5864 better. It's AR636 code in a micro RX with a better ESC and BEC than the 6400 family.

Andy
Mar 06, 2019, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
You program the mode in the RX. It's either left aileron OR channel 6. Not both.

Fwiw you will probably like the EFLU5864 better. It's AR636 code in a micro RX with a better ESC and BEC than the 6400 family.
Well I already have an A6410T and I have an EFLU5864 (UMX Cessna 182). I also have an EFLA6420BLB6 (UMX SAFE Gee Bee).

I just got the 6410 manual (I wish all Spektrum manuals were this complete_) and now see how to make CH2- reverse- AIL to AUX1.
I also downloaded the AR636 manual and assume it mostly applies to the EFLU5864 RX (which I like very much).

I am going to try the 6410 CH2->AUX1 trick on the Gee Bee AS6420BL RX. But besides the x-port, this RX also has an extra mysterious 3-pin socket.

Thank you for your input.
Sep 05, 2019, 10:28 AM
Blue Sky Mining
A couple of pages back I posted about a problem I had with an AR610 in a carbon rich plane. I'm now having exactly the same behaviour with an AR400 in a simple balsa and ply trainer.

I'm running a DM9 module in a JR9XII so it's operating on DSM2. The range check is good but if it loses signal - by going too far or pointing the antenna at the plane or hiding behind a big tree or by switching off the TX - then it either doesn't reconnect to the signal at all or takes literally minutes. Switching the RX on and off usually gets a connection quickly however.

I just don't know if it's something in the way DSMX receivers handle DSM2 or a dud batch of receivers or what.

Previously with the ar610 I put it down to reflection and noise from the carbon but this installation is balsa and ply with the receiver near and behind the trailing edge and away from battery, engine, etc.
Sep 17, 2019, 08:30 AM
Not really sure if this goes here or not but hope y'all can give some help.
I am trying to bind an orange rcvr that works great in my JR 9303 with the DM9 module.
When I put it in the X9D+ it works the servos in a jerky manner.
I have looked up several videos and I am doing it the way that was stated.
I have also tried doing a full bind in the X9D and made sure all the setup was correct and it still runs the servos in a jerky manner
I have actually tried this with two DM9 modules.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:54 AM
Blue Sky Mining
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terror Dactyl
I am trying to bind an orange rcvr that works great in my JR 9303 with the DM9 module.
I have also tried doing a full bind in the X9D and made sure all the setup was correct and it still runs the servos in a jerky manner
Have you selected ppm as the communication protocol? I'm not sure what protocols the X9D+ uses but you need to select PPM to use the DM9 module. If I try to run my DM9 with the protoocol set to SPCM then I get a similar effect.

PS If this isn't the problem, try another thread. Maybe a Taranis thread. This one doesn't seem very active at the moment
Last edited by batballs; Sep 17, 2019 at 10:06 AM.
Sep 17, 2019, 10:04 AM
Blue Sky Mining
Quote:
Originally Posted by batballs
A couple of pages back I posted about a problem I had with an AR610 in a carbon rich plane. I'm now having exactly the same behaviour with an AR400 in a simple balsa and ply trainer.

I'm running a DM9 module in a JR9XII so it's operating on DSM2. The range check is good but if it loses signal - by going too far or pointing the antenna at the plane or hiding behind a big tree or by switching off the TX - then it either doesn't reconnect to the signal at all or takes literally minutes. Switching the RX on and off usually gets a connection quickly however.

I just don't know if it's something in the way DSMX receivers handle DSM2 or a dud batch of receivers or what.

Previously with the ar610 I put it down to reflection and noise from the carbon but this installation is balsa and ply with the receiver near and behind the trailing edge and away from battery, engine, etc.
The story continues.

I did the same test with the original AR 7010 the DM9 module came with. It reaquires the signal about 1 sec after the transmitter is turned back on. So this older DSMX RX has no problem finding the DSM2 signal again.

A friend used his DX6 running DSMX to bind to the AR400 and did the same test, switching off the transmitter and seeing how long it took to reaquire the signal when he switched back on. About 1 sec, so no trouble with a DSMX transmitter.

Why the different behaviour? Is there something in the way the AR400 and AR610 (both of which are superceded but with many still out there in the wild) handle DSM2 that's different to the earlier AR7010 receiver? Is the same issue still there with later RXs?

Puzzled .... But now I at least feel free to sell on these two receivers with a clear conscience.
Sep 17, 2019, 01:42 PM
65 years of RC flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terror Dactyl
Protocol must be set to PPM.
PPM frame 22.5 400u +. (Note that the + may need to be - it will work only one way)

If the PPM frame is left on the default 300u, neutral will be significantly off the standard 1500u.

Quick Reply