This thread is privately moderated by epoweredrc, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 26, 2017, 11:43 AM
34 years of flight.
Thread OP
Discussion

Taranis Everything I have learned

Hello everyone, Epoweredrc here and I just want to make a post here about the Taranis Radio, while this radio is awesome and does all kinda neat stuff that even the $1,000.00 Radios won't, it is not the easiest to learn to use.. it can be a channalage infact. I had given up using it twice, but finally within the opast month i decided to get it back out and get back to trying to program things with it.. I first got me a Orange module off ebay from a guy in FL cause though Hobbyking had them in stock the non US warehouse i didn't want to still be waiting for it months later. This is where i got mine from, it seems he gives discounts at times and i got mine when he had them fro $41.00 so as of couple days ago he had went up to $50 so pay attention to that...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OrangeRX-2-4...72.m2749.l2649

This is a Short you tube video I posted just showing the module in the Taranis already.. I didn't want to remove it as I have heard the pins are easy to bend and didn't want to chance it.. it in the TX it works i like to keep it that way..
Short Video of my Orange module for Taranis (2 min 28 sec)

I found on the Taranis with module it depends on what aircraft/reciver your using in what mode it needs to be in.. I would really recomend looking in the classifieds and trying to get a DM9 module as everything i have read on these are you just put in bind mode and it finds the dsm or dxmx or whatever and binds to the unit..

On mine I have found for my UMX Radian glider i had to have 1 blink on the module witch indicates DSM2 from what the manual says.

one blink/flash also worked for one of my AR6100 RX i have in a flying wing of mine.

on my UMX whipit hand launch glider It had to be blinking 2 times meaning its in DSMX

I will be adding more info here as I do more models, I just got a tiny whoop ( Blade inductrix with camera) and plan to add it soon along with other my models.

I found it kinda annoying that once the timer reaches 0.00 it doesn't do anything when you have voice on... I like a extra something to tell me hey its time to land.... so i figured out with help of others how to add a extra sound this is how. you can see it in this post here.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4&postcount=19

I will add more later this is a start. I hope to have some more videos also about it soon...

Hope this help you or someone out there.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2020, 07:38 AM
"My grandma wants to fly jets"
Have you tried to program any of your heli's yet w/ the Taranis? I've been using my Dx-7 for heli's because I haven't' taken the initiative to figure out swash plates, etc, for the Taranis. I'm sure it will be a steep learning curve!

Quick Reply