Aug 25, 2017, 10:25 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Ultimate Traxxas Crawler- The TRX-4

Wanna Crawl?

Thinking of getting into the sport of RC Crawling or just having fun driving RCs with friends at a park? Take a look at one of the best feature packed RC Crawlers that Traxxas has to offer, the TRX-4!

Power and Material

This model Land Rover Defender has heavy duty steel links, aluminum scale shocks, and heavy steel frame rails. Molded wire retainers will keep your wires tidy and out of the way while the dual-fit battery tray will give you options of powering your new crawler with NiMh or LiPo batteries. The radio has functions that allow you to control much of the drive train variable such as locking and unlocking differentials for both front and rear, as well as shifting from Hi to low gear where you need it most. The differentials are T-Lock branded and the transmission has a twin friction plate slipper clutch in it to allow for smooth transition gear changing.

Form Factor

Traxxas really was thinking when creating this monster of a crawler and gave it phenomenal control and clearance factors. The TRX-4 features what is called portal axles, raised center driveshafts, and suspension links that provide higher clearance than that of other models. The steering and drag links were also built to be higher while allowing for 45 degree steering angles for more control. With all of the lifted components it gives the TRX-4 a clearance of about 3.14 inches off the ground.

Electronics

The TRX-4 has some of the best electronics on the market to get you up and crawling. With a new XL-5 HV ESC to control the Titan 21T 550 motor, you will never be looking for more power to torque than on this model. All of the electronic components are waterproof as well such as the Micro servos, accessory light kit, and the waterproof metal gear servo.
Ready to Crawl?

With all of this strength and power in the Traxxas TRX-4, you will never look back to other models. Traxxas put a lot of thinking into this crawler to create the best experience for beginners and experts of the hobby and because it's Traxxas, you can always find parts and other accessories to help flare up the spectators.

Get One!
http://failsaferc.com/product/traxxa...i-radio-red-2/
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2017, 10:35 AM
The Mad Titan
Is this an advertisement for your store?
Aug 31, 2017, 03:19 AM
Car Bashing
Quote:
Is this an advertisement for your store?
It seems that yes.

Fortunately there are many videos and reviews on this car. It seemed not bad, until i see this :
Name: 21192077_1852797021715573_4838734918259449942_n.jpg
Views: 73
Size: 87.7 KB
Description:
For a car at this price, it isn't so good.
source : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Aug 31, 2017, 01:39 PM
Guy installed overpowered motor.
Aug 31, 2017, 03:19 PM
Car Bashing
Ho yes, 1900kv castle slate sensored It seems powerful enough with the stock motor though.
Sep 02, 2017, 04:45 AM
So we can agree that it isn't proper electronic for trial and cravler truck like this one
Aug 16, 2018, 03:43 PM
I’m selling mine, practically brand new with castle crawler system and lots of extras, pm me if interested.
Aug 16, 2018, 05:05 PM
Have you seen my LVC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jym73 View Post
Ho yes, 1900kv castle slate sensored It seems powerful enough with the stock motor though.
I thought this was a motor designed for 1/10 crawlers? Low KV, 540 size (1406) - yeah, it is brushless, but pretty mild for a brushless motor.
Aug 16, 2018, 08:51 PM
I have the sport version and it's a awesome truck!

check out my youtube videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/shenlonco
Aug 17, 2018, 01:22 AM
Car Bashing
Quote:
I thought this was a motor designed for 1/10 crawlers? Low KV, 540 size (1406) - yeah, it is brushless, but pretty mild for a brushless motor.
It seems too much torque for the stock CVD already. It seems this coming from too high steering angle also.

Quick Reply