Tricopter issues - RC Groups
Aug 25, 2017, 10:56 PM
Help!

Tricopter issues

I build a tricopter with naze 32, i calibrate ESC and configure everything then i notice that motor 1 and motor 2 run in the same direction but in the cleanflight setup motor 1 and 3 are the ones that is suposed to run in the same direction and when i try to takeoff the tricopter go upside down, because the motor 2 has to much power i guess...my questioin is how can i fix it? and the motor direction is the problem? I appreciate the help

Sorry if I do not write correctly I speak English but my language is Spanish..
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2017, 12:25 AM
Swap two wires from esc to motor to change direction.
Aug 28, 2017, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariaAQ
Swap two wires from esc to motor to change direction.
thanks for repply...the problem was the motor 2 and the motor 3 are exchanged.
Aug 28, 2017, 04:00 PM
Now i have a new problem..when i use acro mode all works well, drone flies smootly, but when i use the angle or horizon mode the drone loss control and wobbles very hard i dont know why ? PIDs are well tuning because in acro mode flies very good...the problem is that my tri is big and heavy and in acro mode is dificult to control it gains to much speed and i want it for aerial video not for race ,,,,, i use cleanflight 2.1.0 naze 32 rev 6 full, ESC are calibrated as well accelerometers and mag..
Aug 28, 2017, 08:39 PM
I think better with Inav Configurator for Aerial Photography copter.
Using onboard mag or external mag? Magnetometer should stay away from high current sources, (esc, pdb, batt, high current wires..)

My choices for AP purposes = APM and Pixhawk, a lot of features you can set in Mission Planner. I use mini APM + Neo-6M GPS on AP tricopter with superb result..
Aug 28, 2017, 09:07 PM
You can see here in my tricopter design, FC (dark blue) and GPS + compass (green) position, keep them away from high current sources (red). All the wires inside aluminum tubes.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...able-Tricopter
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ith-ZTW-BW2212
Aug 30, 2017, 03:17 PM
Quote:
I think better with Inav Configurator for Aerial Photography copter.
Using onboard mag or external mag? Magnetometer should stay away from high current sources, (esc, pdb, batt, high current wires..)

My choices for AP purposes = APM and Pixhawk, a lot of features you can set in Mission Planner. I use mini APM + Neo-6M GPS on AP tricopter with superb result..
I use the FC onboard mag , in my mount motors wires pass under the FC i think you are right ,when the motor runs,the current that pass over this wires will affect magnetometer function,,.i will try to fix this and make a test..
Aug 30, 2017, 04:03 PM
Quote:
You can see here in my tricopter design, FC (dark blue) and GPS + compass (green) position, keep them away from high current sources (red). All the wires inside aluminum tubes.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...able-Tricopter
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ith-ZTW-BW2212
Thanks for sharing your desing, looks very nice and perfect for AP ,i actually use wood arms but i think i can use aluminium tubes.
this is the first drone that i build thats why i use entry level components.
Aug 30, 2017, 09:12 PM
I use aluminum tubes to reduce magnetic interference that came from high current wires, and use as a heatsink for diy pdb/bec.. also lighter and stiffer compared to solid wood.