Auto g-2 death spiral - RC Groups
Aug 25, 2017, 12:44 PM
Question

Auto g-2 death spiral

What causes the death spiral in the Durafly auto g-2?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 25, 2017, 02:37 PM
Normally the one in control of the transmitter
Aug 25, 2017, 04:39 PM
Mike's Ma Maaaaaaaaan
I think that this will be the new Mike thread...............

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...p?2566686-Mike
Aug 25, 2017, 04:56 PM
This was a sincere question. There are more factors involved than just "pilot error". If you can't give a helpful answer, I'll close the thread now.
Aug 25, 2017, 10:59 PM
Maybe because its made in China, and you didn't purchase a chippy?
Seriously,I have no idea because I have never flown an auto gee.
Aug 26, 2017, 02:20 AM
To be honest it could be a number of things but my punt would be slowing rotor speed causing the retreating blade to stall and stop lifting. Advancing one does lift pitching model violently towards retreating blade- spirals in with pilot surprised and shocked/ frozen while it happens.....

Which way did it pitch in. As suggested or the other ??
Aug 26, 2017, 06:33 AM
Mike's Ma Maaaaaaaaan
Exactly, you posted 'how long is a piece of string', if you honestly sincerely think that anyone is going to sit down and re-write this thread :-

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...r-Aerodynamics

for you on the strength of such a broad comment?

Search??? Read???? Ask in the Auto-G thread??????????

Give us more information, what was the model doing before it 'death spiraled', what do you mean by 'death Spiral', can you fly, can you fly AG's, had the model flown????????
Aug 26, 2017, 07:55 AM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spelunker
This was a sincere question. There are more factors involved than just "pilot error". If you can't give a helpful answer, I'll close the thread now.
I'll need more information.
What do you mean by death spiral?
Did you crash, or did it just go out of control and you got it back?
Were you turning? Which way were you turning? (yes it matters).
Are you keeping things coordinated with the rudder?

You haven't given us much to work with.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Aug 26, 2017, 12:13 PM

searches for this issue

Just so you all know, I have done searches for this issue and have read articles. Most of the reading was theory and not much practical use. I looked for an Auto-G thread and found none. Maybe it was the way I searched. Sorry for putting you out and forcing some of you to submit answers that were snarky and of no help.