Sep 17, 2019, 11:31 PM
Addicted to my hobby
What's the lowest discharge rating I would need if I'm running a Power 46 and a 13x8 prop? Power 52 and 14x6 prop? I'm going to try a TP pro lite battery with a 25c rating.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2019, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eihoward
Take a look at this website, you might find out an equivalent motor, at a reasonable price.

I have a couple of Leopard motors, no problems so far.
Thanks
Sep 19, 2019, 09:33 PM
Would anyone know how much dihedral is on this plane ? I have having a SIG Komander built and would like a similar dihedral.

Thank you for your reply.
Sep 19, 2019, 11:16 PM
MorE t0Yz iz m0Re gO0dER
I'm not sure, not much.
Sep 20, 2019, 02:16 AM
Wings are flat straight accross.
Sep 20, 2019, 07:54 AM
MorE t0Yz iz m0Re gO0dER
I agree
Oct 06, 2019, 12:57 AM
We shall serve the Lord
First flights on my new Valiant 10cc today, I was very pleased. My setup is a Saito FG-14C on a 14x6 MAS Scimitar prop for out of sight vertical performance. 10 minute flight and still had over a half tank of fuel left in the 8 ounce fuel tank.

The only issues I had with the build was the wing tube was a bit too long and bottomed out before the wings were flush with the fuselage. I also replaced the wing bolts with new ones that had threads all the way to the bolt head to allow the wings to tighten all the way to the fuselage. I had to reglue the wing blind nuts as they came loose after the first wing disassembly.

I did get a bit creative with the engine cowling though. I blocked off the stock openings and cut out the lower cowl directly in front of the engine cylinder to provide direct airflow over the cylinder head. The Saito is very happy with this setup.

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Oct 06, 2019, 02:45 AM
Sounds good. How did your cg work out with the Saito 14c and are you running 20:1 fuel ratio?
Oct 06, 2019, 11:31 PM
We shall serve the Lord
I'm using a single 2200 LiFe RX/Ignition battery located to the rear of the cabin area between the elevator and rudder servos. CG is just right with this battery location. Yes, I'm running 20:1 Red Line Racing Oil in 100 LL Aviation Gasoline.

McD
Oct 07, 2019, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsflyer
I'm using a single 2200 LiFe RX/Ignition battery located to the rear of the cabin area between the elevator and rudder servos. CG is just right with this battery location. Yes, I'm running 20:1 Red Line Racing Oil in 100 LL Aviation Gasoline.

McD
Thanks. Mine would reach peak rpm when in the air but I had trouble getting it to peak on the ground. What kind of a needle setting did you find the best for the low and high needles? Also if you don't mind what prop have you found to work the best?
Oct 08, 2019, 08:40 PM
We shall serve the Lord
I'm flying a MAS 14x6 Scimitar prop and the needle is set for peak of 8800 RPM on the ground. Needle is about 1 turn out. I have not touched the low speed needle, so I don't know where it is set.

McD
Oct 08, 2019, 09:08 PM
AMA District VII AVP
That's strange. Iirc the manual gives direction to adjust low speed at breakin as its not preset
Oct 08, 2019, 11:05 PM
The 14C manual I havr indicates the low needle comes preset from the factory. Im currently not far off manual settings. Probably within 1/8 turn. Great motor in this airframe!

Kingsflyer, post a pic of your cowl.
Oct 09, 2019, 10:52 AM
We shall serve the Lord
Here are some shots of the cowl cutout for my Valiant 10cc. I 'm using a 90 degree exhaust diverter to bring the muffler tube directly out of the cowl. I've blocked off the two "scale" cowl inlets by the prop with Dollar Tree foam.

McD
Oct 10, 2019, 12:22 AM
Thanks for all the input and the pics are great. This is my 1st gas. I have reset my needles according to the manual (a few times) but the manual seems a little sketchy as to which engine it is referring to in some areas and 7.5 turns for the slow needle seems like a lot. I've tried using one of the manual tachs but it is anything but consistent and even though I am using 2 blades it seems to be more effective on the 4 blade setting. What is the best way to get consistent and accurate tach readings on this engine?

Quick Reply