Hangar 9 Valiant 10cc ARF - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Hangar 9 Valiant 10cc ARF

The all new Valiant 10cc retains the great flight characteristics of it's big brother, in a more compact and affordable size. It can be powered by a 10cc gas engine or a suitable electric setup.

Splash

A Wood Built-Up Valiant That's Gas or Electric Ready!

Horizon Hobby has just announced version-3 of their popular Valiant airframe, and this time is a 10cc in a predominantly red trim scheme. The Hangar 9 Valiant 10cc is designed to have all the exceptional flight characteristics of it's larger giant-scale brother, but can take advantage of a smaller and more affordable 10cc gas engine, or equivalent electric power setup. Just like the larger Valiant and small E-flite foam Valiant, the 10cc version is ready for floats, making it a great addition to your growing hangar.

The Valiant 10cc sports a 69" wingspan and an all-balsa and lite-ply construction. It's covered in red and white Ultracote and includes a spinner, electric conversion motor mount, fiberglass cowl and wheel pants, and painted aluminum main gear. The Valiant 10cc retails for $249.99, and is scheduled for availability in late September, 2017.

CLICK HERE for more info on the Hangar 9 Valiant 10cc.

Features:

• Expertly constructed with lightweight, laser-cut balsa and plywood
  • Two-piece, cantilevered plug-in wing makes field assembly fast
  • Functional flaps expand the flight envelope and add STOL capability
  • Wide-track, painted aluminum landing gear for outstanding ground handling
  • Large front hatch provides easy access and fast flight battery changes
  • Painted fiberglass cowl and wheel pants
  • Crystal-clear canopy and side windows
  • Read to fly from water with the recommended float accessories (sold separately)
  • Easy to maintain, genuine Hangar 9® UltraCote® covering
  • Designed around the Evolution® 10cc gasoline engine
  • Electric motor mount included makes EP installation simple
  • Complete hardware kit includes a matching spinner

Aug 24, 2017, 10:07 AM
Found my new plane. Comes out right around my birthday. Perfect timing. Think a 60 size electric motor would work with a 5/6 cell battery?
Seems like a big plane to use a 46 size motor. Reminds me of my Sig Senior Kadet Sport.
Don't want a another trainer plane.

Very nice plane though.
Aug 24, 2017, 10:10 AM
DFS#000178
!!!

A balsa ARF from Horizon?!

Did hell just freeze over or something? Is this the eclipse's fault?

It looks fantastic! I personally would've preferred something in the 25e-size range but this is close enough! I think I'm gonna have to get this.
Aug 24, 2017, 10:21 AM
Would be a nice brother to my Sig TClips 70 that has a Evo 10 in it.
Aug 24, 2017, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobinseattle
Perfect timing. Think a 60 size electric motor would work with a 5/6 cell battery
I think a 60 size motor would be alright but not very scale. Might be a good option if opting for floats.

I'm wondering if the O.S. 56fs-a I have sitting on my bench will be a good fit. The manual says 2 stroke - 10cc and 4 stroke - 10cc. The O.S. is 9.32cc so I am thinking that would give me pretty scale performance.

Really liking the flaps they used on this.
Aug 24, 2017, 10:26 AM
DFS#000178
Manual calls for a Power 46 670kv as the electric option.

Which is just perfect because I happen to have one.
Aug 24, 2017, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessebartman
I think a 60 size motor would be alright but not very scale. Might be a good option if opting for floats.

I'm wondering if the O.S. 56fs-a I have sitting on my bench will be a good fit. The manual says 2 stroke - 10cc and 4 stroke - 10cc. The O.S. is 9.32cc so I am thinking that would give me pretty scale performance.

Really liking the flaps they used on this.
It should, since the OS 56 would have more power as glow egine, than my evo 10 gasser does.
Last edited by GSXR1000; Aug 24, 2017 at 11:10 AM.
Aug 24, 2017, 10:46 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobinseattle
Found my new plane. Comes out right around my birthday. Perfect timing. Think a 60 size electric motor would work with a 5/6 cell battery?
Seems like a big plane to use a 46 size motor. Reminds me of my Sig Senior Kadet Sport.
Don't want a another trainer plane.

Very nice plane though.
Sounds like excessive power. Don't judge model size by wingspan alone, gotta look at wing area, consider weight and the type of airplane it is. The Valiant has a fairly high aspect ratio and is built light. Power 46 or 52 should be perfect on 4S, just as they have specified.
Aug 24, 2017, 10:50 AM
Sounds good, thanks. Looking forward to the video. Always wanted a Valiant after I saw a Hanger 9 Valiant fly one time.
Aug 24, 2017, 10:50 AM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
Sounds like excessive power. Don't judge model size by wingspan alone, gotta look at wing area, consider weight and the type of airplane it is. The Valiant has a fairly high aspect ratio and is built light. Power 46 or 52 should be perfect on 4S, just as they have specified.
I'm very quickly falling in love with the idea of this.

I've got a ton of 4,000 and 5,000 MAh 4S packs just sitting around.

There's too much cool stuff coming out this quarter! I really think I'm going to need this. This is exactly what I wanted the EFlite Valiant to be.

And it's got slotted flaps too..

Just take my money already.
Aug 24, 2017, 11:10 AM
Yawn...another trainer. Enough already bring on the warbirds H9.
Aug 24, 2017, 12:02 PM
i have the small one and the valiant is not a trainer it is a very sporty airplane. i will always have a form of a valiant in my hangar. im for sure buying one of these.
Aug 24, 2017, 12:22 PM
What I would really like to see is some .46 size warbirds from H9. I know they have had some in the past but nothing smaller than 30cc recently. 30cc is just too big and expensive for a lot of people's needs.

And yes, I know that Phoenix Models and VQ have a lot in this category but I have always been a fan of H9 quality so I would like to see them compete in this segment.
Aug 24, 2017, 02:24 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodi11
Yawn...another trainer. Enough already bring on the warbirds H9.
Not everything high-wing is a trainer.
Aug 24, 2017, 03:52 PM
UAS Pilot - FAA# *******HRK
SERIOUSLY !!!!

Man I'm never going to save any money...... Hahahaha, I already pre-ordered the PT-17 and there is no way I'm going to be able stop thinking about this one.

I guess there are worse problems to have,
Mike