Nov 10, 2004, 10:43 PM
Smoothchat,
Just found the post, what a mission that was.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=361

Grant
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2004, 10:51 PM
My member is not
Hi Grant and Smoothchat,
Grant, congrats on the 1st BladeRunner in OZ
Smoothchat, if it helps, you can also buy it from HeliHobby here http://www.helihobby.com/html/rc_helicopter_toys.html .
I've bought stuff from them before, usually get it to Melbourne within a week.
Cheers
Nov 10, 2004, 11:04 PM
Hals und Beinbruch !!!!
Just a thought, mine is a second gen and have the normal left yaw issue. I bent in more pitch on the top blades and that did help. I have read everything on here and didn't want to jump the gun on bending anything overly so i added very small scotch tape trim tabs on the upper bade tips. This way i can adjust the tiny pitch needed to center the trim. Just an idea, i know there will be some losses in efficiency but this gets me by for now. Can someone post the link to the mods pdf? Thanks, LH
Nov 11, 2004, 12:14 AM

Where's the best place to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcdonal
I did a search on buy.com and noticed the BR is available on-line from the following;
QVC, KB Toys, Sears, Circut City.

I called all of the local stores above and no one had it.

t.i.a.
Only got 1 reply to this, Where's the current best place to but in the USA?
Nov 11, 2004, 12:16 AM

ZipZap parts for the BR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave420
does radio shack carry any motor that I can strip the brushes out of?
Got me thinking about Radio Shack and ZipZap parts. So I went looking. Here are a few pages that have potential.
http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=60-7546
http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...%5Fid=60-7521#
http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=60-7532
http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=60-7539
http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=60-8502

Anybody know more about the ZipZap line?
Is there a BR motor or pinion gear (10 tooth, mod 0.4) among the ZipZap parts?

Ooops! Swilson is the one who mentioned ZipZap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilson50
Radio shack just got in a shipment of 3 (M) motors for their Monstor truck Zip Zaps. While these are the smaller (M) motors, they are in three different windings. I tested them as
3.5 ohms
2.7 ohms
2 ohms
Later, Mitch
Last edited by msburko; Nov 11, 2004 at 12:39 AM.
Nov 11, 2004, 01:16 AM

Carbon brushes

I guess that it had to happen. One of my motors gave out. When I opened it, the three fingers were just about amputated. The commutator is also very badly scored from the fingers. I had a couple GWS EDP-20 motors, so I thought that I would try them. They have CARBON BRUSHES and they are rated 7.2 V. I put them in and it wouldn't lift with the 340 lipoly, so I switched to 2 140 lipolies in series. Wow, did it lift off, but the batteries got very hot very quickly. So, I switched the caps to use the carbon brushes on the BR factory case and arm. Just be very careful when re-inserting the com between the carbon brushes. NOTE: you will have to reverse the motor wires. The carbon brushes are bent in reverse from the finger brushes. (guess how I know.) Anyway, it flies fantastic. I'll seat the brushes with a couple of 1/4 throttle battery cycles. Until Petter or Paul G. can get us some carbon brush motors with the correct winds, this looks like a LONG TERM FIX.
You can get the motors GWS EDP-20 from serveral places including Balsa Products (www.balsapr.com). They're a bit pricy at about $10.50 each.

For those checking the zip zaps, forget it. The coreless motors aren't strong enough and the Zip Zap Monstor trucks are a M motor, not N (smaller than the N). They also have finger brushes.
There is one other possibility. Check the thread about Super 7 mm coreless motors. Toys R Us carries a motor upgrade kit for some of their cars and it includes 2 very hot 7 mm motors. Some of the fixed wing guys claim that the red or orange ( I don't remember which) is about as strong as a M or N. But, they still have fingers for brushes.
Stan in Dodge City
Nov 11, 2004, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcdonal
Only got 1 reply to this, Where's the current best place to but in the USA?
It appears from posts in this thread that the Blue and Purple from QVC are the latest production currently available.
Nov 11, 2004, 03:23 AM
I just picked up a pair of BRs from Sears online...they are 'old' models (date code on the box is 0704) and exhibit the short flying time, leave for a minute and get another 30 seconds syndrome.

I want to replace the Lipos with Kokam 340 / 360s... where is a good place to buy these in the US (here with my brother for the next week or so) or in Singapore maybe? Where are you folks buying the Kokams from?

Tried searching for these cells and struggling to find anyone who lists them specifically - except and Australian dealer.

Thanks....
Nov 11, 2004, 07:06 AM
heli addict
I too have one of the first models...0704....and with the "bug" and "cat killer" mod I get between 5 to 10 minutes on a charge with the stock battery. So don't let the early models scare you. With these mods the br really comes alive. It shoots up like a rocket and is very responsive. I have over 2 weeks of flying with around 3 to 4 flights a day and "knock on the ole wood" all is still well. I also got one of the newer blue/white ones from QVC. To tell the truth, without any mods on the new one, I almost prefer the older one. Don't get me wrong, the new one is very smooth, but still needs some mods to make it more responsive.
Nov 11, 2004, 07:11 AM
heli addict
[QUOTE=Kwok_Yu]I think the BR can be made highly manuverable with weight shift. I don't have the room to try this but maybe someone can give this a try. Make your BR nose heavy and see if it zooms around at a fast pace, with no rotor strikes. I think a powerful fan will induce ocillations and rotor strikes.

I have made canopies from various pop bottles that weigh any where from 1 to 1.5 grams. This makes the br nose heavy and really increases forward flight, but the trade off is shorter flying times.
Nov 11, 2004, 09:15 AM
Full Throttle and No Regrets!
I get 6-7 mins solid on the 0704 stamp date BR and it flies like a beauty, just bothers me when I have to butcher it for new brushes all the time......Need better motors in this toy quality item....may make the little ones very unhappy....
Nov 11, 2004, 09:22 AM
How many motor end caps have you changed eyes99? Just wondering...
You must fly it very often? I know it's a blast!!!

Also, my digital gram scale is for mixing paint. It goes to 4 decimal points on the right side for accuracy. Silly accurate! My modified BR is 46 grams total and the purple QVC one is 50.02 stock. After I shoot pics of it I intend to lighten it up and see what I gets.

Ron Osinski
aka - GMRO
Nov 11, 2004, 09:43 AM
heli addict
hey GMRO...have you tried removing the heat shrink off of the tail?
Nov 11, 2004, 11:20 AM
No I have not tried that trick. I may need to look at that too. <G>

Thanks!
Nov 11, 2004, 11:25 AM
heli addict
Me too. It seems to be a slight bit tail heavy.

Quick Reply