Vtx dropouts - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 23, 2017, 04:55 AM
Question

Vtx dropouts

Hello. I have recently got the dji550 hex running eagle tree vector. I got it second hand off eBay so didn't build it myself.
I am using a brand new 3s 3000 mah but as soon as I give any power my video signal drops out until I start to hover? I will be running 2 3s 3000mah batteries in parallel soon but is there a way I can power my vtx on its own and still have the osd display? I tried last night but it wouldn't work :/ I'm used to race quads do all the vector stuff is new to me. My vtx is a 600mw immersion RC.
Thank you
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2017, 11:04 AM
Do you know if it is losing power or simply losing signal?

How do you have the vector setup regarding the 5v / 12v taps? That TX needs the 12v setup, 5v won't be enough for it (its rated 6v min).

If it is already setup for 12v (test it with multimeter) then what else is on those 5v/12v outs? The vector can only supply 1amp - what camera are you using? Do you have anything else powered by vector? How is RX powered on the quad? Pictures of wiring might help.

Note: Parallel batteries will not help if its browning out / losing power all you are doing is doubling the mAH. If you want to power it without the vector simply tap in to the battery lines and route it to the TX, the 600mw TX is rated upto 25v, no problems to directly connect it to the battery. If you want the amp draw to be taken into account by the vectors current sensors tap into the main battery line to your ESC's AFTER the Vector PSU (i.e. between PSU and the ESC, not between Battery and PSU).
Last edited by thebatfink; Aug 31, 2017 at 11:15 AM.