Jumper T8SG Multi-Protocol 2.4G 10CH Compact Transmitter with 4 in 1 module - Page 24 - RC Groups
Nov 10, 2017, 05:18 PM
Wanton construction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge Roth
Don't they? I just received 7 2s 350mah batteries , send via Sweden, BTW.
What the hell?
I consistently get the message "this item can not ship to your location" when viewing batteries on BG.
I have to rely on HK or Ebay or LHS.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2017, 06:11 PM
Batteries (LiPos) are available for Poland via Sweden Post only.
Now i'm concerned. If i will buy Q X7 then i will have to update to hall gimbals, right? Then it will be like 75$ more than jumper with hall gimbals, if they keep hall gimbals jumper price around 80$. Or should i buy Q X7 and use standart gimbals?
Nov 11, 2017, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouncer
Banggood won't ship lithium batteries to Europe, sadly.
It is not that generally.
I have never had problems getting Lipo's from Banggood, in fact they are almost always send with Sweden post ironically....
I think your problem might have something to do with Swedish rules.
Sweden Post is used by a lot of shops, not only Banggood to send batteries to several European countries, Netherlands no problem, but Germany for instance impossible.
PostNL only allows international shipping when the batteries are included in the article itself.
Some shops send batteries with China post by train,
Nov 11, 2017, 07:00 AM
Summary of changes from first batch stock T8SG:
* RUD and AIL reversed to comply with common direction for Deviation.
* Rotary knobs (AUX4 and AUX5) direction reversed to comply with common direction for Deviation.
* All four switches SWA, SWB, SWC and SWD reversed to comply with common direction for Deviation.
* Fix switch mapping for foreign model files.

Current changes:
* Add fine frequency tuning option to A7105 protocols, from goebish

T8SG based on devo7e-256 Nightly Builds:
https://www.deviationtx.com/media/ku...2017-11-11.zip
Last edited by vlad_vy; Nov 11, 2017 at 07:09 AM.
Nov 11, 2017, 11:41 AM

effect of updating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad_vy
* RUD and AIL reversed to comply with common direction for Deviation.
* Rotary knobs (AUX4 and AUX5) direction reversed to comply with common direction for Deviation.
* All four switches SWA, SWB, SWC and SWD reversed to comply with common direction for Deviation.
I wonder what the "reversed" thing means - if I copy a model file that works with standard deviation, that would go in the opposite direction with the TS8G stick actions?
And if flashed the new version and reinstalled my current model files to that, the same effect would appear?

Thanks!
Nov 11, 2017, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvhlaw
How do you set the T8SG to actually make the RSSI feed appear in the Receiver page of Betaflight that is being sent by an FrSky XM+ receiver on Ch 16? I have the CLI set to max aux channels = 12, inversion is off, and the T8SG is set to "LastChan" with max channels set to 12 on the T8SG using the FrSky X protocol. Some seem to have succeeded - but how? This works on a Taranis on Channel 16 - but not on the T8SG and I can't find anything in the Deviation Manual that helps.
Has anyone found a solution for this? Or how to enable 16 channels on the Jumper?
Nov 11, 2017, 03:05 PM
Krotow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedgemedgen
Batteries (LiPos) are available for Poland via Sweden Post only.
Now i'm concerned. If i will buy Q X7 then i will have to update to hall gimbals, right? Then it will be like 75$ more than jumper with hall gimbals, if they keep hall gimbals jumper price around 80$. Or should i buy Q X7 and use standart gimbals?
You may update gimbals in Q X7 if you wish to do that. But it is not necessary to keep this radio in working state. I have one of first Q X7 and control with stock gimbals is still great with no other issues except a little (+/- 1..2) jitter for pitch/roll stick (I'm in Mode 2) developed with time. It was removed with deadband set to 2 in BF Receiver tab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llinde
It is not that generally.
I have never had problems getting Lipo's from Banggood, in fact they are almost always send with Sweden post ironically....
I think your problem might have something to do with Swedish rules.
Sweden Post is used by a lot of shops, not only Banggood to send batteries to several European countries, Netherlands no problem, but Germany for instance impossible.
PostNL only allows international shipping when the batteries are included in the article itself.
Some shops send batteries with China post by train,
Free shipping from Chinese online shops usually goes through companies who can offer the cheaper shipping to sending address at time when order is ready. Each of these companies have their own shipping rules and usually shipments are carried by air mail in rented containers. However shipping the LiPo batteries have restrictions due to changes in regulations at 2014 and 2016 which practically exclude shipping by air for assorted LiPo batteries. Because of that many shipping companies doesn't want to mess with specialized battery shipping anymore and doesn't ship them at all. So if you wish to get your batteries to Europe for example you must note in order that batteries must not be shipped by air (it will notice the shop staff to seek a different shipping company for particular order). If you can't get batteries to your country, but have a friends or business in country nearby where you may take your batteries by yourself or by friends, order them to this location. Otherwise you should look for batteries somewhere nearby. In Europe one known source of cheap and not bad batteries is Hobbyking. For me is cheaper to buy in here even with their ridiculous shipping cost than buy them in my country where batteries have near a half larger price than in HK EU shop.
Nov 11, 2017, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotow
However shipping the LiPo batteries have restrictions due to changes in regulations at 2014 and 2016 which practically exclude shipping by air for assorted LiPo batteries. Because of that many shipping companies doesn't want to mess with specialized battery shipping anymore and doesn't ship them at all. So if you wish to get your batteries to Europe for example you must note in order that batteries must not be shipped by air
Shipping by air is not a problem, but it should be in a cargo plane, not in a passenger aircraft.
When you look at the websites of Taobao agents you normally can get lists of shipping options with restrictions.
Swedish Post is one of very few companies that also ship loose Lipo batteries, but maybe Swedish post is not offering it as a cheap provider for transport to Sweden itself. A lot of European post companies offer cheap services to get a marketshare in transport from China to other countries, but not for transport to their own country because they have the idea that is already their market and then they have to do also the delivery to your door which costs them a lot of work with no extra pay.
Nov 11, 2017, 03:57 PM
Wanton construction
Quote:
Originally Posted by llinde
Shipping by air is not a problem, but it should be in a cargo plane, not in a passenger aircraft.
When you look at the websites of Taobao agents you normally can get lists of shipping options with restrictions.
Swedish Post is one of very few companies that also ship loose Lipo batteries, but maybe Swedish post is not offering it as a cheap provider for transport to Sweden itself. A lot of European post companies offer cheap services to get a marketshare in transport from China to other countries, but not for transport to their own country because they have the idea that is already their market and then they have to do also the delivery to your door which costs them a lot of work with no extra pay.
That sounds reasonable since all my shipments from BG to Sweden are carried by *drumroll* Dutch post!
Nov 11, 2017, 04:30 PM
Quote:
That sounds reasonable since all my shipments from BG to Sweden are carried by *drumroll* Dutch post!
And my Banggood shipments are carried by Thai Post, except for the LiPo shipments which are by Sweden Post, which means normal packages are first sent to Bangkok before they go to Amsterdam and the Lipo shipments first go to Malmö before they are transported to Amsterdam.
What kind of world do we live in?
Nov 12, 2017, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie2
I wonder what the "reversed" thing means - if I copy a model file that works with standard deviation, that would go in the opposite direction with the TS8G stick actions?
And if flashed the new version and reinstalled my current model files to that, the same effect would appear?

Thanks!
If you have first batch stock T8SG (firmware devo7e-256-v5.0.0-0ac6094), after flashing new firmware you need change for existing models:
1) reverse RUD and AIL channels
2) reverse AUX4 and AUX5, if used
3) interchange SWx0 and SWx2 switch positions for all four switches.

The second batch T8SG has firmware (t8sg-v5.x.x-2017-10-05) with corrected directions, so you don't need to do any changes to your models.
Last edited by vlad_vy; Nov 12, 2017 at 01:24 AM.
Nov 12, 2017, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad_vy

The second batch T8SG has firmware (t8sg-v5.x.x-2017-10-05) with corrected directions, so you don't need to do any changes to your models.
Thanks, that helps.
Luckily, I have one from the second batch... Any benefits that this would get from flashing now, apart from the freq tuning thing (that currently is not relevant to me, I believe)?
Sorry for perhaps not doing full research on my own first, I am new to this and a bit lost most of the time...
Last edited by Robbie2; Nov 12, 2017 at 04:36 AM.
Nov 12, 2017, 08:05 AM
* Fix switch mapping for foreign model files.
The firmware newer than t8sg-v5.x.x-2017-10-05 also include proper switch mapping and you can use model and template files from other Devo transmitters. Otherwise you will get "AUX5" for all switches.

With exception that all "DR" switches mapped to "SWD".

Switch mapping scheme:
("DR0", SWD0)
("DR1", SWD1)
("RUD DR0", SWD0)
("RUD DR1", SWD1)
("ELE DR0", SWD0)
("ELE DR1", SWD1)
("AIL DR0", SWD0)
("AIL DR1", SWD1)
("FMODE0", SWA0)
("FMODE1", SWA1)
("FMODE2", SWA2)
("MIX0", SWC0)
("MIX1", SWC1)
("MIX2", SWC2)
("GEAR0", SWB0)
("GEAR1", SWB1)

I hope that all T8SG related quirks are fixed started from firmware t8sg-v5.x.x-2017-11-08.
Last edited by vlad_vy; Nov 12, 2017 at 08:16 AM.
Nov 12, 2017, 11:09 AM
Reap the wild wind
The decision to update or not update will also come down to the protocols you want to fly. I had to update my Devo to a newer "nightly" build even though I already had the protocol enabled. That's because the toy quad was using a slightly modified version which was needed before it would bind.
There's a couple of my club mates interested in this TX especially after seeing how good my BoldClash Bwhoop B03 goes on 125% rates. One word,mental!
It's lapping about twice the speed of everything else. They fly Mode 1 but looks like it's fairly easy to change mechanically
Andy
Nov 13, 2017, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Banggood won't ship lithium batteries to Europe, sadly.

How about stuffing a pair of Panasonic 18650's in there?
Can find some 3400mAH locally.
negative , 18650's won't fit . i just tried .