Jumper T8SG Multi-Protocol 2.4G 10CH Compact Transmitter with 4 in 1 module - Page 2 - RC Groups
Aug 27, 2017, 03:51 AM
What abour telemetry ?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2017, 09:39 AM
Risto Hölttä - F3A/P Team FIN
OK, thanks guys for the clarification. I did not know about the rather significant differences to the Walkera radio. Still, the naming and external appearance are a bit silly but I may have to forgive that since the radio seems to have a pretty nice feature set for small indoor models and such.
Aug 28, 2017, 10:19 AM
Build and rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by michel49
What abour telemetry ?
Michel: AFAIK, Deviation firmware on the Devo 7e supports FrSky telemetry (but not DSMX telemetry). Since the T8SG appears to be based on the Devo 7e electronics and will run the same version of Deviation firmware, I expect that it will support FrSky telemetry as well.
Aug 28, 2017, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm
Michel: AFAIK, Deviation firmware on the Devo 7e supports FrSky telemetry (but not DSMX telemetry). Since the T8SG appears to be based on the Devo 7e electronics and will run the same version of Deviation firmware, I expect that it will support FrSky telemetry as well.
Since it is based on the so called "Ultimate 7E", i.e. it has a larger microcontroller then the original 7E, it should have all the telemetry features of deviation...
Aug 29, 2017, 02:58 AM
ltwvince,you are so fast to get the machine.
Aug 29, 2017, 04:20 AM
FPV addict
Transmitter with built in 4 in 1 module... Looks great.
Aug 29, 2017, 04:35 AM
tHe n00b on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGjim
ltwvince,you are so fast to get the machine.
I wish I already had it on hand to test it, the pictures are from dc59 deviationtx forum member.

I wouldn't mind to do a review on this. It will be good to compare with my modded Devo 7E and Devo 12E.
Aug 29, 2017, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltwvince
I wish I already had it on hand to test it, the pictures are from dc59 deviationtx forum member.

I wouldn't mind to do a review on this. It will be good to compare with my modded Devo 7E and Devo 12E.
I misunderstood your post.
There will be.Patient.
Aug 29, 2017, 06:58 AM
RC-addicted
dc59 wrought, that they are moving the USB connector to a better spot, accessible trough the battery door. Better, much better.
Oh, and those gimbals get some TLC as well, it seems.
Aug 29, 2017, 08:52 AM
Build and rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge Roth
dc59 wrought, that they are moving the USB connector to a better spot, accessible trough the battery door. Better, much better.
Oh, and those gimbals get some TLC as well, it seems.
That's good to hear, Serge! I hope the photos that dc59 shared on his blog were of a pre-production unit. That could explain the shortcomings on gimbals and USB port.

BGjim: Can you say anything about improved location of USB port and, most importantly, about improved quality gimbals?

To be honest, I would gladly pay a 50 percent higher price for a higher quality, multi-protocol, compact TX. This is a big gap in the market for adult travelers as well as advanced kids, and I am thankful that BG/Jumper is starting to address it.
Sep 01, 2017, 03:30 AM
Quote:
BGjim: Can you say anything about improved location of USB port and, most importantly, about improved quality gimbals?

To be honest, I would gladly pay a 50 percent higher price for a higher quality, multi-protocol, compact TX. This is a big gap in the market for adult travelers as well as advanced kids, and I am thankful that BG/Jumper is starting to address it.
I can feedback to the factory.
Maybe there will be more multi-protocol TXs like this in the future.Same with receiver.
Last edited by BGjim; Sep 01, 2017 at 03:51 AM.
Sep 01, 2017, 03:36 AM
tHe n00b on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGjim
I can feedback to the factory.
Maybe there are more multi-protocol TXs like this in the future.Same with receiver.
Also, we need at least 2x 3-position switches with 2x 2-position switches instead of all 4x 2-position switches.
Sep 01, 2017, 03:43 AM
I wish a larger screen fitted on the top of the Tx, more comfortable to take a glance on telemetry during the flight.
Sep 01, 2017, 08:11 AM
Oldie, not Moldie
Just saw this thread. If this thing comes out with decent gimbals and having all the mods of a 7E already done to make it "Ultimate"... It'll be a no brainer to pick one up.
Sep 03, 2017, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Looks like all the stock switches are 2-position, like on the Devo 7e.
The switches are connected with 3 wires - maybe because of 3 positions. For 2 positions 2 wire is enough.