Jumper T8SG Multi-Protocol 2.4G 10CH Compact Transmitter with 4 in 1 module - Page 11 - RC Groups
Sep 24, 2017, 06:46 PM
Quote:
I guess BG is like the airlines.
Better be nice, then!
Video shows a passenger forcibly dragged off a United Airlines plane (1 min 52 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2017, 07:59 PM
tHe n00b on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurnet
Why want you use AA battery? you can buy a 2S lipo instead and use it. Lucky they provide a JST plug for 2S lipo in this transmitter.
Why won't you? I use Eneloop with all my Devo TX and I prefer to use AA instead of lipo since I'm one of those who just want to put in the battery and forget about it.
Sep 24, 2017, 11:36 PM

It lives!

Quote:
Its not an hardware problem but a software problem.
Your transmitter stuck in USB mode because most probably can't read the file system in the usb storage.
Just plug your tx on the usb computer port and format the usb storage.
Then reinstall the deviation software as described in section 11 of the Jumper manual.
Its a common problem related the deviation software. Search threads in in the deviation forum, you will find many, some examples here down:
https://www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-...-mode-devo-12s
https://www.deviationtx.com/forum/st...ck-in-usb-mode.
Thank you for the (accurate and very helpful) suggestion - reflashed with latest T8SG test build and reformatted the (corrupted) filesystem and copied over all the files (from the deviation T8SG builds forum).

My L'il Jumper is back in business!
Sep 25, 2017, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssayer
Wow again! It says, "Power supply: 4*AA or 2S Lipo". No where does it say that they supply either (and they obviously don't). So, which spec exactly is not as advertised?
It just is NOT possible to use 4AA batteries as power supply, I don't expect the AA batteries included, but when you put in your specs that it accepts AA batteries it should accept it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssayer
You do realize that it's not a "stock" transmitter, so it's going to need some input/programming/whatever from you, right??

What were you thinking when you bought it??
I certainly realize it is not a stock transmitter, I have already a long time experience with a deviated Devo 10. My point is that it is impossible to reach the USB port in a normal way without unscrewing the TX which might void warranty, so it can be programmed in an easy way....
Sep 25, 2017, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by llinde
I certainly realize it is not a stock transmitter, I have already a long time experience with a deviated Devo 10. My point is that it is impossible to reach the USB port in a normal way without unscrewing the TX which might void warranty, so it can be programmed in an easy way....
I would use an USB extension cable like this:
https://www.banggood.com/24cm-90-Min...l?rmmds=search
Sep 25, 2017, 02:33 AM
Question; does the Jumper do BayangToys straight out of the box?
Sep 25, 2017, 06:40 AM
If you can find the Bayang Toy in the supported models list, then yes:
https://www.deviationtx.com/wiki/supported_models
Sep 25, 2017, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad_vy
If you can find the Bayang Toy in the supported models list, then yes:
https://www.deviationtx.com/wiki/supported_models
It's there.
Thank you! I'll might just have to take my chances with a Jumper.
Sep 25, 2017, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgerunr
Thank you for the (accurate and very helpful) suggestion - reflashed with latest T8SG test build and reformatted the (corrupted) filesystem and copied over all the files (from the deviation T8SG builds forum).

My L'il Jumper is back in business!
Glad to helped you to resolve your issue. I think should be useful for all Jumper future users if you post here a detailed step by step process you did.
and what software and version you used.
I am sure in the future some others will meet this problem.
Sep 25, 2017, 09:38 AM

Simulator port

Read somewhere that the T8SG is out of the box ready for the simulator.
Is there any port for the simulator or just need to use the usb port?
Sep 25, 2017, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Read somewhere that the T8SG is out of the box ready for the simulator.
Is there any port for the simulator or just need to use the usb port?
According to this and looking at some pictures, PPM port is next to the antenna.
All you need is audio cable and USB dongle, like this

Any word on updated gimbals? Next shipment from BG should go out on October 9th. Will that batch have uploaded gimbals that have been mentioned?
Sep 25, 2017, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentException
According to this and looking at some pictures, PPM port is next to the antenna.

Any word on updated gimbals? Next shipment from BG should go out on October 9th. Will that batch have uploaded gimbals that have been mentioned?
After plugging in the cable and dongle, you'll also need to setup and save a simulator slot (name it simulator). For that slot, you'll need to enter its Model setup page, and select PPM, and then click on Re-Init. The dongle should then recognize the transmitter. I've been using my T8SG with FPV Freerider (and it does work very well with it :-).
Sep 25, 2017, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Thanks so much, I will go to purchase that dongle

Quote:
Next shipment from BG should go out on October 9th.
In Gearbest my status order today is changed from "processing" to "Packed" so I guess should come shipped shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t00nz843z
After plugging in the cable and dongle, you'll also need to setup and save a simulator slot (name it simulator). For that slot, you'll need to enter its Model setup page, and select PPM, and then click on Re-Init. The dongle should then recognize the transmitter. I've been using my T8SG with FPV Freerider (and it does work very well with it :-).
nice to know the setup procedure.
Thanks
Sep 25, 2017, 01:40 PM
That is not necessary. When connecting the USB port to your PC it will work with a simulator out of the box! Just select protocol USBHID.
Sep 25, 2017, 01:42 PM
Yeah, you just need to access the USB port for that...