Apr 10, 2018, 07:35 AM
All my P1 has LDS with no problem at all. In fact, P1's profile is thicker than P2's, so it shouldn't be a problem on P1.

Does this LDS come prefitted by Samba? Have you talked with them?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 10, 2018, 07:55 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvaro Silgado
All my P1 has LDS with no problem at all. In fact, P1's profile is thicker than P2's, so it shouldn't be a problem on P1.

Does this LDS come prefitted by Samba? Have you talked with them?
No not prefitted but their lds for p2. I have a p2 ship.

Hi Miguel,

We know about it. It's a bit of a problem. The wing has a very thin profile. The aluminum part is slightly visible above the surface.
It is not possible to improve it.
Best
Eva
Apr 10, 2018, 08:08 AM
Mine was prefitted by Samba with servos installed by them, and it's perfect. I've been double checking it, and it doesn't rub or touch the cover at all.

Maybe sanding the case a bit?
Apr 10, 2018, 08:29 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Mine was prefitted by Samba with servos installed by them, and it's perfect. I've been double checking it, and it doesn't rub or touch the cover at all.

Maybe sanding the case a bit?
Well I thought about sanding the metal servo arm cylinder but I'm not going to do it because the part that sticks out is also the screw that tighten the arm onto the spline.

SoaringUSA has provide excellent customer service in trying to resolve problem. I have decided to get the servoman monoblock lds for MKS 6130 and see it can be adapted. It will likely require sanding the end down to fit existing paddle in aileron and modifying hole on lds monoblock but the pins seem to work from an older servoman setup so it might be minor. With this I can use a smaller servo arm or longer linkage to try and get it to fit.

These:

https://www.soaringusa.com/Servo-Fra...6130-Pair.html
Last edited by funkyfreestyler; Apr 10, 2018 at 08:38 AM.
Apr 10, 2018, 09:51 AM
Heavy's good, heavy's reliable
You could just cut a recess in the cover. I had the same issue with another plane and that’s what I did. Much easier than trying to re engineer the linkages.
Apr 10, 2018, 10:16 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDK74
You could just cut a recess in the cover. I had the same issue with another plane and thatís what I did. Much easier than trying to re engineer the linkages.
Well if I these other LDS don't work then I might do something like this, but I sent both the MKS and Samba LDS back today. If the servo arm/cylinders were a little smaller they would have worked no problem. I'm sure that they could have been easily machined to the right size.
Apr 10, 2018, 10:18 PM
Thread OP
Alvaro,

Do you use any aileron/to rudder mixing? I'm guessing no or little based on your aileron differential.

Thanks,
Miguel
Apr 11, 2018, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyfreestyler
Alvaro,

Do you use any aileron/to rudder mixing? I'm guessing no or little based on your aileron differential.

Thanks,
Miguel
No, no rudder mixing on Speed phase, just a bit on Thermal phase.
Apr 11, 2018, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDK74
You could just cut a recess in the cover. I had the same issue with another plane and thatís what I did. Much easier than trying to re engineer the linkages.
Most servo covers are pretty thick so the can be scrapped or sanded on the inside near the LDS.

If you dont mind tape. E.g you tape on you servo covers instead of glue, then you can cut through the cover and tape over that. There never is much clearance in a LDS, especially if you want a lot of flap travel.
Apr 11, 2018, 07:12 AM
I have some Pike Perfection LS models from SUSA, and those have B in the serial numbers. That is a J model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro
Yep, all my models will say B regardless of F,B,J....
Those #s and the B are how we get parts... And Samba will usually have record of the weight of the parts...

Bro
Apr 11, 2018, 12:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
No, no rudder mixing on Speed phase, just a bit on Thermal phase.
Ok, thanks!
Apr 11, 2018, 02:36 PM
Thread OP
So I got the servorahmen frames from SoaringUSA today (great service) and I'm happy to report that the linkages are easily adapted and fit without any issue or clearance issue. The only thing I need to do is figure out if I want to use their 1.5mm pins vs the 1.6mm pins supplied with the airframe. The only reason that I wouldn't use the 1.6 pins is because I'm already reducing the the monoblock linkage at the aileron by 50% width and then I would have to slightly enlarge hole on linkage. The 1.5mm fit without issue in the aileron horn and I was thinking of just adding a drop of CA at each end. There is no slop but it it's looser. If I had to get it out I would put a little ca dissolve on each end and give it a little tap. What do you think 1.5 or 1.6?

I'm actually leaning towards the 1.5 and using CA because I think this would ensure that the plastic linkage is rotating around the pin (saving the g10 from wear) wearing out the plastic linkage first. I will use two different sizes on ailerons vs flaps so that will give me an extra set to replace.
Last edited by funkyfreestyler; Apr 11, 2018 at 03:01 PM.
Apr 12, 2018, 02:07 PM
Hi funkyfreestyler,

I have the same question too I am building an Pike Dynamic by Samba and will use the servorahmen frames with IDS and the gfk horns in the flaps. Donīt know yet if to choose the 1,5mm IDS pin or 1,6mm samba pin. I have the smaler monoblock linkage I thinks its called "midi" version.
I think using the 1.6mm pin is the best solution for no slop in linkage. But a the moment I still have another plane on the workbench so you can test first

Regards Lukas
Apr 12, 2018, 02:26 PM
Thread OP
The 1.5mm worked fine with zero issues and slop. It will grip the plastic nicely without modifying it and I just added a little drop of ca at each end. I'm very happy with the solution. The pin extends a little over the edges but this makes it easier to push out
Apr 14, 2018, 12:10 PM
Thread OP
I will do a quick maiden today and possibly race tomorrow. Any advice on ballast? This is my first F3F ship with ballast system in wings.

Quick Reply