Compass Chronos 700-THE NAKED TRUTH! - RC Groups
Aug 22, 2017, 03:11 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Discussion

Compass Chronos 700-THE NAKED TRUTH!

Watch as Jesse Marlow RC HeLi beats up on his freshly re-built Compass Chronos (with no canopy).

Viewer discretion is advised...

Sun down throw dn compass chronos (6 min 46 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2017, 05:09 PM
why is everyone so quiet in the 3d forum.

these videos are incredible@
Sep 01, 2017, 03:01 PM
The entire heli forum is dead. Bummer. Go view a quad forum. You can't even keep up with all of the posts and things going on.
Sep 09, 2017, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazsound
why is everyone so quiet in the 3d forum.

these videos are incredible@
Unfortunately the heli hobby is on it's lowest point, Most pilots have moved on(retired) or worse moved on to drones.

Also the other is people have seen all the 3D maneuvers, over and over again. It's like watching the same dance over and over again. Hence there's less enthusiasms now days.

Same with heli builds, people are just not interested in watching someone heli build videos or pics, again same old same old dance.... etc etc. It's what I hear from heli pilots time and time again.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the heli pilots here are awesome 3D pilots, hence they know the dance. There's not many heli pilots now days, well not as much as long time ago.

PS yes the videos posted here are incredible.

IMHO helis are more entertaining than the drones. Drones are worse when it comes to the same dance routine. Drones bore the crap out of me. YMMV
Last edited by ChopDrifter; Sep 09, 2017 at 03:30 PM.
Sep 09, 2017, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopDrifter
IMHO helis are more entertaining than the drones. Drones are worse when it comes to the same dance routine. Drones bore the crap out of me. YMMV
Agreed, drone freestyle, even the ones that can fly inverted, is just not even close to heli. They can somehow make a piro flip look boring.

Let's hope the forums are dead from all the heli pilots being busy flying at the end of the summer.
Oct 06, 2017, 10:50 AM
Quadcopters are horrible flying squares that have no flow when they fly and don't even have a front or rear, mentally, a heli is like a flying vehicle a quad is just a object.

So boring to fly but have become so popular because with all the electronic stabilisers any drunk fresh from the pub could get one in the air!

I'm still learning cp but have been flying 4ch fp for quite some time now and as you guys will know, a fp can still be flown very aggressively once you become proficient, I always draw spectators and constantly get comments that they had no idea helis could be flown like that.
most have only ever seen 2 or 3ch kids toy helis actually in the air and seem to think quads are the only 'copter ' that can fly fast or acrobatically.

They all think I'm lying when I tell them cp's can fly inverted and 10X more aggressive than they have seen me flying, I have to get my phone out and show them a YouTube video.

The stunned and amazed look on peoples faces when they see 3d never gets boring lol

With the massive following that flite test have on YouTube, I think it could do our hobby a lot of good if we could persuade them to cover helis more often.