Aug 21, 2017, 04:29 PM
Multirotor geek
Thread OP
Discussion

Law School Professor Pens Essay Explaining How Eclipse Is “Racist”

Quote:
http://conservativetribune.com/law-p...m_campaign=can

That’s at least the take of Brooklyn Law School professor Alice Ristroph, who used a staggering 4,544 words in The Atlantic to explaining why the phenomenon of the moon blocking the sun just wasn’t diverse enough for her tastes.

“On August 21, 2017, a total solar eclipse will arrive mid-morning on the coast of Oregon,” Ristroph writes. “The moon’s shadow will be about 70 miles wide, and it will race across the country faster than the speed of sound, exiting the eastern seaboard shortly before 3 p.m. local time. It has been dubbed the Great American Eclipse, and along most of its path, there live almost no black people.”

Clyde
Aug 21, 2017, 04:36 PM
I smell lithium now
Brooklyn Law School
The Atlantic
Fake schools and fake news
Aug 21, 2017, 04:37 PM

She is using too much

Frigging DRUGS & WEED. Ravings of a unfit lawyer ??
Aug 21, 2017, 06:45 PM
Parrothead Extraordinaire
Just when you thought you knew the definition of stupid.....
Aug 21, 2017, 06:52 PM
Multirotor geek
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gund
Just when you thought you knew the definition of stupid.....
LOL, the left is taking stupid to levels not see in millennia .

Clyde
Aug 21, 2017, 07:05 PM
GTH NFL
The black folks eclipse comes in 2024, St. Louis, Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo among the cities in or close to totality.
Aug 21, 2017, 07:31 PM
I guess it is too much to hope that products of the US education system would recognize a literary device...

Aug 21, 2017, 07:33 PM
Multirotor geek
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_Flyer
The black folks eclipse comes in 2024, St. Louis, Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo among the cities in or close to totality.

Clyde
Aug 21, 2017, 08:05 PM
Keep 'em Flying
More proof education is not intelligence.
Aug 22, 2017, 02:52 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Makes perfect sense and she has an excellent point. People should pay attention to her.
Aug 22, 2017, 02:55 AM
Closed Account
Which was the racist part....

This?

Quote:
and it will race across the country
Aug 22, 2017, 02:59 AM
Figure Nine Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1967
Which was the racist part....

This?
This:

Quote:
It has been dubbed the Great American Eclipse, and along most of its path, there live almost no black people.
Aug 22, 2017, 05:09 AM
GTH NFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
Makes perfect sense and she has an excellent point. People should pay attention to her.
Yes - future eclipses should be banned and fined unless they are inclusive
Aug 22, 2017, 09:22 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
This:
I don't see anything racist in that.... At best a coincidence....

I don't think it was called "great American Eclipse" based on demographics, rather on the path being right across the middle of the US....

But that's me...
Aug 22, 2017, 10:34 AM
Yeah ...The eclipse is like a hot blonde chick being slowly draped in a Burqa. Lol...

Quick Reply