Pylon Practice 8/20/17 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 21, 2017, 12:23 PM
Video

Pylon Practice 8/20/17

Had a great morning of pylon practice yesterday. I was able to get some video by enlisting the help of one of the club members that was out at the field.... enjoy!

Q40 Pylon Racing Practice 8-20-17 (2 min 5 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2017, 08:51 AM
"Have that removed!"
Hey, nice Jeff!

Don't want to come up short at that runway! Getting off the runway anywhere out there results in sand on the engine, right?

I was worried about the races in Phoenix, but had to get out the brake cleaner only once!

Say, what's the plane? I'll take a guess; Proud Bird?

Thanks again!

Tim
Latest blog entry: Latest blog entry
Aug 23, 2017, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRProton
Hey, nice Jeff!

Don't want to come up short at that runway! Getting off the runway anywhere out there results in sand on the engine, right?

I was worried about the races in Phoenix, but had to get out the brake cleaner only once!

Say, what's the plane? I'll take a guess; Proud Bird?

Thanks again!

Tim
You're right! Landing at our field can be challenging, you have to come over the top of the fence by about 3-5ft and set it down on the center of the runway....if you go off the runway it's an engine tear down and cleaning session. If you come in to high or fast then you risk ending up in the fence at the other end of the runway. And yes sir a Proud Bird!