This thread is privately moderated by eihoward, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 21, 2017, 09:51 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Graupner MZ-24 Pro radio programming for a Spektrum Airwave radio user

I plan to document in this entry how to replicate simple Spektrum Airwave radio programming tasks that are a little more elaborate to program in the Graupner MZ-24 Pro radio.// Planeo documentar en esta entrada como replicar programación simple de radios Spektrum Airwave en el Graupner MZ-24 Pro en el cual es un poco mas elaborado hacer algunas cosas.

First, Graupner switches as described in the manual
//Primero, descripción de los interruptores que están disponibles en el Graupner

• 1 two-position switch with long handle (S6)// 1 interruptor de dos posiciones con mango largo
• 1 three-position switch with long handle (S3)// 1 interruptor de tres posiciones con mango largo
• 4 three-position switches with a short handle (S1, S4, S5 and S7)// 4 interruptores de tres posiciones de mango corto
• 2 one-side, self-neutralizing three-position switches with long handle (S2 and S8)// 2 interruptores de tres posiciones con neutralizado automático de un lado
• 2 INC/DEC buttons (DT1 and DT2)// 2 botones de INCrementar/DECrementar
• 2 rear proportional sliders (SL1 and SL2)// 2 controles lineales proporcionales
• 4 proportional dials (DV1 - DV4) // 4 controles rotativos

I did not find this information, before buying the Graupner radio and asked for it, but it is in the manual burried in the information for assigning control to channels. // Esta información no la pude encontrar antes de comprar la radio Graupner y pregunte por ella, pero esta disponible en el manual enterrada en la información para asignar controles a los canales.

Percent to time for Spektrum Radios, as stated by Andy:

On Spektrum and JR radios, 100% range = 1100 to 1900us.
125% = 1000 to 2000us.
150% = 900 to 2100us.

Andy
Last edited by eihoward; Apr 13, 2018 at 03:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2017, 09:52 AM
Thread OP
Reservado 1.
Aug 21, 2017, 09:52 AM
Thread OP
Reservado 2.
Aug 21, 2017, 09:53 AM
Thread OP
Reservado 3.
Aug 21, 2017, 10:00 AM
Thread OP
Reservado 4.
Sep 05, 2017, 07:19 AM
I'm moving over from Spektrum to a Graupner MZ-24 and would be very interested in this topic. I'm not sure what aircraft you fly but if you could do a tutorial on 2 specific points I would very much appreciate it.

1. How to set variable camber on either a slider or dial. For instance on a sailplane when thermal-ling or in light lift it would be nice to adjust the amount of camber for the conditions when in Thermal flight mode (Q-link).
2. Very similar, how to set variable snap-flap on on a slider or dial. Again, if flying a sailplane in F3F for example it is good to be able to adjust the amount of snap-flap that comes in when pulling back on the elevator depending on the conditions.

I hope you don't mind me asking but these are the two things I cant seem to work out from the manual. If you are able to explain one then it should be fairly straight forward to apply it to the other.

Thanks
Sep 05, 2017, 11:00 AM
Thread OP
Hi Brett82, thank for your post. I fly sport planes and have not had the experience to program in either radio flight modes or camber.

I found the MZ-24 Pro a little more challenging that the Spektrum to program, and by now the only thing I have mastered is the equivalent of the Digital Switch Assignment, which requires the use of a curve mix to achieve in the Graupner, what is achieved through the Digital Switch Assignment in my DX9 radio.

My next challenge is the flap system, another challenge in the Graupner, that is simple to achieve in the Spektrum.

Flap Programming:

Using the Flap Set menu on the mz-24 and mz-24 PRO radio (7 min 8 sec)
Last edited by eihoward; Dec 07, 2018 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Found a video that handles Flap programming
Sep 06, 2017, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the reply. I must admit, as I was typing I thought I bet he flies sports planes or helis and has no need for those mixers.

Thanks anyway, I will keep subscribed cause there is going to be something you post that will help.
Dec 07, 2018, 04:48 PM
Thread OP
Moved to the MZ-32 and sold my MZ-24 Pro.

Quick Reply