Y6B pixhawk motor wiring - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 21, 2017, 09:47 AM
Discussion

Y6B pixhawk motor wiring

Hi all,

I had my DIY Y6 frame equipped with an AMP 2.6. Now I am moving to a Pixhawk controler. I have props and motors spinning as in the Arducopter diagram. Now how to wire the signals from the motors. If I test my motors from the config tab, motor test, should the order be A=1, B=2, C=3, D=4, E=5, F=6? Because wired like this my frame has just flipped on its back.
I am pretty sure my issue is with the motor assignment on the Pixhawk. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2017, 08:42 AM
That was my mistake. Reason for weird behaviour was in the frame selection. Now with Y6B selected the motor assignment from Pixhawk is correct.

But now I have an other issue with yaw. Almost impossible to turn to the right! Turning left is ok, but almost 0 authority to the right :/ Any idea?
Aug 27, 2017, 11:59 PM
Are you using different sizes props for top/bottom motors?

I'm thinking about different force from different props sizes. To turn right, the bottom motors must spin faster than top motors. But because of smaller bottom props, the effect is not enough to turn the copter to the right.. I believe better with y6a config.

Should be no problem with y6b if using the same size props for top/bottom..
Aug 28, 2017, 03:27 AM
@araiAQ: Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately my Y6 has 6 same siez and pitch propeller. I think I might give a try in Y6A configuration if no other success.
Aug 28, 2017, 07:30 PM
Strange behavior.. How about your motors? same size? same kv?
Aug 29, 2017, 11:25 AM
6 same motors, Sunnysky X2212 980kV, 6 same propellers, 3 CW, 3CCW.
I will try tonight in the A configuration. If it depends from the hardware, config Y6A should neither work, or weirdly.
Aug 29, 2017, 07:42 PM
you do see Y6A and Y6B do not use the same prop rotation as well as motor assignment right? You have to have matching airframe, motor connection and prop rotation.
Aug 30, 2017, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug398
you do see Y6A and Y6B do not use the same prop rotation as well as motor assignment right? You have to have matching airframe, motor connection and prop rotation.
I am aware of it. I did the motor reassignment first on the Y6B for a 2nd time and now to the Y6A configuration. Changed the frame type in mission planner.

Testflight in Y6A configuration. It went a lot better. Could yaw right and left at almost the same speed. I will change the props now back to 10x4.5 in APC and not carbon. Part of my carbon props are dammaged.

I hope to be on the right way