Thrasher - RC Groups
Aug 21, 2017, 06:46 AM
Discussion

Thrasher

Soon to be new Thrasher owner. Long time RC boater, new to jets.
Spent hours reviewing all the threads in this new Jet boat section.
After weighing PROs and CONs of all the alternatives I decided on RTR, max reliability and product support.
Key factors in my decision:
US company
Customer response time
Self righting
Billet Aluminum Alloy Impeller
vacuum bilge system
Spare parts availability
No upgrades, tips, or tricks required to perform as designed. (Pay upfront onetime)

I emailed Streamline RC with a simple question and received a response within 4 hours.
Being able to communicate with the vendor is a top requirement for me.
I placed my ordered and the confirmation stated" working on lead times of about 7 days "
Another email between Scott (Company President) and I and he stated he would expedite my shipment.
Hours later received tracking info and boat will arrive this Friday.

The Thrasher is designed for 2-6S. I have a box of HK batteries from 2-4S, some already starting to puff and others showing increasing IR.
Time to step up in quality and price.
Settled on 6S, 45C, 4400 Glacier from buddy RC.

Looking forward to Fridays delivery.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2017, 04:24 PM
I have had my Thrasher for a little over a year now and I like it for all the same reasons you said. I like a product that is engineered by someone that actually uses it and spent a lot of time thinking about it.

Jetkayaker using a reshaped Thrasher jet boat (10 min 29 sec)
Aug 27, 2017, 06:58 PM
Thrasher arrived Friday. Well packaged with simple 1 sheet instructions right on top. Nice to see a company use 100% recyclable cardboard instead of Styrofoam.
3 unexpected surprises: Radio was already bound to receiver, stainless steel guard was included, and foam injected in the bow

Aug 28, 2017, 08:19 AM
Had Thrasher out for her maiden run with my local boat club. The boat performed flawlessly, evan with 15-20 MPH winds. With the 6S, the boat was competitive with the Fei Lun FT011 and beat the smaller FT012. I also did several runs with 4S and 3S and in total went thru 8 batteries, essentially all back to back runs.

The motor and ESC cooling is extremely effective. Not even warm. The new Glacier 6S were warm but not hot. Several of the HK Zippy 4S were HOT. Time to upgrade.

The vacuum bilge system worked well. Less then a teaspoon of water in the bilge.

Steering a jet drive does take a few minutes of practice. I did run into the lake bank a few times and one time slammed head on into a rock. Tough little boat. Just a minor scratch on the tip of the bow.

Fellow boat club members were very impressed with the build quality and the level of detail.

It is very refreshing to purchase a RTR boat and not have to make any adjustments or mods to overcome design flaws. Granted this is an expensive boat, but other then batteries, nothing else needed. Given the well designed cooling system, I anticipate a long life from the motor and ESC.

Sep 19, 2017, 11:23 AM
nice , looks like the lipo tray has been changed . i will have to try and find another inside picture to confirm
Sep 19, 2017, 11:27 AM
yes theres been a change ..also looks like the center cross brace is not being used anymore . ?

i thought the cross brace was a nice touch and a great place for the esc to sit . wonder why he done away with it?
https://youtu.be/5N56Xn-2lEo?t=417