Fun Sunday at FAW today! - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 20, 2017, 08:19 PM

Fun Sunday at FAW today!

I maidened my first balsa 3d plane (pictured) this morning early. It's an older ARF GP Edge 540T. It was a little underpowered on 3s and the prop/motor combo wasn't quite right. I still love the way this plane flys and it'll be my practice plane until I feel confident enough to invest in a Extreme Flight Laser or Extra.

This GP plane has a horrible reputation for having a weak landing gear. Despite reinforcing it before the maiden, it still managed to tear off one strut. So...I'm going to do some surgery and build a new box out of thick ply and then mount a CF landing gear with some nylon wing bolts (they can shear).

Thanks everyone that helped in the search for my hotline that went down in the corn! And thanks for a lovely morning at the field. It was super fun seeing the variety of planes and pilots. Such a nice way to spend a Sunday morning!
to remove ads between posts